Jayztwocents GIGABYTE Waterforce 3X 980 SLI - Complete Review

Agent181

Could possibly be the ugliest thing i've ever seen.

That's what happens when you take CLCs too far. I don't know, if it was an internal radiator and there were just 2 GPUs I'd be okay with it.

That's what happens when you take CLCs too far. I don't know, if it was an internal radiator and there were just 2 GPUs I'd be okay with it.

Even the waterblocks look awful. The god damn tubing as well, why would people buy this.

Even the waterblocks look awful. The god damn tubing as well, why would people buy this.

If it works fine then I wouldn't care about an ugly waterblock or tubing, it's the external radiator box that kills it for me.

If it works fine then I wouldn't care about an ugly waterblock or tubing, it's the external radiator box that kills it for me.

The tubing is way too long to hide, the waterblocks have this kind of mesh BS and the external box the external god damn box it's like putting a turd on the top of your PC.

The tubing is way too long to hide, the waterblocks have this kind of mesh BS and the external box the external god damn box it's like putting a turd on the top of your PC.

If the radiator was internal the tubing wouldn't have to be so long, I couldn't care less about the look of the waterblock tbh.

If the radiator was internal the tubing wouldn't have to be so long, I couldn't care less about the look of the waterblock tbh.

But for the same price you could get your own better looking water blocks, Gigabyte dun fucked this up, They could of just made an Ares iii clone with individual cards rather then a dual card.

I don't understand this at all.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

if it was like he said at the end and they were just single card with a 120 rad, then i think they would sell well. the tubing is disgusting though.........

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Holy balls. What is this :D

I mean.. people who like very flashy things may be the only people who may want this (but only the rich ones). Therefore less than 1%.

This is just dumb. What were they thinking?

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

*Snip*

Mother of god, that made my internet hurt.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I feel sorry for Gigabyte.....why would they do that?

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

What in the. How? Why?

Price is pretty reasonable.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Mother of god, that made my internet hurt.

sorry, the ultimate facepalm was necessary.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

sorry, the ultimate facepalm was necessary.

It was impressive I will give you that.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Eww.

This really seems like one of those "we made it because we could" products and for that I fully support it's existence. Gigabyte probably only made a small number of these knowing not many would sell. Not only would I never consider triple SLI but I'd never buy a crazy as CLC like this, not to mention for 3 grand I could build a bad ass SLI watercooling set up with money to spare.