RMA'ing my old and getting a New GPU help

TheReven

So I just RMA'd my r9 290 xfx reference they don't have a replacement so full refund all 320 which is pretty nice since the cards have dropped alot but now I am stuck with what to go with as my setup is red and black and all cards seem to be blue and yellow but if I'm going to get a big performance increase with them I am not to bothered also Id like to put a bit of extra cash in a maybe get a  290x what would you go suggest 

Will it be worth it?

Will I get a bigger performance increase? 

Should I get a new card? 

I had planned to crossfire the 290 sometime next year so theres that too

let me know what you guys think thanks :D

specs are in my signature

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

get this

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-gtx970gaming4g

its MSI red/black

will be similar to your 290 or slightly faster and close to the 290X performance

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1059?vs=1355

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

get this

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-gtx970gaming4g

its MSI red/black

will be similar to your 290 or slightly faster and close to the 290X performance

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1059?vs=1355

I didn't really fancy going with a nvidia card as I have AMD cpu and AMD cards seen to run better and visa versa 

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

I didn't really fancy going with a nvidia card as I have AMD cpu and AMD cards seen to run better and visa versa 

that's not true mate

the only thing that might bottleneck the GPU is a really low end CPU

Intel can work with AMD cards no problems

AMD CPU can work with nVidia cards

the FX8350 should still be good for 1 to 2 more years before you need to change your CPU and mobo

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

yeah 970 is the best bang-for-buck high end card out right now

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Get Asus Strix or MSI Twin Frozr for the black and red theme

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro