iphone optics suck

I/O

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

-snip-

Canon T2i has 18 Mega pixels and Nokia Lumia has 41 .... Which is better ?

hahahahahha soo good. I had both on top of that

Youre comparing a DSLR to a phone camera....

-snip-

Smart enough to understand that mega pixles are not the be all an end all. Canon T2i is much better than Nokia Lumia 1020 but hey what do I know right fuck me.

hahahahahha soo good. I had both on top of that

Oh man the T2i was so great and still is. Put on a pro lens and there you go a pro solution on the cheap.

-snip-

No we are comparing Phone cam to Phone cam iphone to Nokia.

-snip-

Not as shit as ... "iphone optics"

No we are comparing Phone cam to Phone cam iphone to Nokia.

YOU WERE JUST COMPARING A CANON T2 TO A LUMIA. HOW IS THAT NOT APPLES TO ORANGES????

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

-snip-

So Canon T2i is no good ? I think you are misinformed.

YOU WERE JUST COMPARING A CANON T2 TO A LUMIA. HOW IS THAT NOT APPLES TO ORANGES????

Making a comparison to the point that MEGAPIXELS don't matter.

If you're going to compare two cameras at least use a source which is smart enough to get the exact same picture...the iPhone picture is more zoomed in (yes, I understand how focal lengths work) negating any real comparisons. Not to mention the person who took the picture is a moron if thats what he came up with since its not even in focus. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If you're going to compare two cameras at least use a source which is smart enough to get the exact same picture...the iPhone picture is more zoomed in (yes, I understand how focal lengths work) negating any real comparisons. Not to mention the person who took the picture is a moron if thats what he came up with since its not even in focus. 

The iphone is not zoomed.

The iphone is not zoomed.

wow...okay...let me rephrase...

The focal lengths of the two lenses are not the same. Therefore the iphone and nokia should NOT be in the same spot when the picture is taken as you want the same exact image in the frame when you're comparing image quality. 

and....

http://blog.laptopmag.com/iphone-5s-vs-lumia-1020-camera

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Stop trolling. this is not personal it's about how overrated and shitty iphone optics are.

I take your one picture and up you 11 showing the iphone is better 70% of the time:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/iphone-5s-vs-lumia-1020-camera

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

-snip-

So in that picture, the Nokia looks like it's oversaturating the blues while the iphone is slightly more out of focus due to the shooter being stupid (and not having optical stabilization, which can be beneficial if the shooter doesn't have very steady hands).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

WP_20141204_003.jpg

WP_20141204_004.jpg

Both of the above photos where taken with the same camera and same settings(lumia920). Its not all about the camera, its about the person behind the camera actually knowing what they are doing. The op's post is not a valid comparison in the slightest.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I guess that's why they use iphone for notional Geographic photography right ?

No, they use real cameras since ALL mobile cameras are crap. 

The two most important things in photography tech -- the lens (by far the most important) and the sensor. Both of which are magnitudes larger on a real camera (even a point and shoot). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Can iphone do this ?

Untitled_zpsd03eab59.jpg

The Megapixel Myth

When it comes to taking digital photos, it’s the quality of the lens and the sensor that count, not just the number of pixels. A high resolution sensor with a low quality lens can only capture low quality pictures in high resolution. Also the image quality does not only depend on the number of sensor pixels but also on the quality of each pixel displayed. The displayed pixel size changes according to the physical size and properties of the display device.