Project "All Out" - FX 6300/GTX 760 - REVISION 2.0 - Inspired by the Inwin D Frame

byalexandr

Windex + lint free cloth.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Windex + lint free cloth.

Yeah, I cleaned it. Kinda figured that out AFTER I took the pictures.

Alright, because I don't [currently] have enough money for the new components I want, this may be the last update for a... while. I don't know when I'll post another update but feel free to comment and let me know what you think. I really like the build and I think it definitely looks nicer than what I had before, but it's up to the audience... Thanks again everyone! Cheers!

New Components List (as of currently):

Core i5 4690K

GTX 970

Z97 mATX Motherboard

8GB DDR3 Memory

32GB SSD Cache

Components are kindd of vague, I'll just buy whatever is available and suits my wants. As you can tell, the components are quite expensive (compared to what I currently have) so it'll be a while. Again, cheers! Comment to let me know what you think of my build!

For the love of Ghandi, yes. Just... Stick with that 4690K build. That Athlon is shit. My G3258 would kick its ass.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Looks fantastic! Only thing I could think of to improve it is new components (which you are already getting :) ), and tinting that window grey (eg this http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic?search=Gray/Smoke2064). Otherwise this is a great build and deserves more attention!

For the love of Ghandi, yes. Just... Stick with that 4690K build. That Athlon is shit. My G3258 would kick its ass.

Wow! Thanks for the replies everyone! So today, as you all know, is Christmas, so I ordered an EVGA GTX 750 Ti. I probably won't be getting a 970, as I honestly think a 750 Ti is plenty for what I do. TheIcedCanadian, I am going to get a tinted windows, just not currently. The only reason I have a window right now is to protect it from wandering hands and objects. tmcclelland455, I know, right? I might actually change to an FX series just for more cores. I really need them as I do a lot of multitasking. dr_deconstruct, thank you very much for those kind words. Thank you all for the comments, more to come!

Wow! Thanks for the replies everyone! So today, as you all know, is Christmas, so I ordered an EVGA GTX 750 Ti. I probably won't be getting a 970, as I honestly think a 750 Ti is plenty for what I do. TheIcedCanadian, I am going to get a tinted windows, just not currently. The only reason I have a window right now is to protect it from wandering hands and objects. tmcclelland455, I know, right? I might actually change to an FX series just for more cores. I really need them as I do a lot of multitasking. dr_deconstruct, thank you very much for those kind words. Thank you all for the comments, more to come!

An 8350 is more or less equivalent to a 4690K, unless the program is heavily multi-threaded. Even then, it probably wouldn't be that much of a difference.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

An 8350 is more or less equivalent to a 4690K, unless the program is heavily multi-threaded. Even then, it probably wouldn't be that much of a difference.

Price point is also a consideration, especially for me with a [very] limited budget. I found a few sites with the 8350 for around $130, much better of a price compared to the $240 of the 4690K. But even then, all I really need is probably a 6300, but that will have to wait.

Price point is also a consideration, especially for me with a [very] limited budget. I found a few sites with the 8350 for around $130, much better of a price compared to the $240 of the 4690K. But even then, all I really need is probably a 6300, but that will have to wait.

Don't forget the Xeons. The one in my upgrade list is the Haswell Refresh Xeon that is basically an i7 4790K without the iGPU. http://bit.ly/AthenaUpgrades

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Wow just caught this build log, and it looks pretty good so far!  Super clean welds on the case itself, keep it up!

Wow just caught this build log, and it looks pretty good so far!  Super clean welds on the case itself, keep it up!

Thanks! Stay tuned as I am getting new parts!

Don't forget the Xeons. The one in my upgrade list is the Haswell Refresh Xeon that is basically an i7 4790K without the iGPU. http://bit.ly/AthenaUpgrades

Well if I'm already spending less than $150 for an FX 6300, I don't think I'll be spending $260 on a Xeon. Very nice processor though.

Hello again everyone! Update time...

So my new EVGA GTX 750 Ti came in today. I installed it and there is QUITE the performance improvement over my GT 610, although the card is being bottlenecked by my current CPU. Pics:

post-2597-0-88081600-1420064816_thumb.jp

Card by itself with all of it's protective wrap. Here is in the case (sorry for the bad shot):

post-2597-0-56364700-1420064889_thumb.jp

The only problem I had during the install was the clearance for the second slot portion of the GPU. It bumps up against the tray mount, but this was fixed with zip ties which also keeps the card in while I transport the computer.

More to come! Current parts:

Athlon 7750

4GB DDR2

GTX 750 Ti

500GB HDD

Parts to add:

FX 6300

Cheap,black,mATX AM3+ Motherboard (probably MSi or Gigabyte)

4GB DDR3 later add another DIMM to make 8GB

Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone! Sort of an update... I ran some benchmarks on the new 750 Ti using Unigine Heaven, here are the scores:

Time:    260.651
Frames:    12229
FPS:    46.9172
Min FPS:    13.1595
Max FPS:    89.0063
Score:    1181.84

The benchmark was run on 1600x900 (I don't have a 1080p main monitor, but my secondary is, which only works with HDMI, a cable I can't find anywhere in my house) on high settings with 4x MSAA. Let me know what you think of the card as I don't know if this is very good or not, I know it is being bottlenecked by my current Athlon 7750. It looked very nice and much better than my GT 610, but let me know what you think. Cheers! More to come!

Wow looks great

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thanks. I was really surprised my phone took a better picture than my DSLR.

Well, it's a Nokia, but still.

But, the camera doesn't make the shot.

I took an excellent photo with My 100$ waterproof camera that my sisters or dad's dslr's couldn't pull off

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well, it's a Nokia, but still.

But, the camera doesn't make the shot.

I took an excellent photo with My 100$ waterproof camera that my sisters or dad's dslr's couldn't pull off

True. I guess the DSLR couldn't get the right angle, if that makes sense.

"Nothing to Hide"

"For the Eye to see"

"Like my cable management?"

Some ideas :D

Nothing to Hide. Has a nice ring to it.

Currently on debating on doing a very similar project like this! Just talked to my dad asking if he could help me with some of it. Any suggestions for improvement or answers to struggles? Was thinking about tearing my phantom apart to get a power button and USB ports and such. Also put in some fans for airflow. And of course for the motherboard mount itself.

Currently on debating on doing a very similar project like this! Just talked to my dad asking if he could help me with some of it. Any suggestions for improvement or answers to struggles? Was thinking about tearing my phantom apart to get a power button and USB ports and such. Also put in some fans for airflow. And of course for the motherboard mount itself.

Well thanks! It's a big honor to have someone build a PC like mine...  :) . I guess I could give a few tips.

-First I would say that welding or burning galvanized metal is extremely dangerous. The EMT I used is galvanized, and I took proper precautions like a fans and working outside, even holding my breath until I can get some fresh air. Google 'zinc fume fever'. It'll give you some background on what it can do both short term and long term. In general, just try not to breath the stuff.

-When welding the motherboard tray, line it as PERFECTLY as possible so the mounts line up. My motherboard tray came out in two pieces, so this was quite difficult, and ended up making my screws not go in right.

-When painting, hang it up with some fencing wire, as this makes painting a lot easier. Also make sure to get EVERY angle, it won't look as nice is you have spots of primer showing.

-To plan out the bends and stuff, lay out your components on a [static free] table in the way you are going to put them in the new case, then take measurements. This eliminates most of the guesswork (although there is a LOT of guesswork).

Those are some of the main things I came across. If you start the build and have any questions, feel free to ask me, and sorry for taking a long time to reply. Busy with school and stuff...