Which Power Supply should I get for my P.C.? (for gaming).

mst646

It was about 20sec but I had to put in my Password so.

I stop counting at the password screen so I guess add one second and you have the desktop?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Love how this power supply question turned into an ssd discussion 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I stop counting at the password screen so I guess add one second and you have the desktop?

My password is long and I am not the fastest type so it's closer to 2 sec. I will redo the test and stop the timer at the password screen and see where it's at. Of course we are not on the same mobo so we would have to account for how long the boot screen is on the screen or perhaps you disabled it via the bios on your system.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yTc9yc

Of course, this is what I have right now:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3qfX3C

The thing is that I don't want to change my GPU because I don't think I have enough money for a good GPU because I've got to buy other things like the RAM and a case also I haven't buy the motherboard yet I bought the CPU yesterday.

My budget is about $400 more or less

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Go with an 8GB Dual channel ram kit and get another Kingston V300 120GB SSD because there is no sense on wasting money on a faster SSD to run with a slower one in RAID0. Get a good quality 700watt PSU and your set.

No, that is not exactly what I meant. I was thinking about get another V300 because already have 1 of those

And this is the 2nd option: Get 2 new ones of a higher range Hyper X series or something... Both of them on RAID O.

Love how this power supply question turned into an ssd discussion 

yea

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

My password is long and I am not the fastest type so it's closer to 2 sec. I will redo the test and stop the timer at the password screen and see where it's at. Of course we are not on the same mobo so we would have to account for how long the boot screen is on the screen or perhaps you disabled it via the bios on your system.

but w=how could you be sure it is a very off comparisons or you have a very bloated windows

No, that is not exactly what I meant. I was thinking about get another V300 because already have 1 of those

And this is the 2nd option: Get 2 new ones of a higher range Hyper X series or something... Both of them on RAID O.

In practice you will not notice any speed increase going to a faster SSD ... It's just a synthetic thing. Best to stick with the V300s cause you already have one.

In practice you will not notice any speed increase going to a faster SSD ... It's just a synthetic thing. Best to stick with the V300s cause you already have one.

actually you will notice it easily i can tell the difference easily

but w=how could you be sure it is a very off comparisons or you have a very bloated windows

My Windows is tip top ship shop shape. All start up programs that do need to start up on boot are disabled like Steam etc.

Yeah that's what I thought and of course I need to buy other things rather than a new SSD 'cause I already have 1.

actually you will notice it easily i can tell the difference easily

Ok so if you dont have a stop watch you would never notice the difference. Like buddy's EVO vs my V300 it boots in the same time LOL.

Yeah that's what I thought and of course I need to buy other things rather than a new SSD 'cause I already have 1.

No point in not using the SSD as it's perfectly fine. Use it tell it breaks then buy a faster one and relish in the 1sec upon boot up that you saved LOL.

No point in not using the SSD as it's perfectly fine. Use it tell it breaks then buy a faster one and relish in the 1sec upon boot up that you saved LOL.

Boot time from Splash screen to password screen is 14sec on the V300 ... exactly the same boot time as the Samsung EVO.

My Windows is tip top ship shop shape. All start up programs that do need to start up on boot are disabled like Steam etc.

doesnt mean tip top

Ok so if you dont have a stop watch you would never notice the difference. Like buddy's EVO vs my V300 it boots in the same time LOL.

boots are not everything daily use is a lot

yea

Yeah, help me out with the power supply first than all, because I believe that the CPU and MOBO are just fine.

Boot time from Splash screen to password screen is 14sec on the V300 ... exactly the same boot time as the Samsung EVO.

did you time it yet

doesnt mean tip top

I did a little bit of performance tuning as well but nothing major. No need to as the SSD is so fast.

and more reliability and faster everything

I did a little bit of performance tuning as well but nothing major. No need to as the SSD is so fast.

true but some other things also matter

did you time it yet

I have been done for awhile now LOL. 14sec from Splash screen to password screen according to iphone 4s

I have been done for awhile now LOL. 14sec from Splash screen to password screen according to iphone 4s

okay that is a start

and more reliability and faster everything

Oh my 100,000hrs vs 99,000 operational hrs big deal. If you want long term reliability over 10 years than get Enterprise grade kit. Others wise pay consumer level prices and up grade on a regular basis like the rest of us LOL.

Oh my 100,000hrs vs 99,000 operational hrs big deal. If you want long term reliability over 10 years than get Enterprise grade kit. Others wise pay consumer level prices and up grade on a regular basis like the rest of us LOL.

blah it is better so a random failure happens from a shitty component