Is EVGA a reliable brand for power supplies?

Random1234567

YES

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Definitely.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

of fucking course they are.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

JonnyGuru gave the SuperNova G2 850w 9.9/10.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

yesh

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Yes. Beware noisy fans on the cheap ones though.

Grab the G2 series, it's amazing.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I believe linus & luke put an evga psu in the mineral oil pc.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

As title says.

EVGA isnt a PSU brand.

They put their label on PSU's.

You will have to tell us what specific PSU you mean.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

YES they are the BEST.

No.

Only the g2/p2/t2

the lower ones are average at best

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

G2 & P2 are exceptional, especially when you take into consideration the cost.

G1's B's and anything else I'm forgetting float around average depending on the specific unit.

Also EVGA doesn't actually make power supplies, many of the popular brands don't either. In the case of the G2 and P2 units from EVGA they are re-branded Super Flower Leadex Gold/Platinum's.

They also use Enhance, FSP and Etasis as OEM's.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

HELL yeah. But they excel in the high end market, low end psus from them are good but not the best.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As title says.

Brand doesn't count for anything in Power supplies. The manufacturer and platform are more important. The lower end EVGA units are pretty average i.e The NEX range and also the 1500W NEX.

Any of the Superflower units are the ones to look at (And buy). There are also some Seasonic made units on the horizon according to the link below.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2293.htm

No they surely are not. Superflower and Seasonic are the best. 

Superflower OEM's a lot of EVGA's PSUs...

So in your words yes Seasonic + SuperFlower + Evga are the best. lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Superflower OEM's a lot of EVGA's PSUs...

So in your words yes Seasonic + SuperFlower + Evga are the best. lol

I thought they only OEMd the G2 line for them? 

I thought they only OEMd the G2 line for them? 

And the p2 line, and I think they did something else but I can'/t remember exactly.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Super Flower and Seasonic aren't the best but whatever.

Super Flower makes the G2 (Leadex Gold), P2 (Leadex Platinum), B2 (lowed efficiency Golden Green), and the future T2 (Leadex Titanium) series of EVGA.

Super Flower and Seasonic aren't the best but whatever.

Super Flower makes the G2 (Leadex Gold), P2 (Leadex Platinum), B2 (lowed efficiency Golden Green), and the future T2 (Leadex Titanium) series of EVGA.

Would like to know, what is better?

im trying to become more educated about this stuff, and never heard of anything better.