Important reminder

xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420BlazeIt

Just a quick reminder that in the real world (outside of mainstream employment and education) people care about who you know and word of mouth recommendations. Not which college you went to and what grades you got.

I didn't know you were still around

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

My father runs his own company, and he told me that he would never hire a person with top grades in everything. Simply because they lack social skill. (Just in a rough statement. Ofc it depends on the individual person)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Arguably the college you attend can provide you with either better or worse people who you will end up knowing. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Arguably the college you attend can provide you with either better or worse people who you will end up knowing. 

Yes that is what makes private educations and the top universities and colleges worth it and so meaningful.

Just a quick reminder that in the real world (outside of mainstream employment and education) people care about who you know and word of mouth recommendations. Not which college you went to and what grades you got.

Well partially true. I have my fair share of confrontations with bosses with a ... how should I put it, boner for people from certain colleges/universities. Yes, a blind favoritism to them, with that kind of blind recommendation/referral its hard to compete/get in the door.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I didn't know you were still around

I got a warning/temp ban for offending somebody with a status update even though no name was mentioned. The mods are collectively dumb. I dont think ive had a warning message that hasnt had obvious spelling or grammar mistakes.

I also only come here because I havent deleted it from my bookmarks toolbar yet. Ive also got less time at home. I took a job at work that requires me to stay on site for around 60 hours per week.

I got a warning/temp ban for offending somebody with a status update even though no name was mentioned. The mods are collectively dumb. I dont think ive had a warning message that hasnt had obvious spelling or grammar mistakes.

I also only come here because I havent deleted it from my bookmarks toolbar yet. Ive also got less time at home. I took a job at work that requires me to stay on site for around 60 hours per week.

I agree.

I got a warning point for telling someone to use google to look for an image. THEY EVEN THANKED ME FOR THE ADVICE, but said they already tried it.

Some people also need to grow a spine.

I've also had less time to spend here as of late, I got school and crap.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I agree.

I got a warning point for telling someone to use google to look for an image. THEY EVEN THANKED ME FOR THE ADVICE, but said they already tried it.

Some people also need to grow a spine.

I've also had less time to spend here as of late, I got school and crap.

The problem is the mods.

They are convinced that the forum itself needs more moderation than simply removing spam and self promotion.

The problem is the mods.

They are convinced that the forum itself needs more moderation than simply removing spam and self promotion.

I agree a lot of threads tend to be locked for the reason that they are "pointless" even though a lot of attention has been given to it by members. Many of which are in the Off topic section, i understand that the threads may not be the most intelligent of discussions but users should be able to decide themselves if a thread is worth it or not,

Yet you still find those companies that go "Oh you didn't graduate from (insert Ivy League school), you're obviously dumb."

Idiots. Blithering idiots.

The problem is the mods.

it1FvZ4.jpg

If you're in Canada studying engineering, that doesn't seem to be true. If you went to U of T, Waterloo, Queens, UBC, people are going to recognize you went to one of the big engineering universities, unless you get a job outside of Canada. Also coop programs are helpful. Waterloo, seems to be the best at that.

I'm like really young but I think about my future a lot and this has really got me thinking. Thank you!

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I know so guys who have topped in their fucking class in college but haven't landed a job since they crammed shit and weren't actually social and intelligent....

That happens quite a lot. 

In fact my boss told me after I was hired that they threw out all of the applicants with 3.8 GPA or higher because they assumed those people lack social skills, and often lack real world experience.

3.3GPA FTW!!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I can say that in digital arts field, this is really true, but more dependent on your portfolio than your connections. i know guys who never went to a school, and yet work at the likes of DICE, Blizzard, TreyArch...

Its all about the skills, not the papers

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

That happens quite a lot. 

In fact my boss told me after I was hired that they threw out all of the applicants with 3.8 GPA or higher because they assumed those people lack social skills, and often lack real world experience.

3.3GPA FTW!!

Don't mean to be a downer but your boss isn't going to say the 3.8 and > GPA's turned his not so great offer down.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Don't mean to be a downer but your boss isn't going to say the 3.8 and > GPA's turned his not so great offer down.

It's possible, but from the 4.0's Ive met, they are not exactly great team members. Great students without doubt, but usually not employees.

FWIW my experience is limited to Engineering students/graduates.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It's not what you know, it's who you know. It has been like this since forever.  It's not the university that gives you a good education, it's the University that includes you in the old boys club.

This is true on all sides of business, politics, religion and education.

Start getting to know people and blow sunshine up their arse if you want a chance in the big time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.