Far Cry 4 doesnt support dual core cpu's

I'm waiting for the game that's locked for x amount t of vram on a gpu we got 6 gig ram with COD and dual core cpu with far cry 4

You guys do know it's not truly "Locked" and the not running on dual cores is probably just a bug because they rushed a broken game out the door right?

Edit:It does also list an I5 and it's minimum CPU also so why would anyone without a quad core have bought it to even be complaining of the black screen.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I'm waiting for the game that's locked for x amount t of vram on a gpu we got 6 gig ram with COD and dual core cpu with far cry 4

lol what? there's many games that require a minimum about of Vram and many games that require a minimum amount of ram hell no one should be attempting to run modern games with under 8gb ram and 2gb Vram IMO anyway. What's with people assuming that they should be able to play without things that become mainstream 7 years ago.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

And it's a weird choice of core as well. Most games thrash Core 0, but FC4 for some reason thrashes Core 2.

WoW has been thrashing core 7, and occasionally core 1 on my 8320. Rest hover around the 7-15% range. At least the highest I've seen core 7 and 1 get is 75%.

Much better than what I've heard of Ubisoft at least...

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

lol what? there's many games that require a minimum about of Vram and many games that require a minimum amount of ram hell no one should be attempting to run modern games with under 8gb ram and 2gb Vram IMO anyway. What's with people assuming that they should be able to play without things that become mainstream 7 years ago.

I meant a ridiculous requirement that is not needed like COD and far cry

If you think 8GB of RAM and 2GB of VRAM was mainstream 7 years ago then you'd be very, very wrong.

8GB of RAM has been "mainstream" for maybe 2-3 years. Go back further than that and you will see more and more people recommend 4GB of RAM for builds.

2GB of VRAM became common on the high end Radeon HD 6000 cards. That was 4 years ago (on the high end). Even the highest end single GPU card in the 5000 series was 1GB (the 5970 had 1GB per GPU so still effectively 1GB on that card as well).

Essentially, you're saying nobody who hasn't bought a decent computer in the last 2 years should even attempt to play games.

If you mean quad cores became mainstream 7 years ago then you're very wrong as well. They were in the very high end 7 years ago, and it's still more common to have a dual core than a quad core in the Steam survey.

We have graphics options in games for a reason. It's to allow a wide range of computers to all run the same game and different levels of details and still get good performance.

Low should have very low system requirements. High should have high system requirements.

Essentially, you're saying nobody who hasn't bought a decent computer in the last 2 years should even attempt to play games.

and it's still more common to have a dual core than a quad core in the Steam survey.

Exactly, this is the point I was making earlier, if 50% of computer users are using a dual core, then you should be making sure that your game works on dual cores, even if its just on the lowest settings

We are forgetting Far Cry 3 ran on the same engine, with the same graphical fidelity, some of the textures and animations are ripped straight from 3, and it ran fine on dual cores, why does it suddenly not work now?

every other demanding AAA game works just fine on a dual core, its clearly either badly coded, or an artificial restriction - neither of these are good

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you think 8GB of RAM and 2GB of VRAM was mainstream 7 years ago then you'd be very, very wrong.

8GB of RAM has been "mainstream" for maybe 2-3 years. Go back further than that and you will see more and more people recommend 4GB of RAM for builds.

2GB of VRAM became common on the high end Radeon HD 6000 cards. That was 4 years ago (on the high end). Even the highest end single GPU card in the 5000 series was 1GB (the 5970 had 1GB per GPU so still effectively 1GB on that card as well).

If you mean quad cores became mainstream 7 years ago then you're very wrong as well. They were in the very high end 7 years ago, and it's still more common to have a dual core than a quad core in the Steam survey.

We have graphics options in games for a reason. It's to allow a wide range of computers to all run the same game and different levels of details and still get good performance.

Low should have very low system requirements. High should have high system requirements.

Meh I was unemployed and I had a intel quad core and 8 gig of ram 7 years ago and ok saying 2gb Vram was mainstream 7 years ago might have been an exaggeration but i've not had less then that since the Asus 560ti top 2gb card so I have no sympathy for people with worse specs then those complaining they can't play every new game.  I don't expect to pull out my old dual core laptop the only dual core I've owned in 7 years or computer with less then 8gb ram and expect it to run far cry 4.

So I'm not saying you had to build a decent computer in the last 2 years I'm saying if your computers worth less then a console or was mediocre 5+ years ago and you've not bought a graphics card in the last 3+ years  don't complain if it doesn't run every new game that simple.

So how does the steam survey get its hardware stats? from every computer running steam?  I suspect those stats don't reflect that many gamers trying to run games like far cry 4 and reflects a lot of old machines that may still be used to run classic old school games(I mean my 73 year old grandmother has steam on her pc so her great grand kids can play basic games) not to mention crappy old laptops that play simple games like worms. It says intel HD4000 graphics is the most commonly used.....does that mean all new games should run on that?