What's so good about GTA San Andreas?

thewafflemaster

I hear how the game is so good, but what's so good about it?

Read the LTT Beginner's Guide; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron

Spoiler

CPU: i5-4690k 4.1 GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO GPU: Asus Gtx 970 Strix MOBO: ASUS Z97-E RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Cooler Master 600W 80+ Bronze Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced 

I don't get it either. IMO GTA starting at vice city is so overrated and overhyped.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Big open world, great soundtrack, funny story, mods (if you play it on PC), random shit, a mission where you burn weed with a flamethrower, a mission where you run people over with a harvester.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Big open world, great soundtrack, funny story, mods (if you play it on PC), random shit, a mission where you burn weed with a flamethrower, a mission where you run people over with a harvester.

Ah. The combine harvester. Best vehicle ever

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

well i played through the story of that game, it wasnt really for me. I dont mind gta but i didnt like San andreas and vice city

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Story, driving, world, cheats, flying, missions... Just everything...

Big open world with one of the best story lines of all time, and just a very fun game all around

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

It was good when it came out, but by today's standards it's nothing special.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I think it's Mods for that game. People pulled some unreal shit like real life cars and super HD texture packs, also online was very popular (something previous versions lacked)

I remember people going crazy about jump challenges and sliding on fences, cables, walls etc.

GTA has been the only fun and decently looking free roam game.

Arma 3 Life is something else. Its a different style.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It was good at its time. As others said: Awesome storyline, The slang or w/e they use to talk, the cheats,... It's one of those titles you just had to experience 

I think it's Mods for that game. People pulled some unreal shit like real life cars and super HD texture packs, also online was very popular (something previous versions lacked)

I remember people going crazy about jump challenges and sliding on fences, cables, walls etc.

GTA has been the only fun and decently looking free roam game.

Arma 3 Life is something else. Its a different style.

That's far from the reason.

Take your /thread garbage back to reddit and drop your stupid profile picture off there while you're at it.  You don't declare when a thread is over or that your answer is right.  You have an opinion.  That is it. 

talk about being mean. could have said exactly the same thing in a nicer way? and btw who are you to judge his profile picture... 

Take your /thread garbage back to reddit and drop your stupid profile picture off there while you're at it.  You don't declare when a thread is over or that your answer is right.  You have an opinion.  That is it. 

WOW! You need to remove the sand from your vag!

San Andreas was and still is a great game because, at the time, it was unheard of to have a game of such scale, on the PS2, without any loading screens whatsoever.

The story, customisation, music and characters still make it a great play after 10 years.

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan

Trying to steal a military jet, jetpack, parachute, flying over military airspace in the stunt plane just to dodge missiles, monster trucks, clowns.