Asus VN248H-P Yellow/Grey problems

Go to solution Solved by boboman342,

My current settings are as follows to make the picture as good as I can make it...

Splendid: Scenery Mode (lets me edit any setting)

Color: 

Brightness 90

Contrast 90

Saturation 46

Color Temp= R89, G90, B100

Skin Tone Natural

Image:

Sharpness 50

Trace Free 40

Aspect Control Full

VividPixle 25

ASCR Off

I just got this Asus VN248H-P IPS monitor from newegg for $140! No matter what I do, what settings I change on the monitor, or in amd ccc, the yellows are too "strong", like on newegg's yellow buttons and background. It seems to just change some colors to a yellow tint...including Linus and Luke's skin on the wan show! The gray and white colors are not as pronounced as I would like as well... The grays are a little too dark and again, yellowish, while the whites are just not as bright or truly white (have a grayish tint).

Found this image that looks like the problem I am having

My monitor>0_titus1and2.jpg  <What I want

The monitor's controls and amd ccc seem limited in what I can adjust my monitor to look like. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Is there a color temperature option on the monitor? It might be set to 'warm' which gives things an 'oranger'/warmer color, while 'cool' is more of a bluer tint to things. You may be able to find a nice medium for them both but I've never used the monitor so I have no idea if that's even an option.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Is there a color temperature option on the monitor? It might be set to 'warm' which gives things an 'oranger'/warmer color, while 'cool' is more of a bluer tint to things. You may be able to find a nice medium for them both but I've never used the monitor so I have no idea if that's even an option.

Yea it has those settings, but if you select them, you cannot edit a ton of other options like individual rgb levels, skin tone, sharpness, etc. When I crank up contrast, it fixes the whites being gray and yellowish skin tones, too bad all the other colors now look like shit.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Yea it has those settings, but if you select them, you cannot edit a ton of other options like individual rgb levels, skin tone, sharpness, etc. When I crank up contrast, it fixes the whites being gray and yellowish skin tones, too bad all the other colors now look like shit.

What about turning the saturation down? 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

What about turning the saturation down? 

You can't move it, it's locked at 50 when using Standard Mode setting in the "Splendid" menu.

My current settings are as follows to make the picture as good as I can make it...

Splendid: Scenery Mode (lets me edit any setting)

Color: 

Brightness 90

Contrast 90

Saturation 46

Color Temp= R89, G90, B100

Skin Tone Natural

Image:

Sharpness 50

Trace Free 40

Aspect Control Full

VividPixle 25

ASCR Off