H440 vs 450D

Hi , Im about to buy myself a new case to remplace my noisy HAF 912.

Wich one of this combinaison do you recommand ?

Nzxt H440 & Noctua NHD-15 (air cooler)    or

Corsair 450D & Corsair H110 (water cooler).

I will overclock the Cpu with the asus 5 way optimisation software and run 2 asus gtx 970 strix in my next build.

ps : sorry for the grammar i dont use my english often :D  .

NZXT H440: Beautiful and Clean design, Silence , Horrible airflow (unless you are willing to spend 100-120$ on noctua fans).

Corsair 450D: Beatiful and Clean design, a little noisier then H440 but still silent, Good airflow, no PSU shroud.

They are both good cases but for that budget i will keep recommending the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. For a 100$ you can't get anything better.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

NZXT H440: Beautiful and Clean design, Silence , Horrible airflow (unless you are willing to spend 100-120$ on noctua fans).

Corsair 450D: Beatiful and Clean design, a little noisier then H440 but still silent, Good airflow, no PSU shroud.

They are both good cases but for that budget i will keep recommending the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. For a 100$ you can't get anything better.

It's not good but the airflow in the H440 is by no means horrible. 

h440 looks milesbetter and hides everythig but ssds and mobo i love it much more than my 750d which looks like the 450d

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

It's not good but the airflow in the H440 is by no means horrible. 

The H440 has around 90 square centimers of air intake. So yeah thats pretty horrible when compared to something like a enthoo pro that has got more then double. The air intake is sufficient on the h440 , but it won't give you alot of headroom in terms of overclocking. 

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Do you know if 970 in Sli will strave for air in the H440 since i want to overclock them a little ?

Because sometime next year i will buy a 4k monitor and i dont want my system to be *bottleneck* by my case.

The H440 have a very nice look with those 2 SSD in the front !

Do you know if 970 in Sli will strave for air in the H440 since i want to overclock them a little ?

Because sometime next year i will buy a 4k monitor and i dont want my system to be *bottleneck* by my case.

The H440 have a very nice look with those 2 SSD in the front !

you'll be just fine with an SLI setup (reference would be best) with the H440. as

long as the front fans are less than 75 CFM the front panel is not that intrusive.

using non-reference (example: STRIX) will dump the exhaust back into the case

making is more difficult to keep the cards cool (in any case). but if you were to

use the roof fans as intake (purchasing filters for them) then any card will be

fine in SLI/CFX.

Do you want completely silent with a bit less airflow or mostly silent with lots of airflow?

Which do you like the look of better? That should be the deciding factor between the two because they're both great cases.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I like the H440 more than the 450D but im worried about the temps of my gpu.

But i think i might end up with the H440 :P Got to show those Samsung 840 evo ahah.

As a H440 owner the airflow is pretty disappointing. Removing the top and front panels results in around a 5-7 degree drop and allows my fans to run much slower. I'd go with the Phanteks Enthoo Pro if I had the choice over again.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans