Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

Oh, shoot another giveaway, awesome.

Wow this looks really nice :D Im so going to use this beast i7 for my new pc (if i get it hehe) ;)

I'll overclock the CPU till it hertz!

Then, I'll get serious about gaming video recording and editing. Especially MMOs like Planetside 2.

I would like to win this processor because i want to build a mineral oil-cooled pc  and the hardware that i own is realy old (AMD FX 6300 GTX 660 OC MSI) so i want to upgrade and sorry for the bad Englisch im Dutch and 13 years old

If i get one of these processors i would upgrade my system, and use my current system as a server.

I really hope i win one of these. I'm between a rock and a hard place with my current system. To upgrade my current system i would have to spend way too much money. I would have to buy a 5820k to see a significant performance increase, and getting one would help me out a lot.

Thanks for the opportunity to win one.

Yayyyy

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

I would probably sell my 3930k, 6-core (see signature) and get 128GB instead of 64GB. I need it for virtualisation .e.g. I sometimes run the entire Microsoft System Center suite with 15 VM's at the same time..

It's good to have some performance / capacity when you need to do these things :P

The only thing is, this uses ddr4 which is very expensive.. hmm especially 16GB dimms.

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

i would replace my laptop then and give that CPU a proper beating wich is i7 worthy, by doing stupid things like gaming and 3d rendering at the same time, while also rendering a video and have a teamspeak server hosted.

or just play games and nothing else.

P.S.

@nicklmg, turn the colour to normal, nightime people(like me) got trouble reading it this way without selecting everything.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I would definitely use it in my future gaming/workstation build. Would be great to try out x99 :D

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 | Intel i5-6600K@4.6GHz | Asus Maxiumus VIII Hero | G-Skill Trident Z 2X8GB DDR4 3200MHz

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Fractal Design Kelvin S36 | EVGA SuperNova G2 750W

Acer Predator X34A | Logitech Proteus Spectrum G502 | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown

It would take a dent out of my x99 build in the new year and I would use it for video editing/production and game creation.

I'd love this Intel i5 for one reason to rise out of the peasantry and into the pcmasterrace I have this clunk of an old tower, which is a gateway gt5628 with a geforce 9800gt graphics card everything else is stock. So I am trying to just build another from scratch to have the full enjoyment of knowing I built it and getting this will obviously cut the cost of the rig

This would be a really fancy upgrade for my system!
I'm currently doing some video-related stuff for school and this would boost my working speed significantly. 

sorry for the double post :(

Edited by Kroum

I'd probably buy a new motherboard because my current one is a evga p55 ftw :)

x99 masterrace!

I'm a streamer and i need to have good cpu for multitasking :D 

Hmm, it would be a great update from a i3,and it would help a lot with video editing and wouldn't bottle neck my 770.

I want to learn video effects and video editing professionally.

Birthday luck be with me <3

I would love to have an x99 build for gaming/streaming and some video editing.

Awesome processor, would be a dream come true to win one of these beasts, if i do win one of these i could get rid of my starving AMD processor and multitask like crazy like encoding my gameplay videos while i game, and get into video editing.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 MotherboardMSI 990FXA-GD80 V2  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2X4 GB) 1600mHz DDR3 GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 460 V2 1GB OC Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Storage: 250GB HDD Primary & 3TB HDD Secondary PSU: Thermaltake 550W

Display: Dell E2210H 1080P LCD Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Keyboard: Cheap Generic Keyboard Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium

I'll use that processor to maybe build my own computer, it will really cut the budget needed to make one.

Great Christmas present from Intel!

Getting this would make my year  :rolleyes: