A comment that I saw on a video about the ps4 and the Xbox one

ETRJ

What do you people think ?

Sorry forgot to upload the picture

post-7886-0-40689800-1371380072.jpg

Typical console gamers, throwing big words and numbers around trying to look smart. We dont need their console playing ass on the forum anyway.

actually it has a bit of truth. But these are still rumors but with the information at hand the ps4 does have a gpu with performance between an hd 7850-7870 while the xbox one has an hd 7770-7790. Also the ps4 hass gddr5 ram. Since it is an apu the gpu part will be having gddr5 while xbox one is using ddr3 which is slower.

I know rumoured specs I'm just saying that he thinks it definetly has those GPU's

So yes, PS4 fanboys are less dumb.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

So yes, PS4 fanboys are less dumb.

but they believe anything that they see

actually it has a bit of truth. But these are still rumors but with the information at hand the ps4 does have a gpu with performance between an hd 7850-7870 while the xbox one has an hd 7770-7790. Also the ps4 hass gddr5 ram. Since it is an apu the gpu part will be having gddr5 while xbox one is using ddr3 which is slower.

DDR3 is has lower latency ( which inturn makes it faster) but lower lower bandwidth. So, It can respond to a request very quickly but the amount of information it can give within that command is lower. GDDR5 is higher latency with higher bandwidth. So, It takes longer for it to respond to a request for information, but, It will give alot more information with that request. Also, The APU's that both microsoft and sony are using for their upcoming consoles are pretty much identical. 2 quad cores to give you an effective octocore, for the difference in performance we will have to wait till launch.

like WildTurtle said,lets just leave it until leach to see how they perform.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Someone will have to buy both console, and two copies of the same game just to prove the point.  Then again if they did, they should probably buy a high end PC and another copy of the game to show people.  Then at the end of the day... it's just a blog or video post and a few who will see for themselves.

Anyway, I wait for Gran Turismo 7... the only reason right now for buying PS4 console.  Disappointed I can't play GT5 and 6 on a more powerful system and higher resolution.

My Rigs (past and present)

DDR3 is has lower latency ( which inturn makes it faster) but lower lower bandwidth. So, It can respond to a request very quickly but the amount of information it can give within that command is lower. GDDR5 is higher latency with higher bandwidth. So, It takes longer for it to respond to a request for information, but, It will give alot more information with that request. Also, The APU's that both microsoft and sony are using for their upcoming consoles are pretty much identical. 2 quad cores to give you an effective octocore, for the difference in performance we will have to wait till launch.

I know that ddr3 has lower latency  but i was talking about the bandwith and memory clocks.

I know that ddr3 has lower latency  but i was talking about the bandwith and memory clocks.

Well you used the word "slower", which I assumed meant the rate at which work is done, not the amount. It makes sense for Microsoft to use DDR3 in their console since they're using like 18 VMs (FFS right?). But, typical dumbo consumer gonna think: "bigger number = better".