LinusTechTips @Folding Team - Important Info Inside

Had a nice couple of days, but the -bigadv server must move on to other things.

post-45-0-43854600-1367807867.png

Had a nice couple of days, but the -bigadv server must move on to other things.

attachicon.giffolding.png

Nice numbers :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hay guys, i just joined the folding team and am very new to this, i have what i think is a fairly mid range gaming rig that i don't get to use to often, the only thing is i don't know if I have it setup to run at full speed... and for some reason it doesn't seem to be using my gpu at all. can someone tell me if this is right? and is i need to change anything? amiright.jpg

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

I would like to help but if I don't turn my computer on sleep mode or off, I would never get any sleep myself because of the sheer sound. :P

Well i have my pc folding at full speed and its not that loud and have good temps, having said that it is in its own room that's fairly cool

Well i have my pc folding at full speed and its not that loud and have good temps, having said that it is in its own room that's fairly cool

Aye okay, but my pc is fairly loud, while playing on it I don't mind at all but when sleeping it's a nightmare.

Haha, yeah I can understand that, I'm the kind of person that can't sleep with a ticking clock in the room, let alone a pc under load

Haha, yeah I can understand that, I'm the kind of person that can't sleep with a ticking clock in the room, let alone a pc under load

Hehe, you would have a hard time sleeping in my appartment then.

My family can't stay still for 1 second.

Hay guys, i just joined the folding team and am very new to this, i have what i think is a fairly mid range gaming rig that i don't get to use to often, the only thing is i don't know if I have it setup to run at full speed... and for some reason it doesn't seem to be using my gpu at all. can someone tell me if this is right? and is i need to change anything 

What CPU do you have? The program should never show 2 x CPU slots. Only one. I am assuming you have something like a 3570k? Reboot your system, see if that clears up the CPU slot issue.  In pic, your slider is at Medium. Which means your CPU only runs at about 86-90% and your GPU won't until your system goes into idle. Set your screen saver to like 5 minutes. You can move the slider to Full - which cranks up the CPU and turns on GPU folding...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I joined the Linustechtips team :D !!!

Just a biologist. Yea, don't know what I'm doing on a tech forum either?

Welcome to the team!

What CPU do you have? The program should never show 2 x CPU slots. Only one. I am assuming you have something like a 3570k? Reboot your system, see if that clears up the CPU slot issue.  In pic, your slider is at Medium. Which means your CPU only runs at about 86-90% and your GPU won't until your system goes into idle. Set your screen saver to like 5 minutes. You can move the slider to Full - which cranks up the CPU and turns on GPU folding...

I have fixed that, i sort of realized that after doing some more reading. I have only got the one slot there now. That's what i get for playing with the slots when i didn't know what i was doing with them, lol. I have a 3570K and a gigabyte 7850, and i have moved my slider up to full to get the gpu running, i really should have posted an update on that. But i just saw your post on updating the gpu slots? How do i do that? Thanks for the help!

Welcome! I think you will find everyone here is super awesome! 

Ah, long time no see :) I see I'm not that far down on the list yet. May be setting up some servers in the summer to do a little folding, but my last setup was literally killing me slowly. My computer room hit 40 degrees Celsius, and that computer + the Alienware is long gone by now.

MEH

I have fixed that, i sort of realized that after doing some more reading. I have only got the one slot there now. That's what i get for playing with the slots when i didn't know what i was doing with them, lol. I have a 3570K and a gigabyte 7850, and i have moved my slider up to full to get the gpu running, i really should have posted an update on that. But i just saw your post on updating the gpu slots? How do i do that? Thanks for the help!

Do you mean the Beta Flag? Read the FAQ - just freshly updated :) - basically, edit the GPU slot - add a option - name is client-type and the value is beta

Ah, long time no see :) I see I'm not that far down on the list yet. May be setting up some servers in the summer to do a little folding, but my last setup was literally killing me slowly. My computer room hit 40 degrees Celsius, and that computer + the Alienware is long gone by now.

Welcome back Crispy! :)

Welcome back Crispy! :)

Thank you VERY much :)

MEH

Do you mean the Beta Flag? Read the FAQ - just freshly updated :) - basically, edit the GPU slot - add a option - name is client-type and the value is beta

Awesome, thanks again! Sorry to be a pain in the neck, just want to make sure I'm folding at 100%

Welcome to the team!

Welcome! I think you will find everyone here is super awesome! 

Thank you very much sirs !!

Just a biologist. Yea, don't know what I'm doing on a tech forum either?

Awesome, thanks again! Sorry to be a pain in the neck, just want to make sure I'm folding at 100%

No problem - glad to help!

Fold fold fold! Starting now too

Fold fold fold! Starting now too

Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

Will start folding as soon as I get my second rig up and going. Currently busy with tests so I can't start on it yet :( Build log might not be a possibility though since I don't actually have a camera and the dock for my iPhone 4 can't be used for connecting to my PC anymore(still chargeable so I'm lucky :p)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Well i am slowly getting back up there im in the top 50 again.  :lol:

Will start folding as soon as I get my second rig up and going. Currently busy with tests so I can't start on it yet :( Build log might not be a possibility though since I don't actually have a camera and the dock for my iPhone 4 can't be used for connecting to my PC anymore(still chargeable so I'm lucky :P)

Look forward to having you join! You can also just post your rig specs. Don't needs pics if you if can't get them.