All ROMs for Nintendo consoles have been removed from Coolrom due to copyright.

So in a nutshell Nintendo has removed all Nintendo licensed roms from Coolrom.com due to copyright.

Found this out just today and after some research i found some information on the Nintendo website and on Reddit:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#roms

http://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/2o3bdv/all_roms_for_nintendo_consoles_have_been_removed/

This is of Nintendo's recent patent on emulation and them reclaiming their roms.

I personally think this wasn't necessary since some people have legitimately bought a game and stated on the Nintendo website it's not a second copy of the game so it is legal if you have bought the game in the first place.

On Coolroms Facebook a lot of people are confused and Coolrom hasn't said anything about it yet. (https://www.facebook.com/coolrom)

So do you guys think Nintendo will take down more rom sites? Please let me hear your opinion down below.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go cry in a corner now...:'(

So basically.. Nintendo's 'collective' torrents just got a fuckload more peers.

156721162910bbde1baf3cdaed7f05aa9f47bfb3

Said Everyone EVER!!!!!

/Did they do this before or after DEV of the year awards?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Getting ROMs are illegal. Sorry but that is the law.

Emulators are perfectly legal however. That is why console that plays other older console, sold legally, don't have the games inside. They ask you to insert the game cartridge which the ROM is loaded on the system and then played by the emulator (or read directly from the cartridge/disk).

So basically.. Nintendo's 'collective' torrents just got a fuckload more peers.

Said Everyone EVER!!!!!

/Did they do this before or after DEV of the year awards?

Before. And they already did it ages ago. Every now and then Nintendo does a "clean up", a required step to keep its trademarks and protect its IPs from going public, and loose all control. It also is important for a company to take this, as else if Nintendo is showed in court that it "encourages" pirating of games by not doing anything, then they lose the case.

That's a shame, but it's not like Nintendo was losing money over somebody playing an NES or GBA game.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Goddamnit nintendo. WAKE UP AN REALIZE THAT WE PC GAMERS MISS YOU, PLEASE.

If they started making games for PC, that looked as good as possible, Xbone and PS4 would probably die overnight.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Was on coolrom just yesterday and saw that no nintendo roms were on.....didn't even need to read articles to figure out what happened, nintento has been a bit anal about their copyrights recently.

Btw, not every rom site give any fuck about nintendo shenanigans.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Btw, not every rom site give any fuck about nintendo shenanigans.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

That's a shame, but it's not like Nintendo was losing money over somebody playing an NES or GBA game.

They do with the virtual console but no one plays thats anyway.

I hope this article shows in the Wanshow next week.

Emulators are perfectly legal however. That is why console that plays other older console, sold legally, don't have the games inside. They ask you to insert the game cartridge which the ROM is loaded on the system and then played by the emulator (or read directly from the cartridge/disk).

Roms are not illegal as long as you own the game.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I wonder why nobody ever thought that maybe CoolRom took the ROMs down as respect for Nintendo when the emulator news hit, like how manga translators remove their translations when official releases are made in that language.  It's respect for those who made the product.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

What about the BIOS?  Is it not legal copyright of Nintendo like with Sony?