High temps on reference gtx 670, plz help

So currently my reference Palit gtx 670 runs at about 72 degrees Celsius when the fan is at 30% while web browsing with completely stock values, in the past it was getting about 47 degrees Celsius on about 7% fan speed while web browsing and also having a mild overclock enabled. Because of my current higher temperatures my computer thermal throttles and gets an occasional artefacts when the GPU was under stress.

So would any of you know what could be the potential problem and any potential solutions?

I was thinking putting a new cooler (say the kraken g10) onto the card to reduce the temps as a solution.

Any answers what-so-ever that could possibly help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Well I'm going to try replace the thermal paste and hopefully that will work, any recommendations on thermal paste?

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

Try taking the cooler apart, and cleaning it :)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

options :

-RMA if still under warranty 

-Driver update 

-new cooler 

-Ramp up the fan 

-get a new one :P

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

You may want to check that the thermal paste is doing its job.  Or it could be clogged with some dust.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

What is the gpu load? might be a miner of some sorts running in the background. Another possibility is that your thermal paste is gone bad.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Well thanks for the answers, I can't RMA so I think I'll try out replacing the thermal paste.

Any recommendations on which specific paste I should get?

Thanks

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!