Moved to PC from Console

whiplash4

I just wanted to say that I have converted from the awful world of console gaming and have switched to the dark (but oh so awesome) world of PC gaming!

I have played consoles my entire life and PC sparingly (never had a gaming PC until now). I bought BF4 a year ago on xbox360 and since I had the 4GB crappy walmart xbox it was unable to allow for me to play the game because you can only download game content to xbox official hard drive. This meant spending hundreds on a freaking game. Here is how much it would have cost me:

$70 for game

$50 for premium

$60 for Xbox live annually

$110 for xbox official hard drive (believe this is lowest cost)

TOTAL: $290 for a freaking game *SCAM* 

So I boycotted console gaming, returned the game, cancelled xbox live and will not pay a single penny to them. I have saved up for a year (using some of the money I would have spent on console) and now have a fantastic gaming rig. Yes Microsoft still taxes me with windows, but i get it for $15 b/c i am a student. 

Anyways, I just wanted to share my story of why i switched to PC. I know i will never turn back to the money pit of console gaming. People ask "are you xbox or playstation" and I can now laugh with pride and say "neither"! 

Anyone who says console gaming is cheaper is brain dead and is unable to calculate the long term investment.

Welcome to the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race!

ccc.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Thank you for sharing how you feel without using all that PC master race crap. It's sooo annoying when people over use it.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'd love to see the specs of this rig. Thanks for posting and enjoy the community! 

Fun fact: When something goes wrong with console, it's either impossible to fix yourself or it violates a giant BS warranty for trying to do so. If something goes wrong with PC, most likely, all of your parts have warranties and can be replaced if it's defective/DOA.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Thank you for sharing how you feel without using all that PC master race crap. It's sooo annoying when people over use it.

I find it humorous. ^^

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Consoles are cheaper up front, but are far more expensive after the initial investment. PC is the exact opposite. As someone who loves modding games for fun, the very idea of having to pay to use someone else's stuff is silly.

Welcome to the PCMR and, most importantly, to the forums! Enjoy your stay.

What is premium? and why did u have to pay $70 for a game i thought it was $60 in america :S

What is premium? and why did u have to pay $70 for a game i thought it was $60 in america :S

premium offers all the DLC for a game at a "discounted price". Its $70 after tax.

premium offers all the DLC for a game at a "discounted price". Its $70 after tax.

You still have to pay for premium on pc....

You still have to pay for premium on pc....

Yes, but it goes on sale more often for us PC folk. Right now it's 29.99

I'd love to see the specs of this rig. Thanks for posting and enjoy the community! 

Fun fact: When something goes wrong with console, it's either impossible to fix yourself or it violates a giant BS warranty for trying to do so. If something goes wrong with PC, most likely, all of your parts have warranties and can be replaced if it's defective/DOA.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GfvmQ7

Not a fan of razer personally due to the quality of their plastics (their sensors are amazing though) but overall it's looking pretty solid. I dig. 

Destroys my current rig, which I want to drop an Fx 6350 into.

welcome to the masterrace you poor refugee

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not a fan of razer personally due to the quality of their plastics (their sensors are amazing though) but overall it's looking pretty solid. I dig. 

Destroys my current rig, which I want to drop an Fx 6350 into.

Yeah, a lot of people say they don't like Razer. I have the Deathadder and it is best mouse I've ever owned. I want the Blackwidow chroma stealth (a couple more days) to match the mouse (the RGB LEDs are sweet). I heard the Razer brand Orange switches are basically rebranded Chinese made Cherry Browns. I personally don't care about who manufactured them, as long as the feel the same, which almost every review states they cannot tell difference.

Anyone who says console gaming is cheaper is brain dead and is unable to calculate the long term investment.

This!

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I love the PC. Games are cheaper, and the games that are free are a lot better. I can get better graphics and better framerates. and i dont need to beg off microsoft and sony by paying subscription fees

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

ccc.jpg

How do i convince my friends ( sweaty PS4 gamers) that PC is better. They think that console is cheaper and have never tried a gaming PC

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

I just wanted to say that I have converted from the awful world of console gaming and have switched to the dark (but oh so awesome) world of PC gaming!

I have played consoles my entire life and PC sparingly (never had a gaming PC until now). I bought BF4 a year ago on xbox360 and since I had the 4GB crappy walmart xbox it was unable to allow for me to play the game because you can only download game content to xbox official hard drive. This meant spending hundreds on a freaking game. Here is how much it would have cost me:

$70 for game

$50 for premium

So I boycotted console gaming, returned the game, cancelled xbox live and will not pay a single penny to them. I have saved up for a year (using some of the money I would have spent on console) and now have a fantastic gaming rig. Yes Microsoft still taxes me with windows, but i get it for $15 b/c i am a student. 

Anyways, I just wanted to share my story of why i switched to PC. I know i will never turn back to the money pit of console gaming. People ask "are you xbox or playstation" and I can now laugh with pride and say "neither"! 

All i can say is congrats bro. the PC Master Race has your back! Keep playing and enjoy your time with us.

$70 for game

$50 for premium

What is your steam account?

Don't forget the free games:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/249438-gogs-autumn-sale-gives-out-free-mount-blade-and-the-witcher-2/

How do i convince my friends ( sweaty PS4 gamers) that PC is better. They think that console is cheaper and have never tried a gaming PC

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

fzuzso.png

Same shit again?

Yes, PC Mustard race, because console POTATOES play KetchUp.

You bending over for peasant companies to f**k you in the wallet makes you no better than peasants.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Master PC Race = Fabio?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Its a nice rig, I'm not sure that an i7 and 16gb of ram is necessary for gaming. Just a suggestion if you wanted to put the funds into a 980 / save some money. If you're doing rendering and the like though, go ahead. Otherwise a good i5 and 8gb is plenty for gaming. Either way its a beastly rig. Congrats and enjoy.

Its a nice rig, I'm not sure that an i7 and 16gb of ram is necessary for gaming. Just a suggestion if you wanted to put the funds into a 980 / save some money. If you're doing rendering and the like though, go ahead. Otherwise a good i5 and 8gb is plenty for gaming. Either way its a beastly rig. Congrats and enjoy.

I will also be using the PC for workstation type applications as well. I am in engineering so I am a huge tab monster when browsing and it is possible that I may utilize some 3D design programs for work, so I'd prefer to have the extra room if necessary - plus I like the option to keep these programs running while gaming as well. 

Thanks for the post.