FX-8320 vs FX-8320E

Hey !

wow it's been a while

I wanted to know the difference between the regular " FX-8320 " and it's brother " FX-8320E " since that's the E version i am having for Christmas, and if this processor isn't going to overclock my AMD 7870 2GB ? Hope not, because this is giving me horrible FPS on some games... :rolleyes:

Thx in advance :P !

the 8320E's microprocessor is 24% less power consuming due to lower clock speed (creds to @Majestic)

correct me if im wrong

found it from this source: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/374/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8320_vs_AMD_FX-Series_FX-8320E.html

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

the 8320E's microprocessor is 24% more efficient in terms of power consumption, right?

correct me if im wrong

found it from this source: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/374/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8320_vs_AMD_FX-Series_FX-8320E.html

Hmmm yeah maybe the power comsuption is 95W compared to 125W which is great.

X4 955 to 8320E is a downgrade for games. @Swndlr no it's 24% less power consuming, because they just downclocked it. Efficiency is just as poor as the other FX series.

Really ??? Oh man... hope it's false my X4 955 isn't that great for video games like BF4

X4 955 to 8320E is a downgrade for games. @Swndlr no it's 24% less power consuming, because they just downclocked it. Efficiency is just as poor as the other FX series.

Not downgrade, it's just the same thing.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

oopsies xD ill fix it

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Hmmm yeah maybe the power comsuption is 95W compared to 125W which is great.

Really ??? Oh man... hope it's false my X4 955 isn't that great for video games like BF4

You shouldn't get E version anyway it's downgraded so it won't overclock nearly as well because it's likely to be bad chip. 8320 is fine, but you need to OC the shit out of it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You shouldn't get E version anyway it's downgraded so it won't overclock nearly as well because it's likely to be bad chip. 8320 is fine, but you need to OC the shit out of it.

and... he'll need a new motherboard. 

May as well go with a i5-4460 or something along those lines for gaming.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I hate OC and it's too late, i shouldn't have posted here.. :(

No my motherboard can handle it with a update of my BIOS

Not for overclocking, it only has a 4+1 phase and it's recommended to have 6+2 even for stock. It'll work, but make sure to keep the VRM's cooled adequately.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I wouldn't put an FX8 on that board 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Not for overclocking, it only has a 4+1 phase and it's recommended to have 6+2 even for stock. It'll work, but make sure to keep the VRM's cooled adequately.

Well i won't overclock much anyway, maybe just to 3.5 (maybe not because i hate OC) and yeah the VRM is going to be fine i guess, but this processor is going to make my games run smoother right D: ?

even i3 would be better than fx 8320e or even fx8320 if no oc.

^^^^^

Well i won't overclock much anyway, maybe just to 3.5 (maybe not because i hate OC) and yeah the VRM is going to be fine i guess, but this processor is going to make my games run smoother right D: ?

Spoiler

Even at stock speeds, I wouldn't put an FX8 chip on that board, and buying an 8320E and overclocking to 3.5ghz is just stupid as an 8320E is an underclocked 8320 (and is likely a worse overclocker).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Even at stock speeds, I wouldn't put an FX8 chip on that board.

Well it says it can so why not ?

Well it says it can so why not ?

Because the board can't handle the power draw of the chip. The VRM cooling is terrible, and the power delivery system is crap. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I hate OC and it's too late, i shouldn't have posted here.. :(

what do you mean "I hate OC"...you don't like push your hardware to the best they can be? maybe its just me, but i like the nicks and nacks of overclocking my Cpu or Gpu. trial and error, benchmarks. then when I reach the best OC setup. well...I stare at my screen wondering what game to play...well ok i get what you mean. lol

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Because the board can't handle the power draw of the chip. The VRM cooling is terrible, and the power delivery system is crap. 

Well sorry for not being able to buy the stuff i want, we don't all have a 500$ budget for Christmas.

what do you mean "I hate OC"...you don't like push your hardware to the best they can be? maybe its just me, but i like the nicks and nacks of overclocking my Cpu or Gpu. trial and error, benchmarks. then when I reach the best OC setup. well...I stare at my screen wondering what game to play...well ok i get what you mean. lol

Lol :P

Do not overclock at all on that board (with 8320 at least, you should be able to OC your 955 a bit), and like djdwosk97 said, it's not recommended to run at even stock speeds anyways.

The FX series are power hungry monsters that shouldn't be put on low phase boards. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Well sorry for not being able to buy the stuff i want, we don't all have a 500$ budget for Christmas.

Lol :P

0$ budget for Christmas

Thats completely irrelevant...whether or not you can afford to spend more doesn't matter. You seriously shouldn't put an FX8 chip on that board; but hey, who am I to argue...you want to burn out the board/chip be my guest. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do not overclock at all on that board (with 8320 at least, you should be able to OC your 955 a bit), and like djdwosk97 said, it's not recommended to run at even stock speeds anyways.

The FX series are power hungry monsters that shouldn't be put on low phase boards. 

Good thing i have a E-fficient version of then

Thats completely irrelevant...whether or not you can afford to spend more doesn't matter. You seriously shouldn't put an FX8 chip on that board; but hey, who am I to argue...you want to burn out the board/chip be my guest. 

No it's not because you guys are saying i need a new motherboard and (etc..) but i can't afford one and c'mon don't be that rude some people already did that with a FX-8530 and it worked great

I'd argue it's in your low budget's interest not to burn that board. And no lol, it's not efficient. It still puts out 160W on load. Yes, it's down from 210, but that isn't saying much ><

No it's not because you guys are saying i need a new motherboard and (etc..) but i can't afford one and c'mon don't be that rude some people already did that with a FX-8530 and it worked great

It's not more efficient, it's clocked lower. 

If you can't afford a new motherboard and a new cpu, then don't upgrade. Simple as that. Half-assing it and destroying one or both components won't do you any good. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I really don't recommend using that chip on that board, I know it's for Christmas and you already got it, but what happens when you blow up your motherboard/CPU and possibly your ram/gpu/psu etc?

Then you're really screwed.

RIP in pepperonis m8s