Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I would use it to power a home server so I could have a super responsive new website! 

I'd use the new chip to build an awesome X99 rig and re-boot my YouTube channel.

This is pretty awesome. I might turn my current computer into a dedicated NAS and use the 6 core for my main computer. That would allow be to do some cool projects that I've been wanted to try out. Maybe setup KVM on the NAS and add a 2 port Intel NIC and running pfSense on the same computer. Oh gawd I have all kind of cool ideas I want to pursue. I could even add a TV tuner card and figure out a way to run MythTV on the same box. The downside is that I'd still have to buy all the other components which would probably end up being as much or more than the free CPU, so I'll probably just sell what I have and switch on over.

OMG i would LOVE this thing :D im building a Quadro workstation for auto-cad, so that i can make custom 3D printed things :P this CPU would MAKE MY LIFE :D

Right now my processor is getting a bit old and I can't afford both a new CPU and motherboard. Knocking a CPU off the list of new things I need would be nice.

This giveaway sound great. I would like to move to the present cpu gen. I have a q6600cpu that Iam using to stream video, play games and convert videos and the Core i7 5820K is quite a power house

Awesome giveaway.

It's going to be a great addition to my first build ever.

I would most likely start streaming and doing youtube more consistently with more quality :)

Great giveaway, something so nice this time of year.

It would be great having an Intel processor to replace my AMD one right now. More power efficiency is nice

Comment for x99 extreme gaming!

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

If I were to win this processor, I would use it for editing as well as an upgrade for my current PC that is old and crappy (I have an Intel Core 2 duo at 2.66 GHz, 4 GB ddr2 ram, Windows 7. basically just took an old PC and bought a graphics card). The 5820k would upgrade this by a massive amount and I could finally get a better graphics card that my processor wont bottleneck (The r7 260x I have almost never runs at 100%)

Good luck to everyone

If I win, I will let someone else have another chance :)

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

id upgrade my whole rig around the new i7 to make a truly bad ass gaming and editing rig 

My little brother has had a bad year, other brother died a month ago, I'd use this to build him his first gaming pc and cheer him up! ;)

Regardless If I win or not I'm still gonna build him a pc, this would help with my bill though. :)

I would love this CPU! So much potential for multitasking, and all the CAD software too

yaaaa!!!!! Frebbies!!!!!! come one Santa !!!!! i need a new CPU!!!!

Since I started college in 2006, I've pretty much been unable to seriously play the best current games due to lack of funds. Even after graduating, a sluggish job search early on, college loans, and family have still kept me from committing any kind of money towards any kind of gaming setup.

From 2007 to Spring of THIS year, I was using this piece of crap HP:
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c00835809-12%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&ac.admitted=1402975944736.876444892.199480143

This year, I got a moderate upgrade because my church threw out its old PCs. It has an AMD A6-5400k APU Dual Core processor with a AMD Radeon HD 7540D GPU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113282) with 4 gigs of ram. So yeah, it's still not strong enough to play even good Last generation games. I'm currently making due to CS:GO and Hearthstone.

I'm currently shooting for this gaming/streaming/video editing build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FYGnwP

The build uses a 5930k, but a 5820k should easily tide me over for a good long while until a newer generation processor comes out.

I have monetized Youtube channel that I got back in 2010, but I haven't put anything on it because I don't think that the quality would be anywhere near good enough for the current environment. Winning a 5820k would significantly reduce the amount of money I would need to save to go for the Gaming/Streaming/Video Editing PC I want. Sure, the market is a lot more saturated than back in 2010, but that wouldn't stop me from trying. And even if I couldn't make it as a Youtuber/Streamer, I'd still have a kickass PC I could just mess around with.

Well, looks like your goal of community interaction was successful with this post, at least.

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

Edited by DONT forget about DRE

i would use it for gaming to match with my gtx 980, recording music, making beats, video editing, photo shopping and hack into the pentagons mainframe. just a few of the basic computer functions.