Glacer 240l fires

makery
Go to solution Solved by CM Norumu,

Okay everyone... I'm a dad who just received a cooler master glacer 240l from amazon for my daughters Christmas build... after the purchase I read that it catches fire... I have also read that the old version was replaced by a new one that has plug in power wires for the pump... I was sent the old kind..  Will this catch fire or is that a very rare and not to worry about it thing?  

:unsure:

According to our end, super low percentage of failures, even lower for those kind of failures. Glacer has been updated, though, with the fixes from Swiftech that included covering that situation.

Okay everyone... I'm a dad who just received a cooler master glacer 240l from amazon for my daughters Christmas build... after the purchase I read that it catches fire... I have also read that the old version was replaced by a new one that has plug in power wires for the pump... I was sent the old kind..  Will this catch fire or is that a very rare and not to worry about it thing?  

This is the build it is cooling....  if i do have to keep it and it catches fire will cooler master or amazon replace everything?

corsair 780t

corsair rm1000

intel 5930k

crucial ballistic 2400 32g

240g ssd

wd black 2tb

gtx 980... waiting for the 8gb version if possible... she wants that one?? whats the difference to 4gb??

and stickers shock at what it is costing me!!!

Doubt it

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

This is the build it is cooling....  if i do have to keep it and it catches fire will cooler master or amazon replace everything?

corsair 780t

corsair rm1000

intel 5930k

240g ssd

wd black 2tb

If it catches fire then you will not let everything else go up in flames. Whether or not everything gets replaced i'm not too sure about. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

My god does your daughter render 5 1200p videos at once???

My sister would be happy with a 7850K or something.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

corsair 780t

corsair rm1000

intel 5930k

240g ssd

wd black 2tb

gtx 980... waiting for the 8gb version if possible... she wants that one?? whats the difference to 4gb??

Amazon will replace everything. Why does your daughter need 32gb of ram and a 5930k? Just curious.

^ This. I'd love the 980 8GB.... And a 1440p monitor with a 120-144Hz.

On topic: This will most likely not happen, it is probably VERY rare, and I think if it caught fire and damaged another component making it useless, and probably will replace it with the damaged part.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

corsair 780t

corsair rm1000

intel 5930k

240g ssd

wd black 2tb

Can you adobt me? :D

On topic: it should be very unlikely that it will catch on fire, if it does youll get a replacement one.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

According to our end, super low percentage of failures, even lower for those kind of failures. Glacer has been updated, though, with the fixes from Swiftech that included covering that situation.

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

I bet she video edits and screen caps while playing crysis on ultra!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

My daughter is taking game art at a local university. This is what she is or will be doing according to the schools website." Game art is an integrated discipline that involves the process of designing art, content, and rules for traditional and interactive multisensory games."   She wants to be the person who makes the characters for games..  She has an Asus G73 or 75? gaming laptop but it bogs down or hangs up or whatever it is call when she does her drawings and make them move.. She mostly plays skyrim but not at the same time. .

I thank everyone who has responded to this... I guess I will go with the cooler I received if cooler master will not trade this one up to the updated version.  I watch a linus tech tip video that said ram was important for content creation so I went for broke... and yeah.. now I am broke.  So glad she doesn't like cars or car modding.

I had two Swiftech H220's (twin sibling of the Glacer 240L) fail on me within a timeframe of...one month (including the turn-around times with RMA, etc). Both combined had a total run-time usage of less than a few hours. The issue were due to pump failure. It may have been how the power connection to the pump was designed; I don't know. It was a know problem on the H220's -- my fault for getting the H220 and not it's bother, the Glacer 240L.

I'm certain this issue was resolved in the CoolerMaster Glacer 240L. It was one of the major change differences between the two near-identical units.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

@makery

One case of fire is an anomaly. Two cases is a design flaw. I personally would not risk. New design, old design. Doesn't matter. I would not want to risk it. Return it and get a different model. I love Cooler Master, I own many of their products including Coolers, both air and water. But this is not a product I would want in my family member's hands, let alone a house. For peace of mind alone, please get a different cooler.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Your more likely to win the lotto then have your CPU cooler catch fire so don't worry about it but it still could happen

If you don't want to get that cooler anymore get a corsair h100i

Nepton 280l is better

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro