Galaxy NX Revealed: First Android-driven DSLR

MiNiMaXiMa

Pictured here are the first visuals of the device, which is designed to be a proper DSLR, but with the added functionality of a 4G LTE-enabled smart-device, driven by Android 4.2.2 with TouchWiz. So even with all its "smart" bells and whistles, it doesn't deviate from being a professional camera.

1394-6efab154_680_400.jpg

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/1394/galaxy-nx-revealed-first-android-driven-dslr.html

Didn't see it posted yet. Quite interesting imho, it may actually bring Canon and Nikon into the Android/OS stuff. Not to mention this may be my first DSLR :)

I want my DSLR to take photo's, not play Angry Birds.

Dumb.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

FYI, to anyone reading this, it's not actually a DSLR.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

FYI, to anyone reading this, it's not actually a DSLR.

This. It's a MILC.

I wonder if the screen is showing a live view of what it would look like or just a generic android screen. I would sure hope you didn't have to launch the camera app on your android camera to take pictures, it should just take pictures any time it is on by pressing the shutter release... :)

Is it very bad compared to DSLR's? 

just different. not bad at all.

the G lumix from panasonic are mirrorless if i'm correct and those are pretty much the best "dslr" recording cameras.

i don't like this mixing cameras with smart phones, soon i'll be holding a dslr to my ear and having a conversation.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I want my DSLR to take photo's, not play Angry Birds.

Dumb.

but in the rear case, u know the type of cases  where u have to use that ssd in your back pocket, you may actually use it  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Samsung really loves putting out every stupid idea they can come up with. Their MILCs aren't that great to begin with, slapping android on the back will just make them an even worse buy.

I think this looks really good. I am so used to using my phone and things, and have been looking at a ILCs for a while now, but am always disappointed at the fact that they are pretty bad tech devices, and only great cameras. This is both, and therefore has me very excited for it. Nice and compact, yet has he features of a SLR, with Android 4.2. Awesome