Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I think I would upgrade from my old Phenom IIx4 965 (yeah very old), and pick an asus X99 A and 16Go of DDR4. I am mostly gaming on my computer, but this way I would not have to upgrad my CPU for years.

This would actually make a platform upgrade to x99 more realistic because cash is kinda hard to come by for me

Good luck everyone :)

What I would do is probably get a bit more money.buy a mobo and ram and make a system out of it for gaming and rendering

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I'd build a new pc which I've been meaning to do for a while.

Render ALL THE VIDEOS that is my plan of what to do with that cpu! and also overclock the living s*** out of it

I would use the 5820k for game development, video editing, and gaming. I'm currently running a pentium g3258, so it would be a very nice upgrade.

I would like to build a new high-end multiuse rig.

It would also be my first intel rig

If I win this, I'll take it out on dates, to movies, to football games, and propose and marry it, and live a happy life.

My brother is making a PC so i would probably give him my old one and have this one  :)

CPU Intel Coew i7 4790k | GPU GeForece GTX 780 Ti | RAM 32GB G.SKILL 2400MHz Quad Channel | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-X | Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MK1 | SSD Intel 730 

Series 240GB SSD (Boot Drive) | HDD WD Black 2TB | Case NZXT H440 (Black) | OS Windows 8.1 64-Bit | Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Keyboard Logitech G710+

If I won this new processor I would use it as an opportunity to upgrade from DDR2 memory and finally purchase the gigabyte gtx 770 to play all of the games I will be buying in the steam sales! :D

I'd buy a x99 board, and replace my MSI 970 Gaming with the AMD FX 8320 on it, making my rig competetive enough for quite a few years.

I'd probably finally build my first PC. I'm still battling with an 8 year-old computer.

I would love to get i7, i would use it for recording gameplays and playing game with my friends which i cant play now on my intel pentium.

I've always thought that the 5820K could be the perfect replacement for my old and beloved i7 920.

Use? Gaming, overclock ( under a custom liquid cooling ) and probably 3D CAD

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Still got an old Intel i5 2500k.. so yeah.. kinda need to upgrade :D

Streaming is something I'd definately try out. Might as well,considering all the time I spend watching others stream.

I’ll probably use it for gaming and video editing, I really need a new rig cause my rig is horrible, I have a core duo, I was planning to buy an x99 motherboard anyway

Yay, giveaway-time!

I was planning on building a new rig, and winning this CPU would be huuuuuuge. Thanks Intel and of course LinusMediaGroup for this epic giveaway. 

Woah, I wish I had one of those boxes sitting in front of me... I'd use it for video production, streaming, as well as CAD and Rhino work (since I'm studying Architecture). Would do for a much needed upgrade over my current baby, probably going to get one if I can find some money, but that would take a while.

If I win this I could finally get started on some proper video editing and streaming! My current pc is so bad that I can't do what I want. Also, I would make it as future proof as possible :)

If I win, im gonna SLIfire it with another 5820k to make an core i14 11640k to use on my x198 motherboard. I've already bought the $3 superglue to attach them together and im not gonna let anyone talk me out of it.

This would be much better than my fx-9370, it won't light my room on fire....