Answer to everyone asking if mining is worth it.

Mh, this thread will end bad. Just let them mine if they want

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I don't see an issue with people wasting time and money for $0.002 "profit"

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Explain your reasoning. I don't mine but I like details.

Difficulty rates have made it impossible for people with consumer hardware to break even on the power bill.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Difficulty rates have made it impossible for people with consumer hardware to break even on the power bill.

You could go buy ASIC cards.

Fair enough, having said that the average person asking if they can make some dough on their fucking GTX 760 doesn't want a $1000 GPU to mine, even then break even after months.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Fair enough, having said that the average person asking if they can make some dough on their fucking GTX 760 doesn't want a $1000 GPU to mine, even then break even after months.

But my R7 240 can mine right?

Inb4 shit storm

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

But my R7 240 can mine right?

This better get 100 likes...

No.

No it isn't.

Do you know why mining started ? What its mining ?  WHY MINING ?

And who ever wants to mine - free to go

Mining rune ores get a lot of gold coins, what do you mean by mining isn't worth it?

Jokes aside I'd rather help people understand than out right tell them it's not worth it. They are newcomers and possibly don't understand much in tech, that's what the linustechtips forum is for right?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Rumour has it you need a lot of them (50 or so) to make anything. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Mining rune ores get a lot of gold coins, what do you mean by mining isn't worth it?

Jokes aside I'd rather help people understand than out right tell them it's not worth it. They are newcomers and possibly don't understand much in tech, that's what the linustechtips forum is for right?

The merch route is always faster.

No.

No it isn't.

Unless ur using an ASIC

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

$0.002 "profit"

Nuff said

please use default colour, that's not readable at all with the night theme. highlight the text and press the eraser in the top left to make it readable by everyone!

please use default colour, that's not readable at all with the night theme. highlight the text and press the eraser in the top left to make it readable by everyone!

Do I have to set it to auto everytime I post something?

Mine is worth it if you get the timing right. I made quite a hefty profit before the bitcoin crash. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Do I have to set it to auto everytime I post something?

It'll auto by default - until you copy/paste something in or change it.

Explain your reasoning. I don't mine but I like details.

Short and simple the complexity of blocks is so hard right now that you'll never complete one with PC hardware. The only way to make any money at all is to join a pool. Even then you wont make much compared to others who run huge ASIC farms. It's one of them spend a dollar chasing two cents deals now. The only way to make profit now is to invest big into your own farm.