Which Power Supply should I get for my P.C.? (for gaming).

mst646

Yeah, they are not even close. lol 

yea according to him sinthetics have no real world base

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

*sigh* You don't win arguments by just throwing out 5th grade insults at people (not mentioning names...). Actually act like decent human beings and have a debate not a childish argument. At least @I/O isn't just all like "lol u suck im right lol faggot qq" and is trying to preach his beliefs like a mature person.

There are points for each SSD. The Kingston ones is for people who REALLY need a cheap build and can sacrifice that negligible performance increase from moving to a 840 EVO/PRO. For someone like me, I will pay the extra fee to get a Samsung drive, because I simply like them. That isn't the case for a lot of people though. A lot of people need those cheaper drives. 

Besides ladies, remember, cheaper SSD's make our nicer ones come down in price :D

Stop flopping on the ground like 3 years olds throwing fits and take this somewhere else. 

WOW

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Seriously, the ssd now in it's current version is marginally better than hard drives. And much less reliable. 

There's nothing wrong with OP SSD

"The Kingston SSDNow V300 is a special case, though. It can even change our perception of the SandForce platform at large. Kingston has shifted priorities with this product, positioning it as an inexpensive rather than high-performance SSD yet equipping it with Toshiba’s fast 19nm MLC NAND flash memory with Toggle Mode interface. Moreover, the manufacturer has developed customized firmware which helps the SSDNow V300 perform almost as fast as the Intel 520 in real-life applications. As a result, this SSD sports a very attractive price per gigabyte of storage while being faster than most SandForce-based products. It is especially good and comparable to indisputable leaders in reads-heavy scenarios, for example at loads typical of a system disk. So, if you’re looking for the best price/performance ratio, the Kingston SSDNow V300 should be among the first on your list."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/kingston-ssdnow-v300_8.html#sect0

*sigh* You don't win arguments by just throwing out 5th grade insults at people (not mentioning names...). Actually act like decent human beings and have a debate not a childish argument. At least @I/O isn't just all like "lol u suck im right lol faggot qq" and is trying to preach his beliefs like a mature person.

There are points for each SSD. The Kingston ones is for people who REALLY need a cheap build and can sacrifice that negligible performance increase from moving to a 840 EVO/PRO. For someone like me, I will pay the extra fee to get a Samsung drive, because I simply like them. That isn't the case for a lot of people though. A lot of people need those cheaper drives. 

Besides ladies, remember, cheaper SSD's make our nicer ones come down in price :D

Stop flopping on the ground like 3 years olds throwing fits and take this somewhere else. 

Um the kingston v300 drive isn't even close to a samsung ssd. I agree people need to calm down with the name calling though. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Ya I will upgrade to a high end super SSD down the road but as it's stands the V300 is really fast enough for now and I have other things to upgrade like my archaic Phenom II CPU and HD 7850.

Um the kingston v300 drive isn't even close to a samsung ssd. I agree people need to calm down with the name calling though. 

YES THIS IS A MORE RESONABLE INTERPRITATIONS

"The Kingston SSDNow V300 is a special case, though. It can even change our perception of the SandForce platform at large. Kingston has shifted priorities with this product, positioning it as an inexpensive rather than high-performance SSD yet equipping it with Toshiba’s fast 19nm MLC NAND flash memory with Toggle Mode interface. Moreover, the manufacturer has developed customized firmware which helps the SSDNow V300 perform almost as fast as the Intel 520 in real-life applications. As a result, this SSD sports a very attractive price per gigabyte of storage while being faster than most SandForce-based products. It is especially good and comparable to indisputable leaders in reads-heavy scenarios, for example at loads typical of a system disk. So, if you’re looking for the best price/performance ratio, the Kingston SSDNow V300 should be among the first on your list."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/kingston-ssdnow-v300_8.html#sect0

Okay...really what are you not getting about THE FLASH IS DIFFERENT NOW. IT IS NO LONGER TOSHIBA 19NM FLASH

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Ya I will upgrade to a high end super SSD down the road but as it's stands the V300 is really fast enough for now and I have other things to upgrade like my archaic Phenom II CPU and HD 7850.

why do you have a phenom

Okay...really what are you not getting about THE FLASH IS DIFFERENT NOW. IT IS NO LONGER TOSHIBA 19NM FLASH

He is right

the nand now sucks

He is right

the nand now sucks

Plus, Sandforce controller. Sandforce controller+ Toshiba NAND = BAD KARMA.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Plus, Sandforce controller. Sandforce controller+ Toshiba NAND = BAD KARMA.

yea Karma

WOW

What is that about? I really appreciate the A+ quality work you've been putting into your posts though!

Okay...really what are you not getting about

Ok easy with the caps bra ! That said how do I find out what kind of flash my V300 is using so we can settle this BS right here and right now ?

What is that about? I really appreciate the A+ quality work you've been putting into your posts though!

We are just deciding how shitty the new v300 is.

Ok easy with the caps bra ! That said how do I find out what kind of flash my V300 is using so we can settle this BS right here and right now ?

micron 20nm

no idea. Google it. But we already settled you boot time was about as good as mine because im running windows 7 which has much slower boot times.

no idea. Google it. But we already settled you boot time was about as good as mine because im running windows 7 which has much slower boot times.

Not at all. Boot times on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 is very similar as long as both OS is clean. I know cause I run them both.

micron 20nm

Not at all. Boot times on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 is very similar as long as both OS is clean. I know cause I run them both.

or two different systems also boot times are nothing my mac takes a quarter the tie of a pc to boot up is it magically faster

I/O is gone YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

No, the 8.1 machine has a hard drive and it boosts about as fast as my 840evo win 7 machine. It's not even close. I have had 8.1 on my machine in the past. I ran like greased lightning. Also check the firmware on your ssd if it's v506 or v521 it's asynchronous micron nand. And look at this. http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1360-kingston-v300-asynchronous-vs-synchronous-benchmark/Page-2?showall= as you can see with REAL WORLD TESTS like loading windows it's the same speed. However the media copy test failed miserably. Some things are only a little bit slower, some things half as slow. That's awful when you can buy an mx100 for a few dollar more. Also I don't know anything about the people testing or their reputation. But it's what I found.

No, the 8.1 machine has a hard drive and it boosts about as fast as my 840evo win 7 machine. It's not even close. I have had 8.1 on my machine in the past. I ran like greased lightning. Also check the firmware on your ssd if it's v506 or v521 it's asynchronous micron nand. And look at this. http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1360-kingston-v300-asynchronous-vs-synchronous-benchmark/Page-2?showall= as you can see with REAL WORLD TESTS like loading windows it's the same speed. However the media copy test failed miserably. Some things are only a little bit slower, some things half as slow. That's awful when you can buy an mx100 for a few dollar more. Also I don't know anything about the people testing or their reputation. But it's what I found.

Yea this is what we have ben telling you windows 8 is much faster than 7

I am not recommending OP to get rid of a perfectly fine SSD cause some people don't like it as that would be a ludicrous notion especially since they have never used the bloody thing.

I am not recommending OP to get rid of a perfectly fine SSD cause some people don't like it as that would be a ludicrous notion especially since they have never used the bloody thing.

that is not what we are saying we are saying that is is a slow ssd and he should upgrade notbuy another like you suggested

Nobody said to trash his ssd, but if you read his post he said he is looking at getting another possibly. It's our job to inform his of how bad that decision would be. And you are not helping.