Room Cooling

UltimateAlloy25

So here's the deal, I live in Australia and down here it gets really hot in summer. My room can get very hot (especially with my PC running games) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any inexpensive methods of cooling it down, as my PC gets very loud and grumpy when my room heats up. I can't afford anything over a few hundred dollars so AC is currently out of the question. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bucket > Holes in bucket > Ice in bucket > Fan in bucket > Blow cold air out of bucket > Profit!

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Move to the UK ... yea ... you'll have a cold room for 10 out of 12 months in the year (If your lucky)!

Kidding. I would save up for a AC Unit though as it would help out alot.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Bucket > Holes in bucket > Ice in bucket > Fan in bucket > Blow cold air out of bucket > Profit!

Exactly what I was thinking

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

It will cause condensation though, big no-no for electronic equipment. 

EDIT: I just realized he wanted to cool his entire room in general, and not his PC directly. Disregard my previous post.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Thx for quick reply. 1 problem.

Ice melts > water drips through holes > floor gets wet > Loss

Put the holes above the ice.

caOw5Ht.png

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Move. It's your only option, move to the U.S.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Absolutely incredible drawing skills.

Next we're going to need some quick maths on how long we can go per kilo, then how much per bag, to work out a total cost per day (or hour) on cooling.

jk, seriously though, you people reply fast.

Well, if you have nothing holding you to Australia, move from it.  You'll likely find better internet and 'slightly' better prices in Europe :D  And cold weather abound!  Germany is nice as is the Netherlands.

Well, if you have nothing holding you to Australia, move from it.  You'll likely find better internet and 'slightly' better prices in Europe :D  And cold weather abound!  Germany is nice as is the Netherlands.

1. I've still gotta finish Uni here.

2. I was born in the netherlands and lived there for 6 years, its too dreary and everyone's grumpy as balls half the time. Went on holidays to Germany a few times and its quite nice, but I think I like it in Australia for now.

Other than the heat its quite nice here actually.

A fan with a wet towel over it is a well known makeshift air conditioner.

Probably wouldn't really help your PC though...

take all the exaught fans on your pc case. 

connect some of that dryer venting stuff, duct... name... (metal tubes for the air conditioning and heating in houses) 

take other end and put it outside.

put icecream in your pants.

problem solved.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Nope screw that place. I like my poisonous animals and ridiculously expensive PC part prices thanks. :P

alaska. 

equally as dealy however not form animals.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

usually pc prices are the same between uk, canada, us and australia, its the conversion from one form of currency to another, and how much minimum wageage is and what not. also how much standard unit is worth. cuase you have to have precious metals to back the money itself. a dollar bill is worthless without gold behind it, and every country has different amounts of gold (other metals too but u get point) 

had a convo with a friend about it last night, he was saying that he would have saved loads getting hhi parts form the US but i did some math and it would have cost ecactly the same. pretty much atleast (he would have saved around 2 dolalrs on a 800$ rig) 

from whati hear israel has the worst prices ever. 

-Jim Hensen

usually pc prices are the same between uk, canada, us and australia, its the conversion from one form of currency to another, and how much minimum wageage is and what not. also how much standard unit is worth. cuase you have to have precious metals to back the money itself. a dollar bill is worthless without gold behind it, and every country has different amounts of gold (other metals too but u get point) 

had a convo with a friend about it last night, he was saying that he would have saved loads getting hhi parts form the US but i did some math and it would have cost ecactly the same. pretty much atleast (he would have saved around 2 dolalrs on a 800$ rig) 

from whati hear israel has the worst prices ever. 

While that may be true, i can still save $100 instead (after postage AND conversion) by buying from the US and shipping it over. However you are right in the fact that AUS has higher wages, although that is only relevant for the low end section of the country, above a certain point the 'minimum wage' doesn't mean much because it becomes irrelevant to the mid and upper class. You did  bring up some good points though.

Also we dont have much in terms of precious metals but I do know there's coal and Uranium just flowing out of our ass right into China and India's (respectively) hands.

Open a window.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Open a window.

HAHAHAHAHA mate i live in australia.

what does opening a window do when its fucking 40c outside?

HAHAHAHAHA mate i live in australia.

what does opening a window do when its fucking 40c outside?

Mate I live in New Zealand!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Mate I live in New Zealand!

A. You should have some understanding of why you cant just open a window and be done with it.

B. I'm a lot closer to the equator than you lot are :P

A. You should have some understanding of why you cant just open a window and be done with it.

B. I'm a lot closer to the equator than you lot are :P

A. It's not that hot yet - only max of 26 right now...

B. Eh, shush and put some shrimp on the barbie!

A. It's not that hot yet - only max of 26 right now...

B. Eh, shush and put some shrimp on the barbie!

a. Well its 33c as of 10.30 in the morning for me so....

b. Who the fuck buys shrimp in Australia, just prawns.