[US Amazon Prime] Acer XB280HK $719.46

kraxe_tk

Wow, that's a pretty good price. 4K and G-sync for 800? ROG swift if 1000 and only 1440p

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Wow, that's a pretty good price. 4K and G-sync for 800? ROG swift if 1000 and only 1440p

Swift is $800 and 144Hz

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Swift is $800 and 144Hz

Doesn't having G-sync make 144Hz obsolete??

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Doesn't having G-sync make 144Hz obsolete??

Gsync prevents the display and graphics card from rendering scenes out of sync by syncing the refresh rate of the monitor to the graphics card's render cycle.

This prevents tearing and it also prevents a lack of responsiveness that comes from Vsync, which syncs the render cycle to the refresh rate of the monitor rather than the refresh rate of the monitor to the render cycle..

However it can only sync the refresh rate of the monitor to the graphics card's render cycle up to the refresh rate ceiling of said monitor, so if you're able to render more than 60fps, and the monitor can refresh faster it'll allow you view the frames at a faster rate without tearing and have it be even more responsive than usual.

So no.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552