Greetings. (would I be dancing the overclock steps with my choices?)

First of all....

....hello, nice too meet you all. I am actually a 3D artist I use programs like Zbrush  Maya  Ps  Ae  En  Pr  Lr  FL Studios  Sg  Mu and also I game as usual. I have in my hands now an Asus G750J Republic of Gaming in which I have not complains whatsoever, but, is time to move on and I will like to do a full upgrade to my experience as a 3D artist and a gamer. I have some of my picks in which I am not really to worried about the money at this stage, due to the fact that I am saving to make a pure lifetime change, that could last me for ages or I should write it like "ages" if that is possible :)

Anyways here are my picks....

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME 

http://www.amazon.com/RAMPAGE-EXTREME-Extended-Motherboard-2011-V3/dp/B00N1QKUQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417729391&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+x99+rampage+v+extreme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU (I don't know if this will be a good option)

Core i7-5930K

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-5930K-Haswell-E-Processor-BX80648I75930K/dp/B00MMLXMM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417797855&sr=8-1&keywords=Core+i7-5930K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEMORY (If there is a better option, thanks)

Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-HyperX-FURY-2x8GB-1600MHz/dp/B00J8E8XT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417757745&sr=8-1&keywords=Hyperx+fury+black16gbCorsair

Corsair Vengeance 16GB

POWER SUPPLY ( I'm struggling to decide which of this options will be right)

Corsair HX Professional

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Professional-750-Watt-Certified-Compatible/dp/B0029F21LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417796766&sr=8-1&keywords=Corsair+HX+Professional 

80Plus Platinum PSU ATX 1000

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Platinum-Certified-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417796787&sr=8-1&keywords=80Plus+Platinum+PSU+ATX+1000

Master V850

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-V850-Modular-CrossFire/dp/B00CGY4EUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417796811&sr=8-1&keywords=Master+V850

Corsair  CS450M

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Modular-Efficient-Supply/dp/B00GH9NBP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417808955&sr=8-1&keywords=Corsair++CS450M

Cooler Master Nepton 280L

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Nepton-280L-All-In-One/dp/B00HEYRS5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417796854&sr=8-1&keywords=Cooler+Master+Nepton+280L

CPU COOLER (If there is a better option, thanks) 

Cooler Master Nepton 280L

STORAGE (I know this options is depending what I want or how much I am willing to buy / use, but still I need to know if this will be a smart choice or it will help at all)

Intel 730 SERIES 2.5-Inch 480 GB Internal

STOCK FANS  (I have seen that these fans have a very nice reviews all over it)

Cooler Master SickleFlow 120

CASE (I looked at this beautiful cases,I don't know if will matter the size of what I am trying to choose between the options I picked)

Corsair 350D

Corsair 450D

VIDEO CARD (Ah! this are my choices, I have never feel so brain damage in finding the "perfect" or suitable for me) (If any of these two are good or Is there a better?)

ASUS GTX770

Asus GTX980-4GD5

I want to thank you for helping me and showing me the way to a better understanding to this choices. I am really looking forward a excellent PC that at least can give me a good experience in my work flow and the full gaming experience as well. 

P.s. Cheers :)

[___]------I am to connected to be disconnected------(:::

CPU is great, Motherboard is good, go with EVGA everyone will down the other choices most likely, case is more personal preference unless your buying a large card. Fans look good as well, SSD looks a tad small unless ur getting a mass storage HDD (i dont have unlimited wifi so i cant delete and download with ease so i like big drives. Both video cards are good 980 is better. With that build custom loop watercooling would be best unless your not willing to get into that

So, lets get down the list.

Motherboard: If it has everything you need, fine by me! Motherboards are most of the time personal choise, depends on what you need from it.

CPU: If you are going to whack a bunch of pci-e stuff in there. It's fine. If you aren't going to do that, the 5820k will be enough and a lot cheaper. You can OC it anyway if u want.

Memory: Also personal choise, speed doesn't matter in your case. I would take the corsair ones, I hate kingston, but that's just pure personally. If you want ram that looks different, post it, it's probably fine.

PSU: depends on what you are going to whack in it. If you are going to get 1 graphics card and you are sure you won't add a second one. 500w is fine. If you want to be on the safe side, get a 700-800w psu (recommend to take that).

CPU cooler: Fine, just take it.

Storage: Intel ssd is more enterprise stuff. If you don't need that, just get a crucial MX100 or something like that, capacity is your choise of course. You can always add hdd's if you need it.

Extra fans: if you need one, take them, they are all fine, completely personal choise imho.

Case: also, personal. I would take the 450D for the simple reason: it's bigger. But, as i said, personal. Both are fine.

Video card: If budget doesn't really matter, get the  980, i would take one with a custom cooler btw. EVGA, asus or msi ones are quite good, there are other ones out there, if you prefer one, let is know.

Oh yea, if you are planning to get a custom watercooling loop, get the refference graphics card then. But if you are planning to stick to aircooling, custom cooler is the way to go tbh.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Thank you both. And yes I am thinking on placing 2 video cards in it, so I guess the Cooler EVGA Supernova 850 will be the smart choice then :)

So I will go like this:

CPU

Intel Core i7-5820K

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME 

MEMORY 

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

CPU COOLER MASTER

Master Nepton 280L

POWER SUPPLY

Master V850

STORAGE

crucial MX100<-----------------------------------------I think I will choose substitute this with a  hdd's instead. 

FANS

Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition

CASE

Corsair 450D<--------------------------------------------I loved it too when I saw it. 

VIDEO CARD

ASUS GTX980-4GD5

P.s. Appreciated.

I would take the EVGA psu, i have a bit more trust in that one. For the rest it all looks good! 

1 little thing i'm wondering. You still have the reference card for the 980, are you planning to go custom WC? 

If there is anything else you find, and are not sure if it's good or not. Just ask ^^ 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I would go for two 970's in SLI over one 980

The GTX 970 is only ~10-5% slower then the GTX980.

You got 40pci-e lanes on that core, USE EM!

Custom WC is custom watercooling, custom loop.

And yes that's the psu, it's a very good one. 

And the 5820k has "only" 28 pci-e lanes. Still plenty tho.

About SLI. Well i would get a 980 now, and if the future get a second one if needed. With 970 SLI. There's not really a way to "upgrade" exept replacing both.

Thank you all very much. :)

So basically using two 980 SLI, this psu EVGA will allow me to run it without a problem even if I add one more or two more on it?.(I know that would be like excessive) But I guess then I will be overclocking right?

P.s. I still get your point of view here, thanks in advance or once again :D

The whole thing again will be this instead....

CPU

Intel Core i7-5820K

MOTHERBOARD
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME 

MEMORY 
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

POWER SUPPLY
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2

CPU COOLER MASTER
Master Nepton 280L

STORAGE 
crucial MX100 (optional)

FANS
Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition

CASE
Corsair 450D

VIDEO CARD 
EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Well...something you MUST change. RAM / memory.

X99 uses DDR4 memory NOT DDR3. You've got DDr3 RAM in your selection. They will not physically work with the motherboard.

It doesn't look like Amazon.com is carrying DDR4 RAM yet (unless I couldn't find any), so you may need to look elsewhere (i.e. Newegg, Fry's, MicroCenter, etc).

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

You need DDR4 RAM for the X99 platform and that Rampage V Extreme is too big and won't fit in the 350D. The 350D is only a M-ATX case. If you wan to go with that you need a Micro-ATX board. As I pesonally am trying to build an X99 system in my 350D I will be going with a Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 board, I would recommend it if you decide going that route. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Well...something you MUST change. RAM / memory.

X99 uses DDR4 memory NOT DDR3. You've got DDr3 RAM in your selection. They will not physically work with the motherboard.

It doesn't look like Amazon.com is carrying DDR4 RAM yet (unless I couldn't find any), so you may need to look elsewhere (i.e. Newegg, Fry's, MicroCenter, etc).

Would this work? 

DDR4 RAM

You need DDR4 RAM for the X99 platform and that Rampage V Extreme is too big and won't fit in the 350D. The 350D is only a M-ATX case. If you wan to go with that you need a Micro-ATX board. As I pesonally am trying to build an X99 system in my 350D I will be going with a Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 board, I would recommend it if you decide going that route. 

I see what you mean, But what I am choosing at the end was the 450D but maybe I will be going with the 750D because looks like it will have better space.

Would this work? 

DDR4 RAM

I see what you mean, I have seen it though. But I guess it will fit in a obligatory way? 

Nope, it's simply longer than the case itself. You cannot physically put it inside. What you have seen probably is either the last gen Rampage IV Gene in a 350D, which looks alike or the Rampage V Extreme in a 750D, which is the big brother of the 350D.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Nope, it's simply longer than the case itself. You cannot physically put it inside. What you have seen probably is either the last gen Rampage IV Gene in a 350D, which looks alike or the Rampage V Extreme in a 750D, which is the big brother of the 350D.  

Oh I see... so, which case will go with this V motherboard then?...  the 750D looks the "perfect" size right?

Oh I see... so, which case will go with this V motherboard then?...  the 750D looks the "perfect" size right?

Yes, the 750D will be perfect and it is has all of the features of the 350D, but more of them, since it is just bigger :)

Good to know thanks. 

:)

Nice rig!! 

I'd suggest looking into EVGA PSU's.  They make great GPU's. Now they're venturing into PSU's and they stand behind their product with a ten year warranty.  Also, the price point is perfect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%2050001402&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=30

Fx-6300 @4.4Ghz  -  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  -  Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 @1100/1325mhz  -  16Gb of GSkill Sniper Series Ram @1866mhz  -  EVGA SuperNova G2 750w Psu

us pcpartpicker

That motherboard is a huge waste of money unless you need the features. Go with a Asus X99-A or gigabyte UD4. 

for GPU go with a non super clocked card and manually OC it. 

for ram that crucial ballistix ram will work. 

for psu I like evga supernova g2 or higher models. 

us pcpartpicker

That motherboard is a huge waste of money unless you need the features. Go with a Asus X99-A or gigabyte UD4. 

for GPU go with a non super clocked card and manually OC it. 

for ram that crucial ballistix ram will work. 

for psu I like evga supernova g2 or higher models. 

I see... That G2 will allow me to add another card if I feel the need to?

Thank.

Nice rig!! 

I'd suggest looking into EVGA PSU's.  They make great GPU's. Now they're venturing into PSU's and they stand behind their product with a ten year warranty.  Also, the price point is perfect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%2050001402&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=30

:) Thank you. I choose 850 but I see the 750 can help me with my rig as well right? Despite the model numbers?

:) Thank you. I choose 850 but I see the 750 can help me with my rig as well right? Despite the model numbers?

I think 750 is the sweet spot in terms of wattage for most people.  It allows for expansion while not being overkill.  With your setup and assuming that you're not going to get multiple gfx cards and sli them or set up vast raid arrays I think you'd be fine with a 750w PSU.

Fx-6300 @4.4Ghz  -  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  -  Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 @1100/1325mhz  -  16Gb of GSkill Sniper Series Ram @1866mhz  -  EVGA SuperNova G2 750w Psu

Would this work? 

DDR4 RAM

I see what you mean, But what I am choosing at the end was the 450D but maybe I will be going with the 750D because looks like it will have better space.

Yes, those DDR4 RAM will work, but are you willing to go with 4 sticks versus 2?

With the kit you chose, you will need to use the RAM slots on BOTH sides of the CPU rather than on side with a 8GB X 2 kit.

I'm unsure if it will cause any obstruction with the tubing on the Nepton 280L by having RAM sticks on both sides of the CPU. Somebody here may verify that for you.

In the end, it's totally all up to you.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

What is your budget? Or can we assume it is so much that we don't need to know?

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

What is your budget? Or can we assume it is so much that we don't need to know?

For the moment the budget I am saving is not close to the amount of money I will spend in a good computer with the "best" product. But I want to aim high because I want to have a solid computer that can last me a longer life with a good set up. 

Yes, those DDR4 RAM will work, but are you willing to go with 4 sticks versus 2?

With the kit you chose, you will need to use the RAM slots on BOTH sides of the CPU rather than on side with a 8GB X 2 kit.

I'm unsure if it will cause any obstruction with the tubing on the Nepton 280L by having RAM sticks on both sides of the CPU. Somebody here may verify that for you.

In the end, it's totally all up to you.

Whoa wait a minute, that is why I need help here....

Okay then what would you recommend me? Because I am not thinking in making this computer to have any "tubing"  or the so call "water cooling" I am not aiming to have that sort of PC. If that will be the case I am discarding this option of the  "Nepton 28L" haha I don't want to convert my PC into water cooler. That is not my aim, that will cost more that my budget plan. 

For the moment the budget I am saving is not close to the amount of money I will spend in a good computer with the "best" product. But I want to aim high because I want to have a solid computer that can last me a longer life with a good set up. 

If you haven't even saved up half of what this rig potentially costs, by the time you are ready to purchase, the market will be different and good choices now might not be the best choices later on.