Best 2014 PC game for me

Unknown_Gamer380

TBH for 2014 games there hasn't been that much that I'd really say were "must haves". The best game for 2014 IMO is probably Shovel Knight, which is kinda a weird thing to say I know when everyone is obsessed with visuals. It's like looking for a movie to watch and having to pick between Alien and Avatar. Sure Avatar is newer and shinier and is set on a massive stage when compared to the lower budget, dated visuals and small sets of Alien.... but Alien does what it does so well that it's no contest.

That said, games to get? The same old three everyone would suggest none of which were 2014 releases. Batman, Bioshock, Tomb Raider. Wait a couple of days and you'll be able to get a taste of all three for about as much as you'd probably be happy paying for lunch. Bioshock Infinite in particular, that game is class.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Why are you blind to indie games? Some of the best games of the year were indies. Most notably Divinity: Original Sin (if you like ARPGs) and The Wolf Among Us (if you like any kind of character driven storytelling)

The only AAA game from the entire past year that I consider seviceable, almost good, is Alien Isolation. And sort of Titanfall, but Titanfall should have been $30 max as it has the exact same scope and quality as Natural Selection 2 which launched at €22.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

FC4 and BF4 anddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Shadow of modor.

From your list u should pick Tomb Raider since its best optimisedd game for PC.

U surely don't want to enter PC gaming with ACU because that game is absolute crap on PC according to many disappointed gamers :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Alien Isolation is my pick for best PC release this year. Very atmosferic, good graphics (especially the lighting is really well done) and the gameplay is unique.

Second would be Divinity: Original Sin. This game got really good reviews, haven't given it a go myself yet, to be honest.

'This War of Mine' is also an interesting title that does well at what it's supposed to do, it's quite a depressing game.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Why are you blind to indie games? Some of the best games of the year were indies. Most notably Divinity: Original Sin (if you like ARPGs) and The Wolf Among Us (if you like any kind of character driven storytelling)

And Insurgency.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

shadow of mordor and south park: stick of truth. 

2014 was interesting, a lot of hugely anticipated games flopped hard while many titles that were released inconspicuously ended up being amazing.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

If your just getting into pc and want to just stock up on some game i would reccomend all 3 bioshocks more than anything. even the 1st one will blow you away as to how much better things look on pc. Its safew to say that you have about 30 hours of gametime right there at the minimum, with more if you get the infinite dlc's. After that I would go with Borderlands 2 as its awesome. Then theres shooters like metro 2033, last light, and bf4. for rpg's I reccomend Arkham Origins, Black Flag (HIIIIIIIIIGHLY RECCOMEND I LOVED IT) and Shadow of mordor. Again, dont shy away from pc games that are older on the basis of bad graphics...they wont be.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Hello Guys I wanted to know which game I should get. I am new to PC gaming, since I was previously on 360 so yeah. between all that I will list below pick the game/s that I should go with. I already have ACU and FC4 btw

-Watch Dogs

-Call of duty Advanced Warfare

-Ryse: Son of Rome

-Dead Rising 3

-Titanfall

-BF4

-Tomb Raider

-Thief

thanks in advance

Tomb raider and alien isolation are the best PC game i've ever played on last 2 years

In my honest opinion, COD AW is complete and utter shit. Bought the game, single player was decent and kept me entertained. The mp was laggy as hell with little to no strategic encouragement in TDM. So disappointed.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k l Mobo: msi z97 pcmate l GPU: MSI Gtx 970 4gb OC l PSU: CM V550 l RAM: RipJaws 8gb l Case: NZXT H440 l Cooling: CM Hyper 212x l Storage: Crucial mx100 128gb ssd l OS: Windows 7 l Keyboard: CM storm quickfire ultimate(Blue) l Mouse: Razor Mamba l Display: Some shitty samsung monitor

From your list u should pick Tomb Raider since its best optimisedd game for PC.

U surely don't want to enter PC gaming with ACU because that game is absolute crap on PC according to many disappointed gamers :)

I already have it and its doing great

can it be alpha/beta games?

if so: Dungeon Defenders II

If not

Metal Gear Solid 5 ground Zero.

Personally I kinda don't like RPG's, but thats only my opinion.

I came here to help, but it looks like you guys got this covered ;)

post-75138-0-56390700-1419490267.gif

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

Haven't played many pc games since I only built my rig 3 months or so ago but I would have to say Tom Raider.