HD 7990

I/O

If you would like a fireplace inside your case, as well as power eating monster, SUREEE!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Too bad it isn't winter...

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR

If you would like a fireplace inside your case, as well as power eating monster, SUREEE!

there are plenty of good coolers that can tame that beast.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

480 SLI, and now 7990.

BTW Wrong Section

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

it.... is..... tho....

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

It's got an excellent ... "aftermarket inspired" triple fan cooler so heat is no issue.

480 SLI, and now 7990.

BTW Wrong Section

again, there are enough of cooling solutions to tame beasts like that.

-Jim Hensen

-double post connection glitch-

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

it.... is..... tho....

In Australia its been pretty sunny

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR

It's got an excellent ... "aftermarket inspired" triple fan cooler so heat is no issue.

I meant it puts out heat. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

lol look at all the frame time issues at the bottom of the page for the 7990...

that basically makes the game an unplayable experience.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ya, in the price range it's stupid not to get one. It beats the 980 at 4K by a good stretch and is neck and neck at 1080p.

I ordered one, but I'm assuming you came from my deal thread :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

It doesn't affect performance that much, it's just a bunch of numbers. I have never heard anyone complain unless they were using the original drivers, but a month after release it was fixed. And speaking we are far in the future, the drivers are WAY better

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Remember when AMD had bad scaling a long time ago ... Now it's better than nvidia.

It is if you live in Colorado

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

It is if you live in Colorado

Nice day here in Canada it was only a high of 0c ... a few days ago it was -40c with the wind chill.

In Australia its been pretty sunny

It's still in the winter season though, isn't it?

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

It doesn't affect performance that much, it's just a bunch of numbers. I have never heard anyone complain unless they were using the original drivers, but a month after release it was fixed. And speaking we are far in the future, the drivers are WAY better

If you have ever tried playing a game with microstuttering, it basically feels like 15fps even though your fps counter shows the normal 100 or 200 or whatever fps you should be getting.

This is because there are very small lag spikes when a frame takes too long to render that it shows up as a stutter on your display, but it is so small that the fps measuring software doesnt detect it as a fps drop.

The reason linus cant benchmark games with frame time (which he said he would love to do if possible) is because the doesn't have the expensive hardware necessary to measure frame time. He has also mentioned frame time is a much more accurate way to measure a game's performance than using fps.

Remember when AMD had bad scaling a long time ago ... Now it's better than nvidia.

This isn't about multi-GPU scaling. GPU scaling for AMD and nvidia is the same.

The problem here is the microstuttering frame-time issues with crossfire. This is why a single more powerful GPU is better than two in crossfire.

Spoiler

If you have ever tried playing a game with microstuttering, it basically feels like 15fps even though your fps counter shows the normal 100 or 200 or whatever fps you should be getting.

This is because there are very small lag spikes when a frame takes too long to render that it shows up as a stutter on your display, but it is so small that the fps measuring software doesnt detect it as a fps drop.

The reason linus cant benchmark games with frame time (which he said he would love to do if possible) is because the doesn't have the expensive hardware necessary to measure frame time. He has also mentioned frame time is a much more accurate way to measure a game's performance than using fps.

This isn't about multi-GPU scaling. GPU scaling for AMD and nvidia is the same.

The problem here is the microstuttering frame-time issues with crossfire. This is why a single more powerful GPU is better than two in crossfire.

I'm aware, but still since the drivers have updated micro stuttering has been minimal and it's smooth :)

It was fixed many drivers ago. It's better than nvidia now.

I'm aware, but still since the drivers have updated micro stuttering has been minimal and it's smooth :)

Ya specially if you are after 60fps with vsync on.

Ya specially if you are after 60fps with vsync on.

yup, and even at 4K with decent settings you will be able to accomplish that :D So, no problems here!