2 psu reviews

Evga
Go to solution Solved by quan289,

Ok I am upgrading my pc and need a psu that can handle 4 hours solid of gaming (alien isolation, evil within). It has been narrowed down to these two: 

Coolermaster vs650w: http://www.ebuyer.com/584153-coolermaster-vs-series-650w-semi-modular-80-gold-power-supply-rs650-amaag1-uk?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&gclid=CM_Ks_vcscICFQbkwgodlqoAeA

antec psu:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Antec-True-Power-750W-Supply/dp/B00HGB8X3W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417807133&sr=8-1&keywords=Antec+TruePower+Classic+750W

Which one is the best and how long will they last. Show off your rig as well with psu in 

Quality PSUs such as the two you have listed are capable of operating near its rated output continuously 24/7 and still should last its warranty period (in your case, 5 years). Since you are limited to a single GPU with the motherboard you are going to be using this PSU for, both of them are overkill and is cable of SLI your 760 in the future. 4 hours of gaming, when your system will draw around ~250w during this type of operation would be easy for it even if you get a 450w PSU.

The Antec True Power Classic 750w is a Seasonic S12G unit internally (non-modular Seasonic G). It's a solid unit;however, you was complaining about the time to install...Well, seeing how you will have quite a bit of excess cables of a 750w PSU (cable management), you are better off in getting the VSM from Cooler Master. They are comparable units.

Ok I am upgrading my pc and need a psu that can handle 4 hours solid of gaming (alien isolation, evil within). It has been narrowed down to these two: 

Coolermaster vs650w: http://www.ebuyer.com/584153-coolermaster-vs-series-650w-semi-modular-80-gold-power-supply-rs650-amaag1-uk?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&gclid=CM_Ks_vcscICFQbkwgodlqoAeA

antec psu:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Antec-True-Power-750W-Supply/dp/B00HGB8X3W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417807133&sr=8-1&keywords=Antec+TruePower+Classic+750W

Which one is the best and how long will they last. Show off your rig as well with psu in 

Cpu: i7 4790k @ 4ghz, Motherboard: z97 asus deluxe, Memory: 8gb Kingston hyperx blue, Graphics card: Evga gtx 750ti ftw, Storage: 1TB WD BLUE mass storage, Crucial 120gb ssd (boot drive win 8.1), PSUCorsair cx750w fully wired, Displays: ben Q  2 ms gtg  , Cpu coolerBe quiet! shadow-rock slim, Peripherals: Ducky shine 3, Corsair m65 gaming mouse, SoundHyper x cloud Headphones, OS: Windows 8.1

Get an EVGA supernova NEX

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I would go with the CM VS650. Another recommendation would be the EVGA 750 G2.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

the EVGA power supplies are a good option

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

*Cough* Seasonic master race *cough*.

On a more serious note, I'd just get the one that makes you more happy, they are both more than fine.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Get an EVGA supernova NEX

That's a crappy PSU >.> The Cooler Master VS series are miles better.

*Cough* Seasonic master race *cough*.

The Antec the OP listed is a Seasonic.

Quality PSUs such as the two you have listed are capable of operating near its rated output continuously 24/7 and still should last its warranty period (in your case, 5 years). Since you are limited to a single GPU with the motherboard you are going to be using this PSU for, both of them are overkill and is cable of SLI your 760 in the future. 4 hours of gaming, when your system will draw around ~250w during this type of operation would be easy for it even if you get a 450w PSU.

The Antec True Power Classic 750w is a Seasonic S12G unit internally (non-modular Seasonic G). It's a solid unit;however, you was complaining about the time to install...Well, seeing how you will have quite a bit of excess cables of a 750w PSU (cable management), you are better off in getting the VSM from Cooler Master. They are comparable units.

Corsair AX760i, there's nothing better than the 3 corsair I PSUs IMO. The benchmark tests are silly as proven by 80+ having to create a new platinum award for the AX1500i.

Go digital or go home :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Ok thanks I will go with the cooler master

Cpu: i7 4790k @ 4ghz, Motherboard: z97 asus deluxe, Memory: 8gb Kingston hyperx blue, Graphics card: Evga gtx 750ti ftw, Storage: 1TB WD BLUE mass storage, Crucial 120gb ssd (boot drive win 8.1), PSUCorsair cx750w fully wired, Displays: ben Q  2 ms gtg  , Cpu coolerBe quiet! shadow-rock slim, Peripherals: Ducky shine 3, Corsair m65 gaming mouse, SoundHyper x cloud Headphones, OS: Windows 8.1