[NOT TRUE] Assassin's Creed Unity XB1 version has better textures than the PC

thewhitestig

What a nice helmet. 

10704401_728750533873370_827449963961132

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Let me put it to you this way. The library is closed. All these games look and work like @$%^. Case closed. Not buying any game with "games works" attached to the title that has an Nvidia tech demo. These games look and run WAY better on PC at E3 when they are demoed, than after they get Games Works. I just cancelled a CE edition Witcher 3. 

Sony demoed Batman on a PC at E3.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Batman-Arkham-Knight-E3-Footage-During-Sony-Conference-Was-Running-PC-64642.html

What happens if it comes out an unoptimized piece of crap. Will you learn then?

I literally just gave you an example and you still don't understand.

There's other titles that use Nvidia's proprietary effects and the games run like they're supposed to more-or-less. I'm not going to sit here and name everything for you because I shouldn't have to.

I removed the video due to the fact i know the PCMASTERRACE community is going to cause a storm. Therefore, would rather not deal with the headache.  B)

Probably for the best, lool

I could re-upload it on a personal account. Would you guys like that?

pls nav pls

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I literally just gave you an example and you still don't understand.

There's other titles that use Nvidia's proprietary effects and the games run like they're supposed to more-or-less. I'm not going to sit here and name everything for you because I shouldn't have to.

Probably for the best, lool

Like what? Daylight ran like crap. Both Ubisoft games ran like crap. In fact any game where Nvidia Games Works is used for the CORE of the game and not just added on effects? Runs like total crap, looks like total crap even on Nvidia hardware.

Two Games Works games. One went all in with games works, one didn't.

Lords of the Fallen? Better at higher MSAA on AMD than Nvidia (duh it has higher bandwidth) when Physx is off.

AC Unity? Runs like crap on everything. AMD performance crippled. 

Any game touting TXAA? You can pretty much be assured it is going to be optimized horribly and run like crap and have AMD be crippled. TXAA is a budget AA and blurs the hell out of everything. Entire reason I cancelled my Witcher 3 order is their forum mod started raving about how awesome TXAA was. That is when I am out. I know what is coming. No MSAA is a failure. TXAA should never be used if you do not need MSAA because it would blur the better textures that need less AA. I never used TXAA on my GTX 770 cus it looked like GARBAGE. It literally looks like you smeared vaseline all over bad textures and go TA DA, "better".

My money is now going towards DA Inquisition. Cya "Games Works" titles.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I could re-upload it on a personal account. Would you guys like that?

Or you could re-upload it and disable comments if you don't wanna deal with PCMASTERRACE community. That would be a perfectly legit reason to do so. But taking it down doesn't make any sense. It does not have offensive content. You took the time to produce the video.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

This doesn't surprise me because it would explain all the complaints about the PC version running slower than it's looks warrant. I have it on Xbox One and I am really impressed by the graphics, so I figured if it looked that good on a ~7790 it must look awesome cranked up enough to get 40 FPS on a GTX 980....I guess not

It is surprising they didn't learn from Watch Dogs.

Nvidia should just stop supporting Ubisoft or SUE THEM HARD!

I hope the PC side isn't on Ultra... tell me it's low please....

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

In process of re-uploading now. Will embed here then the OP can fix the original post.

Please make sure that those settings were cranked up to the maximum. Cause the difference is so huge that it's unbelievable. 

In process of re-uploading now. Will embed here then the OP can fix the original post.

Thank you.

Ubisoft execs needs to understand it is not okay for them to continue doing this.

And the best way to do this is informing consumers to protest with their wallets.

The important thing is to know what settings were used on PC... I dont think PC at Ultra would look worse than XB1. They wouldn't be so dumb. Or would they?

I'm done. It's not even funny anymore. Ubisoft is intentionally doing this stuff and it really is an insult to are general intelligence. Did they expect us not to notice? We literally have people lining up at stores to put a percentage of their paycheck to get this 'great' new game only to find this mess. They deserve what ever comes to them. 

The important thing is to know what settings were used on PC... I dont think PC at Ultra would look worse than XB1. They wouldn't be so dumb. Or would they?

This is on ultra. They did this on purpose to sell consoles.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Multiple people on neoGAF saying it looks like the one on the left on PC so it probably is NOT ultra or some other issue.

Doesn't look this bad on mine. I'm only on high textures, not 'ultra high'

Are they sure they used higher texture settings?

I got past that part of the game but I don't recall it looking like that at all. I'm pretty sure I would of noticed and got pissed off if the textures looked that bad.

Here are some of my own screenshots, completely maxed with TXAA, HBAO+ and PCSS @1080p:

OuHeFJr.pngBh2vZn5.pngfVFXdhy.pngm4FRtc9.png

It looks really good IMHO and I am impressed. With everything maxed on a single GTX 980 SC I am getting 35-55fps and honestly it feels very smooth and fluid.

I got past that part of the game but I don't recall it looking like that at all. I'm pretty sure I would of noticed and got pissed off if the textures looked that bad.

Here are some of my own screenshots, completely maxed with TXAA, HBAO+ and PCSS @1080p:

OuHeFJr.pngBh2vZn5.pngfVFXdhy.pngm4FRtc9.png

It looks really good IMHO and I am impressed. With everything maxed on a single GTX 980 SC I am getting 35-55fps and honestly it feels very smooth and fluid.

The textures look so bad.  I may be spoiled by modded skyrim but this is unacceptable.

Thread should be closed, its just FUD now really.  Plenty of other threads to shit on Ubisoft for valid reasons, no need to make any up.