Fuck you Valve!

Camul

To echo what @Camul  has stated,  Valve is highly overrated, their customer support is decent but as a platform there are some serious glaring omissions!

Firstly, Steam itself is a buggy mess, it's constantly offline and goes down at the worst possible times. Yeah there are a lot of cool features that other platforms don't have but they barely work.

The only reason Steam has risen to the place that it is right now is because the summer sales. IMHO

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

U mad brah? Also it's steam, or origin. Considering it took a few years to make origin actually work, I'd say steam is better. 

Aww you must be young, weren't around when Steam came about were ya.

Steam is death, apparently.  

I can say that when steam first launched there was blood in the streets and gamers (including myself) screaming bloody murder. but you gotta admit, steam did trail blaze the digital gaming market for all platforms to follow, and have done it better than anyone else to date. I personally believe that Steam has single-handedly reduced game piracy on PC by a greater factor than all other DRM (past, present, future) combined. people don't crack steam games, they crack the disc versions. 

BE-crying_in_my_beer_button_busy_beaver_

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I never had issues with Valve, maybe it's because I don't play Valve games....

Seriously, I have no idea how anyone can defend this company anymore. With all of the money that they have, you'd think that they would actually put fucking effort into things. Their customer support is the worst I have EVER encountered, taking days to get a reply that's copy and pasted, often taking multiple tickets to solve a single fucking issue. Their policies are rediclulous, so if you get items stolen from you, or a glitch with their service causes you to sell an $100 item for $1 you're shit out of luck. Your account stolen and it got banned? Fuck you too! Let's start on their usless peice of shit that is VAC too. Guess what Valve, people want you to find ways to prevent cheating. Banning them a month down the line is fucking useless, because they just create a new account and start cheating again. The amount of resources they put into CS:GO is fucking pathetic for it's size. The game is fucking full of bugs, needs tweeks/balances and better servers. Nope, fuck all of that stuff. We got music kits! Something that let's you customise the music in the game, which fucking NOBODY plays with, because it makes it harder to hear footsteps. Maybe put some effort and money into your current services and products intead of an OS almost nobody fucking cares about. Seriously, I'm dissapointed that GTA V isn't on Origin, I'd be happy to make that my primary platform now, because I very much doubt Valve will ever turn their shit around.

In my experience, the customer support was more than decent. Not saying that you did as following, but alot of people don't know how you should fill in a ticket though. Grammar and humility are often set aside.

CS:GO is a hit. Face it. (mind the pun) Ofcourse they're going to hit as much money out of it as they possibly can. I do agree that the fact that you can get a new copy of CS:GO for 3 cs:go keys of some Russian game dealers (these are legit copies) and start all over again is simply stupid, but finding a system that correctly filters out the bad guys from the right, is something that takes time. Although the community has thrown alot of suggestions, it has to be benefitial for all parties. The players, the game, and the corporal wallets.

If you want to support the uprising against these hackers, in JackFrag's video from like a month ago he has been talking about a sort of premium server system, look in to that.

Everyone defends valve/steam like it's their own child, if something is legitiamtely broken must be user error. From what i can tell either the so called lord and savior Gaben has sucked everyone on this forum off or fucking payed them to mindlessly follow Valve and steam through anything. The pricing system is fucked up, customer service is shite, the application struggles with the most minute of tasks and the whole thing is just fucking awful.

Seriously, I have no idea how anyone can defend this company anymore. With all of the money that they have, you'd think that they would actually put fucking effort into things. Their customer support is the worst I have EVER encountered, taking days to get a reply that's copy and pasted, often taking multiple tickets to solve a single fucking issue. Their policies are rediclulous, so if you get items stolen from you, or a glitch with their service causes you to sell an $100 item for $1 you're shit out of luck. Your account stolen and it got banned? Fuck you too! Let's start on their usless peice of shit that is VAC too. Guess what Valve, people want you to find ways to prevent cheating. Banning them a month down the line is fucking useless, because they just create a new account and start cheating again. The amount of resources they put into CS:GO is fucking pathetic for it's size. The game is fucking full of bugs, needs tweeks/balances and better servers. Nope, fuck all of that stuff. We got music kits! Something that let's you customise the music in the game, which fucking NOBODY plays with, because it makes it harder to hear footsteps. Maybe put some effort and money into your current services and products intead of an OS almost nobody fucking cares about. Seriously, I'm dissapointed that GTA V isn't on Origin, I'd be happy to make that my primary platform now, because I very much doubt Valve will ever turn their shit around.

sell an $100 item for $1 you're shit out of luck. Your account stolen and it got banned? Fuck you too!  Well the first one doesn't sound like a glitch. It sounds like you made a decision you now regret. For the second one, use a passphrase. And for my opinion about Origin... well look at my profile picture.

Space is pretty awesome.

Seriously, I'm dissapointed that GTA V isn't on Origin, I'd be happy to make that my primary platform now, because I very much doubt Valve will ever turn their shit around.

Maybe if you ask Ubisoft really nicely they'll put GTA V on Uplay for ya :D

this thread=my fair share of chuckles this evening

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Steam just happens, by far, to have the most customers...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Oh the Steam fanboys, My Eyes!!!

Seriously guys, steam /valve isn't perfect, everything has flaws.

The fanboyism disturbs me.

To echo what @Camul  has stated,  Valve is highly overrated, their customer support is decent but as a platform there are some serious glaring omissions!

Firstly, Steam itself is a buggy mess, it's constantly offline and goes down at the worst possible times. Yeah there are a lot of cool features that other platforms don't have but they barely work.

The only reason Steam has risen to the place that it is right now is because the summer sales. IMHO

Compleltey forgot about the performance issues. Probably because I rarley use Steam anymore.

In my experience, the customer support was more than decent. Not saying that you did as following, but alot of people don't know how you should fill in a ticket though. Grammar and humility are often set aside.

CS:GO is a hit. Face it. (mind the pun) Ofcourse they're going to hit as much money out of it as they possibly can. I do agree that the fact that you can get a new copy of CS:GO for 3 cs:go keys of some Russian game dealers (these are legit copies) and start all over again is simply stupid, but finding a system that correctly filters out the bad guys from the right, is something that takes time. Although the community has thrown alot of suggestions, it has to be benefitial for all parties. The players, the game, and the corporal wallets.

If you want to support the uprising against these hackers, in JackFrag's video from like a month ago he has been talking about a sort of premium server system, look in to that.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I was probably going to go into something like FaceIt once I got to a higher skill level anyway.

sell an $100 item for $1 you're shit out of luck. Your account stolen and it got banned? Fuck you too!  Well the first one doesn't sound like a glitch. It sounds like you made a decision you now regret. For the second one, use a passphrase. And for my opinion about Origin... well look at my profile picture.

It's a glitch that lists a seperate item to the one it was supposed to. Considering I've had many issues with items just not appearing, or items appearing as something else (obvious when a skin looks like a mission drop or a case), it's not very difficult to see how it could happen. Also, I use two step authentication on everything that supports it, that doesn't mean my accounts can't be stolen. It's a bad idea to belive you're untouchable.

I think the error I get constantly describes how good steam is.

"Error: Steam can't start in offline mode because Steam can't connect to the internet."

Yeah...

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

the reason this happens is that valve employees get to work on whatever they feel like, so long as they work on something. its not uncommon for people to jusst move their desks and/or chair to another game and start working with them. this means quality work since people work on what they klike, but means that there could be far less people on cs:go than say, dota2. it's got its flaws, but i sitll like them. their philosophy has flaws and advantages, but the advantages lsightly outweigh the flaws.

I know how Vale works, I read the handbook, but they surely make more than enough to be able outsource the development of the game.

Valve's customer service is awful, but my experiences with origin have been much worse than anything with steam.