Sony exec fires back at President Obama

Spiderloser

Sony exec: 'We have not caved

Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton, denying that the studio had "caved" by scrapping next week's opening of "The Interview," fired back Friday after President Obama said the studio had "made a mistake."

In an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, Lynton also reopened the door to a future release of the controversial comedy, saying the company is considering some sort of release on the Internet.

http://money.cnn.com/video/media/2014/12/19/sony-entertainment-ceo-michael-lynton-fareed-zakaria-hack-response-obama.cnnmoney/

Source : http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/19/media/sony-executive-michael-lynton-responds-to-president-obama/index.html

myThouhgts :  mite be making a lotta excuses sure sounds like it

aZWdwDW_460s.jpg

'Nuf said

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

aZWdwDW_460s.jpg

'Nuf said

Same here  :P

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton, denying that the studio had "caved" by scrapping next week's opening of "The Interview," fired back Friday after President Obama said the studio had "made a mistake."

In an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, Lynton also reopened the door to a future release of the controversial comedy, saying the company is considering some sort of release on the Internet.

http://money.cnn.com/video/media/2014/12/19/sony-entertainment-ceo-michael-lynton-fareed-zakaria-hack-response-obama.cnnmoney/

Source : http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/19/media/sony-executive-michael-lynton-responds-to-president-obama/index.html

myThouhgts :  mite be making a lotta excuses sure sounds like it 

Dude select AUTO color AUTO AUTO.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

After all of this PR, you guys really think Sony will not release it, or release it for free?

Thanks to all of this, when they release it, it's going to break records worldwide.

some kind of release on the internet... which movie company was planning on dumping a bunch of previews on torrent sites, disguised as a different full length movie?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Thery're gonna need some more treads for all that back-track

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Put it on mp4`s and smuggle dem into North Korea.

carpet bombing them with dvd's would be much funnier. VHS copies as well

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Release on the internet?

Make it free and on every torrent site.

Give everyone free to air license for the movie.

I want to see GoP's response to that.

After all of this PR, you guys really think Sony will not release it, or release it for free?

Thanks to all of this, when they release it, it's going to break records worldwide.

some kind of release on the internet... which movie company was planning on dumping a bunch of previews on torrent sites, disguised as a different full length movie?

GoP has already covered "leaking" the movie in their threats.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/19/media/insde-sony-hack-interview/

"Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy."

"And we want everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately."

I don't like the source, but meh...

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

carpet bombing them with dvd's would be much funnier. VHS copies as well

for added weight drop a bunch of giant laser discs as well. I'm sure they're edible.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

for added weight drop a bunch of giant laser discs as well. I'm sure they're edible.

HAH

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

actually yes, much more delicate approach

make sure you throw in a few packets of flyers of kim jin un memes also

kim-jong-un-ballistic-missiles.jpg

"Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy."

"And we want everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately."

And what are they going to do? They can't expect threatening to attack Sony HQ or random homes to work. Besides that, they're no threat. Here are the possibilities:

1. They work for North IKorea, in which case they definitely won't attack because it'll start a war they have no chance of winning. They have no real allies and tons of enemies, so it would be suicide unless Russia miraculously joins in and starts WWIII.
  2. They're a bunch of pranksters (LizardSquad level 2) posing as people defending Jong-Un (trust me, nobody outside of the NK government would actually want to support that guy), in which case they're just blowing smoke.

The odds of any actual terrorist attack are slim to none. Thus, the only weapon they have is the data they collected. So, does Sony really care about employee data? Watch the latest episode of The Tek for an answer to that question.

Also, I'll be honest and say that I don't actually care about the movie itself, but I want to see how this whole mess ends.

Fuck it Sony, just go straight to DVD and release it on disc with a simultaneous worldwide release date. What are they going to do, blow up every shop in the whole world?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If it was their intention all along... good, that's good.

Else, it would be a "Damn, everyone is making us look bad, time to say it was our plan all along"

Nevertheless, they have to release the movie, the hackers already have the information, Sony can only reinforce their security to prevent further attacks, releasing the movie will cause a massive problem Day-1, but if they don't, they'll probably move to backroom blackmailing just to say "See? We stopped as promised" which they obviously won't.

And what are they going to do? They can't expect threatening to attack Sony HQ or random homes to work. Besides that, they're no threat. Here are the possibilities:

1. They work for North IKorea, in which case they definitely won't attack because it'll start a war they have no chance of winning. They have no real allies and tons of enemies, so it would be suicide unless Russia miraculously joins in and starts WWIII.
  2. They're a bunch of pranksters (LizardSquad level 2) posing as people defending Jong-Un (trust me, nobody outside of the NK government would actually want to support that guy), in which case they're just blowing smoke.

The odds of any actual terrorist attack are slim to none. Thus, the only weapon they have is the data they collected. So, does Sony really care about employee data? Watch the latest episode of The Tek for an answer to that question.

Also, I'll be honest and say that I don't actually care about the movie itself, but I want to see how this whole mess ends.

"They work for North Korea, in which case they definitely won't attack because it'll start a war they have no chance of winning. They have no real allies and tons of enemies, so it would be suicide unless Russia miraculously joins in and starts WWIII."

If it is North Korea, they're fucking crazy, remember that. That said, there's been some evidence to support that it's not North Korea and it's actually an internal thing, possibly staged. I can't remember where I saw that but it seems plausible to me, at least more plausible than North Korea being the culprit.

"They're a bunch of pranksters (LizardSquad level 2) posing as people defending Jong-Un (trust me, nobody outside of the NK government would actually want to support that guy), in which case they're just blowing smoke."

What if they were paid? People will do crazy things for money.

"So, does Sony really care about employee data? Watch the latest episode of The Tek for an answer to that question."

If you think Sony doesn't care about keeping their employees safe, you're an idiot. Employees are an investment. Letting their personal information get leaked to the general public is putting them in a lot of danger, thus putting their investment and money in danger. It may be one of the only weapons they have, but it's damn effective. If you want to put a company into the red, attacking all their employees is a good way to do it.

I watched the relevant part of The Tek. If you're referring to how Sony didn't tell their employees about the problem, that could easily be explained as a safety measure. Granted, they didn't spend a lot on security, but they probably know how much damage internal hysteria can do. I can imagine Sony would want to keep that locked down.

You directed me to The Tek, so I'll direct you to the WAN Show. Linus touches on Sony's attitudes towards their employees.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

"They work for North Korea, in which case they definitely won't attack because it'll start a war they have no chance of winning. They have no real allies and tons of enemies, so it would be suicide unless Russia miraculously joins in and starts WWIII."

If it is North Korea, they're fucking crazy, remember that. That said, there's been some evidence to support that it's not North Korea and it's actually an internal thing, possibly staged. I can't remember where I saw that but it seems plausible to me, at least more plausible than North Korea being the culprit.

"They're a bunch of pranksters (LizardSquad level 2) posing as people defending Jong-Un (trust me, nobody outside of the NK government would actually want to support that guy), in which case they're just blowing smoke."

What if they were paid? People will do crazy things for money.

"So, does Sony really care about employee data? Watch the latest episode of The Tek for an answer to that question."

If you think Sony doesn't care about keeping their employees safe, you're an idiot. Employees are an investment. Letting their personal information get leaked to the general public is putting them in a lot of danger, thus putting their investment and money in danger. It may be one of the only weapons they have, but it's damn effective. If you want to put a company into the red, attacking all their employees is a good way to do it.

I watched the relevant part of The Tek. If you're referring to how Sony didn't tell their employees about the problem, that could easily be explained as a safety measure. Granted, they didn't spend a lot on security, but they probably know how much damage internal hysteria can do. I can imagine Sony would want to keep that locked down.

You directed me to The Tek, so I'll direct you to the WAN Show. Linus touches on Sony's attitudes towards their employees.

They're crazy, but I don't think they're suicidal. There's a reason that they haven't attacked yet. As for it being staged and internal, that's pretty much point 2 and thus means that the chance of attack is 0.

"Paid" falls under point 1.

I don't really need any details beyond the fact that it was kept secret. They did it so that people wouldn't quit due to not feeling safe. It's not like something like this would have stayed secret for long.

*snip*

'Nuf said

Well durr. Because Small-Dong from North Korea got his way, Murica wants to be able to see it out of spite. Why else do you think most people wanna see a comedy like that?

Oh but if there is money to be made, it will get out. Sony is surely being advised by the FBI, and sure the NSA has one eye on this matter.

Other then that? They are just hyping the movie to an extent that Sony will release it and profit from it - alot! Sony is a hostage of their information, private information - imagine if Sony turns it public? No matter how nasty and shamefull it is, for the consumer, all for the sake of protecting free speech. Then what?

They will resort to actual terrorism over a movie? A movie that's probably worst then Pineapple Express? Because that's a huge step away from what they are doing, and so are the consequences of it. I have no clue about USA National Security protocols, but I don't think this is terrorism at all.

The only ones who are screwed up are the Insurance Companys who are covering the movie and Sony employees - if anything happens, they are the one paying for it,

If it was an inside job, and a marketing ploy on Sony's part, they would not have involved the FBI. If the FBI were in on it, and it was part of a larger plan to provoke N Korea into a war (false flag), they would have not given into the demands of the hackers, but instead let an attack happen to turn public opinion against N Korea for war. There's no skirting around the logic of this. If it's an inside job at Sony, then law enforcement, FBI, and government would have to be in on it too, or be completely incompetent. Considering how calmly the FBI pointed the finger at N Korea, one would think that they are completely unintimidated by N Korea, but scared shirtless of the actual hackers... and that in itself seems odd.

If it was an inside job, and a marketing ploy on Sony's part, they would not have involved the FBI. If the FBI were in on it, and it was part of a larger plan to provoke N Korea into a war (false flag), they would have not given into the demands of the hackers, but instead let an attack happen to turn public opinion against N Korea for war. There's no skirting around the logic of this. If it's an inside job at Sony, then law enforcement, FBI, and government would have to be in on it too, or be completely incompetent. Considering how calmly the FBI pointed the finger at N Korea, one would think that they are completely unintimidated by N Korea, but scared shirtless of the actual hackers... and that in itself seems odd.

You lost me. I can't tell if you believe all that stuff you just said or if you were illustrating how crazy it sounds when it's said out loud.

I wish Sony would just tell them to go fck themselves and release the movie in theaters.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

aZWdwDW_460s.jpg

'Nuf said

that has a 9gag watermark. I wonder who's work they stole this time..

SPAAAAAACE!!!