what's wrong with being a hipster?

spwath

In society there seems to be hipster hate. Why?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You wouldn't know, it's underground.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Because it was cool because it was cool.....wait that means....oh god

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

It's not being a hipster that's a problem, it's the effect on other people. There are plenty of things I do that could that aren't necessarily common place but I keep it to myself because I know nobody cares. It's pretty much just when you act pretentious. It annoys people.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Its fine, just dont shove it in peoples faces that youre so hip

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

.... are you doing this because you got hate for your new Apple keyboard?   :D

I think being a hipster is fine, until it gets taken too far

trike.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-09-18-at-3.50.45-PM.jpg

Seriously, like I get why people want to use things that are less common, but this is taking it too far. Modern technology has advanced exponentially in the past few years. You could buy a pretty nice bike for the what I am assuming is a large sum of money that someone paid for that penny farthing. And using a typewriter instead of a computer? I don't even know....

Buying stuff that isn't mainstream is fine, but I think its absolutely moronic to pay an absurd amount of money on something when there are cheaper, better alternatives just so you can say you're different. Yes, you stand out, but for all the wrong reasons

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

.... are you doing this because you got hate for your new Apple keyboard? :D

trike.jpg

I didn't get hate, but people were saying "don't worry, your not a hipster" like it was bad

Edit:

I did own a typewriter I found on the curb, but didn't actually use it, then it ran out of ink

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I didn't get hate, but people were saying "don't worry, your not a hipster" like it was bad

being a individual is fine, not changing with the trends is fine.

But hipsters are often frowned upon as someone who does

something different for the sole sake of being different. If 

something they like become popular they will change their

mind and run in the opposite direction. That is incredibly lame,

in the end you are manipulated by the crowd just as much,

it's just that you chose a different form of it.

the second meaning is probably what people are referring to

when they use hipster in a negative setting. 

m07QGF9.png

Because a large portion of the people that are "hipsters" are tryhards that try to make something uncool become cool.

And if called out on it they give the "You wouldn't know" response or something like that. The stereotype is real.. 
And they are the worst attentionwhores of all. "Look at me! I'm different because i wear a plad shirt!" They will try to stand out next to a goth...

Trollhättan is full of them...

There are people that aren't hipsters that like things that other people might think are wierd though. And they are alright

Also. Gul'dan was green before it was cool

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The "i wont do it be cause im different and therefore better" mentality

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

nothing wrong with being a hipster just don't be a dick like some are

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

In society there seems to be hipster hate. Why?

Hipsters are attention whores that don't ask for attention to get attention. #NoOffense Kappa

.... are you doing this because you got hate for your new Apple keyboard?   :D

trike.jpg

Seriously, like I get why people want to use things that are less common, but this is taking it too far. Modern technology has advanced exponentially in the past few years. You could buy a pretty nice bike for the what I am assuming is a large sum of money that someone paid for that penny farthing. And using a typewriter instead of a computer? I don't even know....

Buying stuff that isn't mainstream is fine, but I think its absolutely moronic to pay an absurd amount of money on something when there are cheaper, better alternatives just so you can say you're different. Yes, you stand out, but for all the wrong reasons

I love it. i know someone that made their own penny farthing lol

It probably wouldnt matter that much if hipsters didnt have such an aloof attitude towards people who arent

It's not being a hipster that's a problem, it's the effect on other people. There are plenty of things I do that could that aren't necessarily common place but I keep it to myself because I know nobody cares. It's pretty much just when you act pretentious. It annoys people.

I came here to say something similar.

I have a theory that the problem with being a hipster is the very irony that surrounds it's existence; It's become mainstream. There are too many typewriter using, hemp wearing, Starbucks drinking lunatics in the world, therefore it's null to be a hipster, maybe being a hipster is actually being normal, as it's no longer mainstream to be what used to be mainstream.

We're all hipsters in some way, we all do things differently. However, some people are just being inconvenient for the sake of being inconvenient.

Compatible with Windows 95