How strict are your parents with free time?

asim1999

The big problem is I live with my parents, and I'm struggling to get my degree to live independently afterward. 

good luck.

Acually been to Agadir, Morocco for my summer holiday. Was a blast, loved it!

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

good luck.

Acually been to Agadir, Morocco for my summer holiday. Was a blast, loved it!

I'm glad you had an amusing holiday, but I'm thinking of moving out of the country after obtaining my degree for sure!  :)

I'm glad you had an amusing holiday, but I'm thinking of moving out of the country after obtaining my degree for sure!  :)

Well there are more opportunities in more developed countries. but wont u miss the weather, the argan oil and fresh almonds and olives?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

time machine to 6 years ago

my mom (didn't live my dad)  did not care if i didn't do homework as long as i passed the class with a B

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Well there are more opportunities in more developed countries. but wont u miss the weather, the argan oil and fresh almonds and olives?

I will surely miss the olive oil especially, but you know I'm still thinking about it.

I will surely miss the olive oil especially, but you know I'm still thinking about it.

yeah, hope u find somewhere good. Any idea where u want to go?

yeah, hope u find somewhere good. Any idea where u want to go?

It would be France firstly because my brother lives there. After suiting myself well, I'd probably settle down in Finland or the UK.

As a kid my parents limited me to 1 or 2 hours a day as I got more and more into gaming...

I am thankful for that, just like I couldn't play shooters as a kid - it taught me what is morally right I guess.

Now I get to do whatever I want, I usually help my dad out with stuff so it's all good.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I see a lot of strictness about grades and chore and whatnot. I guess this is the higher achieving crowd, and that stuff usually starts at the parents. My parents pushed me that way when I was really young, but when I was older I did pretty decent for myself on my own accord. 

A lot of people I knew just gamed all day or stuff like that. I knew a redneck crowd, and well I was one of them. Not many people knew I was really into tech stuff and already had some certifications in high school. 

I guess I just didn't really know anybody with strict parents. Most of the people I knew (including myself) were mostly poor, and hate to say it, that crowd tends to...push their kids for success less. Most I know didn't go to college. 

I can't say the reason I'm different is much parenting, I just was the odd one out that really like computers and had always enjoyed reading and learning. Most people I knew in school were always surprised to find out I even knew how to use a  computer. I didn't really have a ....geeky...upbringing and I didn't look the part of a guy that had any drive, let alone had a brain. 

What I'm saying is the pattern seems to be that those that are into computers (generally a smarter and well achieving crowd) were raised to be well educated, and I think it proves that parenting has a lot to do with someones success and what they are into. I'm not saying console gamers are not well raised...but maybe I am. 

Not many people get into computers by chance like I did. 

Honestly I was raised pretty roughly for half of my school years (still only 16). Went from a $250k a year family to $100k a year family to $20k and we're now back up to $80k, finally starting to really get back on track.

I've learned just about everything I know from the Internet and nobody has really pushed me to succeed other than my Dad. 

Some people game, some people do drugs, but I like to learn to get my 'fix'. When I first discovered photography (a few months ago), I spent probably 14 hours a day for a few weeks researching and learning how cameras work, if that tells you anything. 

I also grew up with a bunch of rednecks and they don't know the first thing about computers.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

My parents are really chill about everything until it hits about 11pm. Then all hell breaks loose to get me off my PC and into bed. Although I wish my parents were a little harsher on me so I stop procrastinating so much and spend more time being productive than browse the forum and watch YouTube.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Growing up my parents were never strict about free time. As long as I wasn't breaking rules I could do anything I wanted to.