Last day build suggestions for friend

gundershot

I'm planning a gaming rig for my friend, he'll be buying his parts tomorrow, here's the current list:

Intel Core i7-4790
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
2x Gigabyte G1 GTX 980
G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz 2x8GB
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
Western Digital Green 4TB
Samsung 24X DVD-RW SATA Box
ASUS PCE-N15
Corsair RM 850W
NZXT Phantom 530 White

The most important thing we'd urgently like to know is if there are any incompatibilities between the parts. If you feel there are any other suggestions, feel free to make them, keep in mind the total budget is $5k Singapore dollars. More details on the parts here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14APbXSTzchIvbGqlBC2q6UQbvT4ERRL71pbwxGOz55k/edit

Thanks!

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

It looks good, although what are his uses? If he wants a gaming build, I would get an i5-4690K with a decent cooler and overclock. i7 Doesn't do much extra for gaming :/

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I'm planning a gaming rig for my friend, he'll be buying his parts tomorrow, here's the current list:

Intel Core i7-4790
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
2x Gigabyte G1 GTX 980
G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz 2x8GB
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
Western Digital Green 4TB
Samsung 24X DVD-RW SATA Box
ASUS PCE-N15
Corsair RM 850W
NZXT Phantom 530 White

The most important thing we'd urgently like to know is if there are any incompatibilities between the parts. If you feel there are any other suggestions, feel free to make them, keep in mind the total budget is $5k Singapore dollars. More details on the parts here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14APbXSTzchIvbGqlBC2q6UQbvT4ERRL71pbwxGOz55k/edit

Thanks!

Switch the PSU to an AX760 and get a 4790k.

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha

It looks good, although what are his uses? If he wants a gaming build, I would get an i5-4690K with a decent cooler and overclock. i7 Doesn't do much extra for gaming :/

i5s are lacking with new titles due to only 4 threads.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

If you're going to be spending all that money on a z97 board and 2-way SLI 980s, you might as well get the unlocked 4790k. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Really?

System: Thinkpad T460

I think the i7 will stay since there's a large budget and he'd like the rig to be well rounded. He's not too tech savvy so he doesn't want to risk overclocking, but we MAY bump it up to the K model just in case.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

Switch the PSU to an AX760 and get a 4790k.

760W should be enough, right? Currently I've chosen the 850W to be extra safe.

So everyone, there are no compatibility issues with the current parts, right?

I'd get a WD black instead of green for the warranty. 

besides that build is good. But just in case I'd look into what it would cost  to go X99 with an asus x99-a or gigabyte ud4 motherboard and crucial (ballistix) or g.skill ddr4 ram. 

get k version of i5 or i7

get seasonic psu or evga g2 series or corsair hx series 

i never heard any1 complementing rm series psu

So everyone, there are no compatibility issues with the current parts, right?

A 650w would be enough.

980s don't consume much power.

Pls give me a list with all the games that uttilize hyperthreading (beyond 4 cores) because I only know one and the I5-4690k is still a more then enough CPU. Most new games suck FPS wise not because of the hardware but because the game is optimized poorly. If a triple SLI 970's cant handle AC:unity on ultra preset with a decent frame rate then this is the developers fault, I even got a mail about it today saying that the performance on release was horrible.

A i5-4690k would be more then enough, on the other hand if money is no problem and you dont wanna OC go i7-4790(k).

Switched the PSU to an AX 760W, thanks for all the suggestions everyone :)