Sites removing Nintendo ROMS

minibois

I sometimes download ROMs of games that I have, which I want to play again or want to play with mods. Really only GBA games.

I wanted to play Super Mario World. I looked it up on my favorite ROM site (which name I won't mention), only to find out ALL Nintendo ROMs have been deleted.

Literally, all the Nintendo games pages were removed (that includes GameBoy, GBA, N64, etc.).

I think this is because Nintendo is going to patent GameBoy emulation, or would it be because of something else?

Thought this was interesting to share.

DISCLAIMER:

I only support emulation on games that are hard to find for the original system AND are not sold anymore.

I like playing hacked/modded versions of games and that is only available for emulation.

EDIT: 

When I Google a game (lets say: Super Mario World for the GBA) and see that site I was talking about and click the page I get a blank page with 1 line of text saying:

"This page has been removed due to copyrights."

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not only is it because the emulation is patented, it's also technically illegal for them to redistribute Nintendo's softwares (games).

Quite odd, the site i use regulary is still fine, and tbh i have a sh*tload of DS games so i don't care... If there's a will, there's a way :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Nintendo really need to modernize in general - taking profit from ads from youtube videos, only allowing you to connect one type of each device to your account etc.

Nintendo really need to modernize in general - taking profit from ads from youtube videos, only allowing you to connect one type of each device to your account etc.

Letting others distribute your IP for free has nothing to do with being modern.

This was talked about on WAN show I thought?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Quite odd, the site i use regulary is still fine, and tbh i have a sh*tload of DS games so i don't care... If there's a will, there's a way :)

And it's funny. That rhymes with my solution. Which also rhymes with an irate jay ... bird.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Letting others distribute your IP for free has nothing to do with being modern.

It's about priorities. There are more important things for them to concern themselves with than old games that they no longer manufacture or sell being distributed for free, which can only help them positively anyway since more people are playing the game and may as a result show interest in the series and buy the latest installment of the game.

This was talked about on WAN show I thought?

Pretty sure they talked about Nintendo patenting the GameBoy emulation and talking about how it could be used.

I just wanted to share the news, saying sites are actually removing Nintendo ROMs

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/