iphone optics suck

I/O

Oh man the T2i was so great and still is. Put on a pro lens and there you go a pro solution on the cheap.

No we are comparing Phone cam to Phone cam iphone to Nokia.

Not as shit as ... "iphone optics"

indeed, I bought it mostly for videos, but even with a 50mm fixed lens at 1.8. god. so good.

Can iphone do this ?

Untitled_zpsd03eab59.jpg

The Megapixel Myth

When it comes to taking digital photos, it’s the quality of the lens and the sensor that count, not just the number of pixels. A high resolution sensor with a low quality lens can only capture low quality pictures in high resolution. Also the image quality does not only depend on the number of sensor pixels but also on the quality of each pixel displayed. The displayed pixel size changes according to the physical size and properties of the display device.

What the hell are you even arguing about? No one says that megapixles are all the equation when i comes to good photos....

They sure as hell play a pig part though.

indeed, I bought it mostly for videos, but even with a 50mm fixed lens at 1.8. god. so good.

One of my favorite cameras were the T2i ... such an amazing value. To bad it could only do about 15min 1080P video recording ... "like a boss i might add" before overheating.

Here's a picture I took with my iPhone 5s while on vacation: 

FBLTb2u.jpg

/looking for the comparable one that I took with my D7000. But in the meantime, an iPhone still takes a pretty good picture all things considering. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No one says that megapixles are all the equation when i comes to good photos....

They sure as hell play a pig part though.

A crappy lens is a crappy lens. Megapixels will not compensate for a crappy lens.

Here's a picture I took with my iPhone 5s while on vacation: 

Photoshop does not count RAW image please

Photoshop does not count RAW image please

iPhone doesn't shoot RAW, and I don't edit any of my pictures, thats the default compression the iPhone 5s uses. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

One of my favorite cameras were the T2i ... such an amazing value. To bad it could only do about 15min 1080P video recording ... "like a boss i might add" before overheating.

it actually is limited to 12 mins. you cant record more. but with magic lantern its not bad. and the problem used to be the SD's i believe. had crazy problems trying to record with UHS-c cards, even in the cold.

iPhone doesn't shoot RAW, and I don't edit any of my pictures, thats the default compression the iPhone 5s uses. 

iphone uses trix to make them look better. It;s still a BS fake.

iphone uses trix to make them look better. It;s still a BS fake.

lol, so let me get this straight....the picture thats given off by the iPhone by DEFAULT is fake?...is that not the picture everyone who takes a picture with an iPhone will see? 

Am I missing something here.... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

lol, so let me get this straight....the picture thats given off by the iPhone by DEFAULT is fake?...is that not the picture everyone who takes a picture with an iPhone will see? 

Am I missing something here.... 

It;s not an native iphone image it's a fake.

A crappy lens is a crappy lens. Megapixels will not compensate for a crappy lens.

Actually depending on how bad the lens is it can. Also you compared a camera phone to a regular camera which will obviously have better specs all around making it a better camera all around regardless of how many mp it has. Looping back to the original post which you kindly disregarded the nokia lumia has a 42 mp camera which most certainly plays a part in the heightened pic quality the op is experiencing. Saying that a greater number of mp in a camera has nothing or little to do with pic quality is as ignorant as saying that a pictures quality solely depends on it.

Actually depending on how bad the lens is it can.

More crap = more crap.

If iphone had the best optics National Geographic would use it.

It;s not an native iphone image it's a fake.

Okay, don't believe me, but I pulled this straight off my iPhone -- it's 100% genuine.

What do I have to gain by lying about its authenticity?

If iphone had the best optics National Geographic would use it.

No, they would since an SLR still wrecks an iPhone, and ANY mobile camera.

A photo from my D7000, I'd really love to see any mobile camera that can compete with this as it would make life so much easier -- being able to replace my SLR and my three lenses with my iPhone.

1Nbo5F5.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Okay, don't believe me, but I pulled this straight off my iPhone -- it's 100% genuine.

What do I have to gain by lying about its authenticity?

If it were true National Geographic would use the shotty iphone optics ... instead they use Lumia Nokia optics by Carl Zeiss ... cause they are better. Taking a phot with you D7000 and saying it's from an iphone is disingenuous to say the leased ... face palm doubled.

If it were true National Geographic would use the shotty iphone optics ... instead they use Lumia Nokia optics by Carl Zeiss ... cause they are better.

No....they use Hasselblad, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Lumia, and Sony. Why? Becuase they use DSLRs since mobile cameras simply can't compete. The sensor is a fraction of the size, and the lens is miniscule, not to mention you're limited to a fixed focal length -- which is impossible to work with.

Please find me a single National geopgraphic photographer who uses a mobile camera for there pictures.

The only time they MAY use something that isn't an SLR or a mirrorless camera is if they're trying to get more natural poses, in which case they'd want to use something more discrete -- like a mobile camera, but even then they would still probably use a point and shoot.

As far as I know there is only one National Geographics photographer who has used a mobile camera for an extended period of time: http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/national-geographic-photographer-stephen-alvarez-qa/

I think I’ll go back to my old gear. There’s awful lot that goes into a [DSLR that are] purposely designed for the camera. (Smartphones are) certainly not going to replace that for professionals, at least not anytime soon. Having a good lens choice, having the ability to set flashes…are just a couple to name right off the top.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If it were true National Geographic would use the shotty iphone optics ... instead they use Lumia Nokia optics by Carl Zeiss ... cause they are better. Taking a phot with you D7000 and saying it's from an iphone is disingenuous to say the leased ... face palm doubled.

The first picture was from my iPhone, the second one was from my D7000. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

-snip-

You are trying to fight ... I am not. please calm down  LOL lighten up bro !

You are trying to fight ... I am not. please calm down  LOL lighten up bro !

and slandering someone isn't trying to start a fight, okay. 

Seriously, just because someone disagrees with you (and includes evidence disagreeing with you) doesn't mean the evidence is fake and that they're wrong. 

Slander really shouldn't be taken lightly as it can easily destroy livelihoods (if I made a living off a photography...which I don't, but still).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

and slandering someone isn't trying to start a fight, okay. 

Seriously, just because someone disagrees with you (and includes evidence disagreeing with you) doesn't mean the evidence is fake and that they're wrong. 

Slander really shouldn't be taken lightly. 

I did not bash anyone. You posted DSLR photos or other photos that did not come from an iphone like you claim. ... That = trolling. You bashed me and troll posted numorius times. Time for you to to take a break I would say within reason of logic.

I did not bash anyone. You posted DSLR photos or other photos that did not come from an iphone like you claim. ... That = trolling. You bashed me and troll posted numorius times. Time for you to to take a break I would say within reason of logic.

You have still yet to prove that the first photo did not come from my iPhone, which it did....again, what do I have to gain by lying about the source of the first photo? Not to mention there is a distinct difference in quality between the first and second photo.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

You have still yet to prove that the first photo did not come from my iPhone, which it did

We know that both images came from facebook ... hardly an indicative and definitive source.

We know that both images came from facebook ... hardly an indicative and definitive source.

No, the first one came from my iPhone's cameral roll, and the second came from my hard drive containing all my DSLR photos. 

You know what, I'm done; enjoy your infallible knowledge as we all have come to realize you're never wrong. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

No, the first one came from my iPhone's cameral roll, and the second came from my hard drive containing all my DSLR photos. 

You know what, I'm done; enjoy your infallible knowledge as we all have come to realize you're never wrong. 

They both came from face book.