Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

This would replace the ivybridge i5 bottlenecking my system perfectly! I would love to start steaming and this would be the missing piece!

It would be amazing if could get my hands in that 5820k, I'll used for video editing and gaming.

Nice of you to do a give-away! 

Winning would be epic 

my best mate is thinking of upgrading his 6 year old computer and as a Christmas present it would be nice to give him one cpu.

I would replace my FX 6300 and it would make editing and rendering videos WAY easier.  

Hello Everyone, I'm new to Linus Tech Tips and I must say it nice to be able to find good and useful content from a reliable Tech Source, being a Tech Guy from South America its sometimes hard to keep up with the way how technology is constantly changing.

So basically what I'm trying to say is Thank You Guys and A Merry Christmas 

I would use it in my first build. A gaming/multitasking/video editing beast.

I would upgrade to a super hardcore rig cause I want one to do everything I can: editing, gaming, working,...

I've been wanting to build an X99 system since it's release. This would definitely help that along, and I got a nice shiny new Sapphire Dual X R9 280 to go with the build too! :-)

If I won I would use my CPU to run applications.

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

console peasant in the ps2 era, became a convert at 2007 and i would never come back especially with very good tech such as this, the real next gen :D

i would really want to make use of it for upgrading my old pc which is a core 2 quad at 3.2 ghz, its way too updated but still could get better frames than a console in games if paired with decent gpu despite having a 15-20 percent bottleneck xD

Uhmm nothing much. Gaming, Video Editing, Photoshopping and of course Multi-Tasking. Furthermore, I'd overclock this bad boy and take it to extremely enthusiast levels! Me and my friend together oc'd his i7 4770k to 4.5ghz through liquid cooling. We almost felt like we won the whole world with this frequency. Overclocking is an adventurous, strenuous but a very exciting and satisfying experience in the end. Might be a big pain in the arse for beginners though.

Anyway, being stuck on a mediocre level cpu, this give away means a lot to me.

Good Luck to everyone out there who's participating in this give-away. I'd also like to take this moment to thank Linus Tech for their efforts to bringing a world wide give-away.

Well, I would use it for working, and gaming, and folding (I have been using my CoreDuo for such a long time, this would give an incredible boost!).

Oh and watching Linus videos  :P

Good luck to everyone!

I would love to win this for gaming and if I win I am going to use it to record games and make my own channel.

Great giveaway. This is what I would do with the chip -

CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core $374.75 CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid $89.99 Motherboard ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 $209.99 Memory GeIL 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 $250.98 Storage Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB 2.5" SSD $99.99   Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM $97.99 Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V $349.99 Case NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower $109.99 Power Supply EVGA 850W ATX12V / EPS12V $104.99

I will be using this to build an X99 workstation which I will during my studies as an engineer either in 2015 or 2016 (depending on if I want to take a gap year)

I will be using this to build an X99 workstation which I will during my studies as an engineer either in 2015 or 2016 (depending on if I want to take a gap year)

I would build a graphics crunching maxhine for my wifes hopes of becoming a professional photagrapher.

I would love the 5820k for my 4k gaming and editing rig and it help move to x99 with out destroying my wallet 

Winning this would give me a reason to start looking at building a new PC. Still using the one HP custom built for me in 2008.