Should I get the OnePlus One?

I have just enough for a 64GB OnePlus One and since I can get it tomorrow, should I buy it?

For anyone who has the phone, how does the camera perform and how's the battery life? I was going to save up for a Nexus 6, but it looks too big and is twice the price of the OPO. 

-From the desk of Moose-

From looking at a few reviews online and the camera video from Tek Syndicate, I have to say its a compelling phone! 

I'd say go for it! :)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Heard good things from the OnePlus One. I also use CM on my phone and it's pretty good. I get some lag when turning the screen on but otherwise works well. Since the OnePlus is a supported device (whereas mine is a legacy custom rom and the last stable release was CM10) I doubt there'll be many issues. Theme engine is also pretty good.... I can't really think of any other CM features I actually use....

Fantastic buy, camera is great as well and the battery life is about 2 days with moderate usage but always at least a day.

Running liquidsmooth lollipop on a OnePlus One.

Hell yes

YEP I'M TOTALLY BUYING IT NOW

-From the desk of Moose-

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/251666-oneplus-starts-digging-ignores-all-rma-requests-for-one/

Don't go for it.

Unless you want the chance of getting a broken phone then being ignored....

With the recent news such as this, I wouldn't recommend the Oneplus One because just because the Oneplus One may be a great value, long term support/durability might not be as good as some other manufacturers. 

Yikes. Is this a common issue?

There are also plenty of users saying how good the customer service is. And there should be laws that can force companies to help anyone when their device arrives broken. No company should be able to get away with it.

The OPO is a great phone, great ROM, good specs, good speakers (bottom facing though) and a big display. The only downside is that the screen is a bit cold and black isn't that deep. Nothing dealbreaking though.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

There are also plenty of users saying how good the customer service is. And there should be laws that can force companies to help anyone when their device arrives broken. No company should be able to get away with it.

IMO, good customer service is more subjective than poor customer service. You can go to a restaurant and the waiter can get you everything you want, and I wouldn't say that that is good customer service, that's just something I would expect. Whereas, if the waiter forgets some of your order, it's agreeable that customer service isn't good. So, just take all the positive comments, be it 5 star reviews on newegg, yelp etc. with a grain of salt, it's the negative reviews that really define a product and its company as well as how they deal with defects and such. 

The OPO is a great phone, great ROM, good specs, good speakers (bottom facing though) and a big display. The only downside is that the screen is a bit cold and black isn't that deep. Nothing dealbreaking though.

The speaker is terrible, it doesn't get very loud and distorts heavily at higher volumes compared to my Nexus 5.  Not to mention the strange behavior of the audio chip when playing music through BT in my car.  Trebuchet launcher is terrible, I immediately replaced it with GNL, and the screen is awfully cold, to the point where it started bothering me.  I held my Nexus 5 up to my Korean 1440p monitors while displaying the same picture from an anime, and the Nexus 5 actually got pretty close (a little warm), the OPO had really obvious cold colors.  I can't quantify that so I can't exactly tell you to believe me...but yeah.  I was not satisfied with the OPO at all.

The only thing it had going for it was a pretty good battery life, which was to be expected.  But whatever, the above is my opinion, maybe none of these things matter to people buying it.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I have just enough for a 64GB OnePlus One and since I can get it tomorrow, should I buy it?

For anyone who has the phone, how does the camera perform and how's the battery life? I was going to save up for a Nexus 6, but it looks too big and is twice the price of the OPO. 

It's an excellent phone. I absolutely love mine. Camera is amazing, especially with 4K video, and the battery life is absolutely mind blowing. I could not kill it in a day no matter how hard I try. 

The speaker is terrible, it doesn't get very loud and distorts heavily at higher volumes compared to my Nexus 5.  Not to mention the strange behavior of the audio chip when playing music through BT in my car.

I'm pretty sure you just got a bad unit, because the speaker in mine was LOUD with little distortion even at max volume (though it did sound tinny as with most phone speakers). It also worked perfectly fine streaming music over BT to my car stereo.

"Rawr XD"

It's an excellent phone. I absolutely love mine. Camera is amazing, especially with 4K video, and the battery life is absolutely mind blowing. I could not kill it in a day no matter how hard I try. 

I'm pretty sure you just got a bad unit, because the speaker in mine was LOUD with little distortion even at max volume (though it did sound tinny as with most phone speakers). It also worked perfectly fine streaming music over BT to my car stereo.

If I did get a bad unit I'm glad I sold it off to someone who needed a phone instead of trying to RMA, after this recent fiasco.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Well, I just got an invite right now, so I will be giving away one or two invites as soon as I get them.  :)

-From the desk of Moose-

I also have the OnePlus One, and love it. Battery life in my experience is fantastic, I manage 2 full days of heavy use and find myself purposely trying to run it out of battery on the third day of normal use, often still has about 20% left. I find the camera to be good (I'm no camera expert by any stretch) and the ability to save RAW (I know, coming in Android L anyways) is great if you like to take your photos into your editing software afterwords. Camera shutter is pretty fast, almost as quick as the iPhone and much faster than say the Nexus 4 (Not sure how the 5 compares to that). Screen is brilliant, I don't find mine to be cold at all, just my experience though. I've also found customer support to be good, I contacted them about a charger and they responded within 24 hours and did so for the following 4 messages.

Then to the software, I've said on the forum here before that I thought I could never move away from stock Android, then I decided to take the plunge for the OnePlus after receiving an invite, and now I don't think I could move away from Cyanogen! The amount of customisability is fantastic, and if your not in to that sort of thing then no need to touch it either, it's just great to be able to have options. 

Any more questions ask away, I would be happy to answer, as would many others here!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications