Best-Worst Sci-Fi Movie Theme Song

I was watching terrible music videos for a bit and came across the song that I think definitely takes the cake in this category, but I wanted to offer my opinion up for dissent just to make sure I wasn't being too shortsighted. 

My entry: Wild Wild West

As you know it was the title song to the film which also featured Will Smith. Not only were the song & film generally considered terrible, but it takes the cake as being the most catchy awful theme song of all time. I watched it one time and I haven't been able to stop singing the intro in my head, "Wild-wild, wicki; Wicki-wicki Wild-WILD WEST..."

It may also be worth noting that some people have slightly attributed this movie to the sudden rise in popularity of "steampunk." 

My runner ups were Princes of the Universe & the Flash Gordon Theme (Queen), but both were ultimately disqualified because they are not really considered bad as much as just disproportionately epic in comparison to the films they represent. 

FEXlF.jpg

200.gif

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

@CtW

@APrettyCoolWalrus

That was the most glorious GIF battle I have ever seen.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

@CtW

@APrettyCoolWalrus

That was the most glorious GIF battle I have ever seen.

it was actually @Pugs501

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

it was actually @Pugs501

Oh, my bad.  :P  I just quoted the last two people who posted gifs. I assumed it was you two who did it all  :D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

<--

*AHEM*

Oh, my bad.  :P  I just quoted the last two people who posted gifs. I assumed it was you two who did it all  :D

Refrigerator Thrown at you!

tumblr_maioc7l9nH1rc25i2o2_500.gif

And for not Recognizing me!

Because he had a hard drive.

Guardians of the galaxy; hooked on a feeling by blue swede. (I knew about the song long before it was on GOTG) But failing that the Imperial march is defo up there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoNZRDHHPxc The theme from Day Of The Dead was (IMO) horrible. It doesn't fit what's happening. I feel like most si-fi soundtracks from the 80's were just thrown together on somebody's lunch break.

I have to agree that a techno-ish soundtrack made no sense in a zombie flick, especially one as dark and awkward as this one; but I laughed pretty hard at the idea of someone just rocking this out on a synthesizer, sporting a sweet eighties pony tail and bright fluorescent sweatshirt with the sleeve chopped off.

Long live Bub!