Help! My Teamspeak 3 Server was Hijacked!

timdenby

Ok so Voip was proving to be a rubbish experience for me on BF4 so I doubled down and got a 10slot TS3 server from Wombat Servers (based in AUS) but I am a bit of a server newbie and have no idea how permissions work and seem to have lost the erver to 5 people including one who seems to have given himself server rights to his own channel and I have no idea how to get rid of them all. I have tried to reset permissions by getting a new privilege key but everytime it comes back and says that the key is invalid. I have also looked online for any solutions but haven't found anything useful.

Any and all successful help would be greatly appreciated,

Tim

post-18950-0-50604300-1417180965.jpg

This is what you get for not passwording your server. A bunch of pikeys have started squatting in there.

In all seriousness though, log in through the admin control panel on the host's website. Turn the server off for a couple hours. Try starting it up again later in the day, and get in the server as fast as you can, generate a new key, give yourself admin then remove every other bugger with admin privileges off the server. After that, slap on a password.

This could have been avoided if you put a simple password on you server, but you overlooked it, and at least now know not to leave it open again.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

sorry but i find this a bit funny try putting a password on the server

This is what you get for not passwording your server. A bunch of pikeys have started squatting in there.

In all seriousness though, log in through the admin control panel on the host's website. Turn the server off for a couple hours. Try starting it up again later in the day, and get in the server as fast as you can, generate a new key, give yourself admin then remove every other bugger with admin privileges off the server. After that, slap on a password.

This could have been avoided if you put a simple password on you server, but you overlooked it, and at least now know not to leave it open again.

I understand your humor but you should know that I have no experience with teamspeak or private servers so try to be understanding. Thank you for the advice I will turn off the servers for now and see if it clears up. I will post updates here.

He doesn't have any real permissions.

Basically stock TS permissions allow anybody to create channels, all he has is channel admin meaning he can move people out of his channel, he cannot do any server admin commands.

Edit the permissions so users cannot create new channels without admin rights the delete his channel and finally move him into the lobby and abuse him till he leaves.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I don't even know why people use teamspeak when there's raidcall. Can someone give me an insight of this?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Balls of Steel.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I don't even know why people use teamspeak when there's raidcall. Can someone give me an insight of this?

Agreed, raidcall is free to host a server but no one seems to use it, I find it much better than TS because of that.

If you have further problems with server, contact hosting company and ask for complete reset on service. I've had to give that threatment to few servers after patch updates broke them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv