Battlefield 4 livestream starting!

Minjon

Put your comments in this thread, enjoy!

http://www.twitch.tv/battlefield?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.battlefield.com

Info of what we know so far.

Just wanted to get as many facts or tid-bits we're all finding out in one easy to reach place. Feel free to post and I'll add it to the list.

EDIT JUNE 13 8:26AM EST

*Currently working on additions to this list based on all your great inputs and info from the livestreams last night. Thank you to everyone for putting this together and keeping it correct and updated.8

EDIT Please, if possible, include a source when submitting something to add, thanks.

CONFIRMED WEAPONS SO FAR:

Credit to u/ww2kev

Assault Rifles

• QBZ-95-1 (Seen in leaked Alpha screenshots)

• CZ805 (Seen in leaked Alpha, Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

• M16A3 (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

• AEK-971 (Seen briefly as a dropped weapon in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

• HK416 (Seen used by a squadmate in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

Carbines

• M4A1 (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

• AK5C (Seen in "Angry Sea" Trailer, Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

Sniper Rifles/Designated Marksman Rifles

• Steyr Scout Elite (Seen in leaked Alpha images and E3 Footage)

• QBU-88 (Seen in leaked Alpha images)

• SV-98 (Seen in leaked Alpha images)

• Kel-Tec RFB (Seen in E3 Footage with blue Digital camo)

LMGs

• Mk. 46 Mod. 0 (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

• Ultimax-100 (Seen in leaked Alpha images, "Angry Sea" Trailer, Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

• QJY-88 (Seen in leaked Alpha images, Alternate Multiplayer Trailer)

Submachine guns/Personal Defense Weapons

• CZ3A1 (Seen in leaked Alpha images, Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

• P90 (Seen in Multiplayer Trailer as a dropped weapon)

• U-100 M5K

Pistols

• M9A1 (Seen in Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

• QSZ-92 (Seen in Alternate Multiplayer Trailer)

• MP412 REX (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

Shotguns

• Serbu Super Shorty (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

• Saiga-12 (Seen in "Angry Sea" Trailer, Multiplayer Trailer)

• Hawk 12 Gauge (Seen in Multiplayer Trailer)

• M26 MASS (Seen in E3 Footage, customizable)

• Norinco V1218 (Seen in the Multiplayer Trailer)

Other Weaponry

• Milkor MGL Mk 1S (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer)

• M320 (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer, Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

• RPG-7 (Seen in Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

• FIM-92 Stinger (Seen in Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage)

• XM25 CDTE (Seen in E3 Footage)

• SRAW (Seen in E3 Footage)

• C4 (Seen in Leaked Alpha images)

Grenades

• M67 (Seen in all trailers and E3 Footage)

• M34 WP (Seen in E3 Footage)

• M84 (E3 Footage)

• MTN-55 (E3 Footage)

Bladed Weaponry

• M9 Bayonet (Seen in "Fishing in Baku" Trailer, Multiplayer Trailer, E3 Footage) Used as a knife, not mounted on weapons.
OTHER ITEMS CONFIRMED:

• Premium add on confirmed

• VoIP for PC

• Battlepacks:

Through the course of their multiplayer career, players will receive Battlepacks containing random combinations of new camos, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and gun attachments. These items are designed to add customization options while not being game-changing. *Credit to u/AdiAir

• Motion sensor balls for Recon

• C4 for Recon class

• C4 can now be thrown (at a limited distance)

• Customizable secondary weapons (i.e barrels for pistols, sights and camos)

• Suppressing a Recon only possible by Support class (making players screen blur)

• 5 person squads

• 2 types of med packs. A smaller one which can be tossed to trapped teammate or stuck onto a passerby

• Levolution of buildings is not scripted, requires team effort

• 64 players on all platforms (66 players counting Commanders for both teams

• Spectator Mode (Confirmed for "nextgen" consoles) submitted by u/phresch

• Flash bangs

• Incendiary grenades

• Weapons (pistols) can now be fired while swimming

• Kill assists of 90+ now count as kills. Possibly counting as kills for both players, also possibly on kills assists above 50

• Tires can be shot out on vehicles now

• Angled grips for primary weapons

• Ability to click on a base on the map to spawn there

• 3 team factions, USA, Russia and China

• You can shoot fire extinguishers to get a smokescreen

• sprint swimming and ability to dive underwater for stealth

• Dynamic environment, area will remain dusty/cloudy after heavy damage or demolition of a building

• Addition of side sights (side mounted iron sights) to primary guns for closed quarters combat (will not distort FOV)

• Addition of working elevators.

• Addition of deploy-able road blocks for stopping road traffic.

• Perk bar reset on squad wipe

CONFIRMED VEHICLES AND VEHICLE INFO

• Vehicles now have an ammo limit (i.e primary gun on Abrams only has 6 shells) (will reload slowly over time, secondary gun does not seem to run out, only over heat )

• The Russian Mi-28 Attack Helicopter

• The Russian VDV Buggy

• The Chinese ZFB05 Light Armoured Vehicle

• The American Cougar H MRAP

• The American UH-1Y Venom Utility Helicopter

• The American H-1Z viper Attack Helicopter

• The American F/A-18 Hornet Jet Fighter

• The American V-22 Osprey Tiltrotor-Aircraft

• The American AC-130 Gunship

• The RHIB boat

• The Riverine Command Boat

• The DV-15 Interceptor Patrol Boat

• The Jet Ski

• The Chinese Type 98 MBT

• The Chinese J-20 Jet

• The Chinese WZ-10 Helicopter

• The American LAV

• The American M1 Abrams (Unknown variant)

• The American AMTRAC

also worth noting vehicle wise is that there are 2 types of UAV's controlled by the Commanders. For the purpose of spotting and for destroying each others' UAV

KNOWN BUILT IN ADMINISTRATION FEATURES:

(these are things you can do, set or change from the users menu)

• Spectate mode and/or battle recorder

• Player ping

• Ability to mute an annoying player in chat/voip

• Player tags

• Player kit

• In game team balancer - one that actually works

• In game votekick/voteban options

COMMANDER MODE

• Two modes, COMMANDER MODE and MOBILE COMMANDER, Commander mode confirmed for PC at this time, Mobile Commander confirmed for tablets (known tablets listed below)

• One commander per team, does not take up a slot, can not be killed like in bf2 while playing as Commander.

• MOBILE COMMANDER VERSION Controlled only via tablet device, no mobile phones.

• Confirmed to work with Apple Ipad/Ipad Mini, Google Nexus and Samsung Galaxy Tab. (I would also asume it to Work with Asus Nexus)

• Features such as Tomahawk missiles andC-130 gunner ship are based on objectives taken.

KNOWN CHANGES TO ANIMATIONS/MECHANICS

as suggested by u/HARRO_PR3ASE

• Sprint swimming

• Short dives while swimming

• Ability to fire a side arm while swimming on surface

• Recon class has ability to "peak" up over an object and fire while taking cover, possible that other classes may have this too.

• Spotting now has a hand gesture and will spot multiple targets at once, eliminating the need to spam the spot key (and in my case annoy my wife with the constant "i have spotted an enemy machine gunner in you AO" playing over and over again)

• base jumping / parachute mechanic has changed, you can see player pulling the rip cord after changing to a head first positon

• Knifing animation has changed, and also features a counter knife feature. Currently counter knife only works from frontal attacks. Alpha game play has only shown one type of take down animation, but likely there are multiples as before.

Tossing a grenade animation has changed, looks more like throwing a baseball now. (looks better to me*)

KNOWN FIXES FROM BF3

• Recon class has the ability to Zero a weapon (info here:http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1g6kwz/im_really_surprised_that_our_battlefield/) submitted by u/terrorstormed

• When capturing a base, the radius for being in the capture zone has increased and the icon of the base no longer enlarges and blocks the players view.

• Updates to net coding to smooth out game play and reduce "rubber banding" (source: LevelCap's Youtube Video from E3)

• Being killed by a jet, Viper, or road vehicle will now displayed as killed by "vehicle name" instead of just "killed"

section under construction

Edited for formatting, spelling and add-ons. I'll be sure to credit you when you submit. Thanks for any updates, corrections or comments.

Videos

Sources:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1g7qls/bf4_running_list_of_things_weve_learned_so_far/

Some tweets from Jackfrags:

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/344813576617340929

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/344812811114905601

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/344811665428213760

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/344811343628623872

MTN-55

H0VLZlb.png

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Don't care about BF3 that much anymore, they really didn't do well with BF3 and there was nothing that special about BF4 until now. But I'm really happy about Battlefront, has been my fav game for years, really like to see it continued.

Don't care about BF3 that much anymore, they really didn't do well with BF3 and there was nothing that special about BF4 until now. But I'm really happy about Battlefront, has been my fav game for years, really like to see it continued.

I'm pretty excited for Battlefront also, but changes that we have seen in the MP reveal indicate they listened to us.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Thanks for the heads up. 

Like to hear that supression is now focused on the support class

thanks!

Like to hear that supression is now focused on the support class

Finally!

So spectator mode officially confirmed!

C4 on the recon class ? Think I just heard that

C4 on the recon class ? Think I just heard that

You can see it in MP reveal, when zh1nt0 c4's the tank.

That might give the recon class some more sense. They were really underpowerde in bf3. I might really change my mind about bf4, but I don't think i'll buy it soon, wait for the beta and see how's my 550ti will be performing :S

Looks exactly like BF3...which played exactly like BC2. GFG Dice/EA. This would've been an expansion a few years ago...

thanks, I was waiting for it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

The spectator mode looks very nice for competitive play but imo, nothing that much more over BF3.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

So ingame voip ? Or the battlelog thing ? well either way, dont like that, might be bad experiences from cod. So hopefully they will implement it in a good way.

thanks, I was waiting for it.

You can also watch http://www.twitch.tv/rivalxfactor/new like i am.

Also a few new stuff.

If you reload you loose the whole magazine.

ZADd5ot.png

And some info from reddit:

*Please ask him about Dinosaurs! *

Karl Magnus has revealed somethings: Link

DarkLord7854:He forgot to mention.. can use pistols in the water :)

• Sprint swim
  • Auto lean over thing as in far cry 3
  • Suppression is nerfed for all weapons except support weapons and it is also nerfed for close ranged combat
  • Also he wants us to keep posting feedback, they can't respond to all the feedback but they do read a lot of these suggestions.
  • Diving underwater, you can use pistols when underwater
  • 4 pillars which you can spot to make the skyscraper collaps
  • ELEVATOR MUSIC YEAAAAH!!!!
  • No other maps than Siege of Shanghai(for the alpha in E3)
  • You only get bonuses for your Commander for B,C and D
  • They apparently have some sick commander stations at E3, no footage tough

Interview with Patrick Bach:

• They are happy with responds from the community to the gameplay footage
  • Limited ammo confirmed for MBT(Some claim it regenerates)
  • Metal detectors, gates fire extinguishers and more create a more living and interactive environment
  • For some reason the heli which was disabled repaired itself while being on fire, couldn't see a engineer repairing it.
  • Reason for levolution is not only to make it look better but also make the game more dynamic so games will be different each time you play.
  • Team and enemy tags are probably switched in spectator mode, The player walked past red icons but killed a blue guy. Probably uses the team the spectator is in so if the spectator is in the opposite team of the person they are spectating the team tags are still from the team they are in.(Fix that)
  • Sick wave when the building collapses
  • Map is dusty after the collapse of the skyscraper, low visibility
  • Commander adds a layer of value without taking it away from people who don't care about commander.
  • He tweeted the commander station, looks sick!
  • What the hell was that kind of rocket launcher?!( probably AT4)
  • 2 jet-skies on the back of the boat, you enter it automatically when exiting the boat.
  • ZFB05 Vehicle for china
  • Flash bangs?
  • Defibs are now needed to be charged up before you can revive
  • Vehicle disabling is in, but has been reworked and now takes into account what part was hit
  • Special squad leader commorose
  • No custom squads
  • The waves are all dynamic and react to things like boats
  • Levolution is on all maps, different maps have different kinds
  • M26 mass is returning
  • Pistol customization is confirmed

Bugs:

• In spectator mode for one of the teams the icons for teams aren't updated correctly making it look like people are shooting friendlies
  • Flares and missiles appear as the explosive icon in spectator mode.
  • Arms acting weird in the attack helicopter

Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1g55xm/bf4_livestream_discussion/

You can also watch http://www.twitch.tv/rivalxfactor/new like i am.

Also a few new stuff.

If you reload you loose the whole magazine.

ZADd5ot.png

And some info from reddit:

Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1g55xm/bf4_livestream_discussion/

Do you know if every building is destroy-able? Let's say on a map everyone decides to destroy as many buildings as they can, would be awesome to see a video of that on youtube. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Do you know if every building is destroy-able? Let's say on a map everyone decides to destroy as many buildings as they can, would be awesome to see a video of that on youtube. :)

Probably the skyscrapers can't be destroyed but the ones affected by levolution those can.

some buildings can be destroyed, some cant. in the match i watch it was a huge skyscraper that changed the whole map and the dust made all aircraft useless! 

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Probably the skyscrapers can't be destroyed but the ones affected by levolution those can.

Hmm, still cool.

Sadly it wont run well on medium on my PC, bf3 didn't either :(.

Hmm, still cool.

Sadly it wont run well on medium on my PC, bf3 didn't either :(.

:(

Just saw flashbang on stream, its definitely in the game.

:(

That is the only reason why I like cod because I can play it on high settings at good frame rates. Otherwise BF2 was awesome :). I hope on building a new gaming PC by the end of this year, or first part of next year. 4770k and 780 are what I'm dreaming now, but AMD might have good options by then. I hope they release 8xxx series for PC(not re-branded OEM parts), and the 5 GHz CPU doesn't sound bad either. Yet I wonder what will the 4930 or 4960 CPU's bring, maybe DDR4 rams?

Sorry for the off-topic :).

That is the only reason why I like cod because I can play it on high settings at good frame rates. Otherwise BF2 was awesome :). I hope on building a new gaming PC by the end of this year, or first part of next year. 4770k and 780 are what I'm dreaming now, but AMD might have good options by then. I hope they release 8xxx series for PC(not re-branded OEM parts), and the 5 GHz CPU doesn't sound bad either. Yet I wonder what will the 4930 or 4960 CPU's bring, maybe DDR4 rams?

Sorry for the off-topic :).

I would go with full amd, better money/performance and 8core processors are gonna dominate because of the new consoles.