what can you tell me of "SSAA" antialiasing ?

i see it in the new Tomb Raider (i think is a new antialiasing)

all new games that come will bring it ?

i see that the FXAA is in all new games to

are these new antialiasing from Nvidia or AMD ? (or intel ?... lol)

thanks  :lol:

super sampling is when you take a picture, strech it 4 times or so and then put it back in normal size. with that you achieve soft edges with no stair lines. its very efficient but also demanding. 

FXAA is the newest form of antialiasing, and SSAA is the oldest

SSAA is a system tanker, and in my opinion not worth the performance hit.

I also recommend this video:

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

FXAA is the newest form of antialiasing, and SSAA is the oldest

SSAA is a system tanker, and in my opinion not worth the performance hit.

I also recommend this video:

haha linus is awesome :)

i think that any aliasing is waste of processing power and latency FXAA and MSAA have weaks spots too                                   cant wait for 4k screens to hit the market... no AA needed ( or at least aliasing will not be visible ). even 1440p is noticable difference. 

haha linus is awesome :)

i think that any aliasing is waste of processing power and latency FXAA and MSAA have weaks spots too cant wait for 4k screens to hit the market... no AA needed ( or at least aliasing will not be visible ). even 1440p is noticable difference. 

Then we just need the VRam to power it.

But both the performance hit, and the noticable picture lag is a reason not to turn on any sort of AA in my opinion.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i just finish my tests, and i have to say... FXAA is inferior to 2x SSAA and not that big impact to performance as i expect (by the way, all three tests looks "amazingly awesome", here are the numbers)

Tomb Raider Benchmark (all at max and TressFX activated)

1x FXAA - 54,1 (min 42,0 / max 60,0) - (this is the only FXAA option available on Tomb Raider)

2x SSAA - 46,7 (min 34,0 / max 60,0) - (amazing, just amazing, if you can, use it)

4x SSAA - 38,9 (min 30,0 / max 48.0) - (here impact on performance is to big, and looks equal to 2x SSAA, still amazing)

super sampling is when you take a picture, strech it 4 times or so and then put it back in normal size. with that you achieve soft edges with no stair lines. its very efficient but also demanding. 

How is it efficient if it's that demanding?

How is it efficient if it's that demanding?

efficient at blurring edges, but demanding for hardware. FXAA MSAA cannot compare to it.

i just finish my tests, and i have to say... FXAA is inferior to 2x SSAA and not that big impact to performance as i expect (by the way, all three tests looks "amazingly awesome", here are the numbers)

Tomb Raider Benchmark (all at max and TressFX activated)

1x FXAA - 54,1 (min 42,0 / max 60,0) - (this is the only FXAA option available on Tomb Raider)

2x SSAA - 46,7 (min 34,0 / max 60,0) - (amazing, just amazing, if you can, use it)

4x SSAA - 38,9 (min 30,0 / max 48.0) - (here impact on performance is to big, and looks equal to 2x SSAA, still amazing)

Good benchmarks. They are very useful to do the users who would like maximum performance. I usually game with fxaa or 2x ssaa.

SSAA looks amazing. It really is not an option on modern games, though. It's basically equivalent to making your resolution larger.

SSAA looks amazing. It really is not an option on modern games, though. It's basically equivalent to making your resolution larger.

true it does, after play "the entire game" on FXAA i was "completely sure" that this game can not look better, big mistake lol

2x SSAA looks amaizingy better

i remember see AMD talk about this great improve (on 2x SSAA) in the Crysis 3 launch

but i don't have the game, so i can not test it, now i see 

i hope all games bring 2x SSAA in the future, and i hear that the new Metro LL have it too

remember the time when 8x AA was the max ?  :lol:

a good alternative to using AA is running the game at a higher resolution, then down sample it to your native monitor resolution, it is possible with a lot of games i have found, and the hit on performance seems less than using AA (even though down sampling is a form of AA), and it looks sharper too.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

It means super sample anti aliasing. Basically it doubles your resolution in effect, (beyond your monitor's native max) then scales that image down in the output step. It doesn't take more GPU horsepower, all it takes is more VRAM.

I've been using it whenever possible.

If you have an Nvidia card you can have both SSAA and FXAA at the same time. If the game supports FXAA you can force 2560x1600 and scale it down in the Nvidia control panel and use FXAA in-game, and if your game supports SSAA you can force FXAA in the Nvidia control panel simultaneously with the game's AA.

i hope all games bring 2x SSAA in the future, and i hear that the new Metro LL have it too

For Metro: LL it's better to force the super sampling in the Nvidia control panel, it's not very optimized in the game itself.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.