Advanced warfare is unplayable

KieranFretwell

For the past 3 days i have been in live chats and phone calls with activision trying to get this problem solved, and i feel like i know more about what they are talking about than what they do themselves. I had 3 problems 1. It kept saying i have no internet connection when trying to play multiplayer (which i finally fixed no thanks to their support) 2. When i play the game my CPU and ram usage go to max load 3. the textures do not load at all even when i have them on max settings. My computer runs every game i have ever played fine apart from this one. I just want to know some of your ideas on what i should try to either fix or find the cause to my problems because i cant see any reason for the game to run so sh*t. 

More info: I hit the 90 FPS limit when i play, it does not lag/freeze until i move and here is a screenshot of how my game looks on max settings:

post-66710-0-21309900-1415479677_thumb.j

It does not run well on PS3 either :(

They REALLY want you to play the game on PS4 or Xbone I think

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

To fix the texture issue turn of the caching options under graphics. Could you screenshot Task Manager while the game is running? Since you have multiple monitors you should open Task Manager on one and launch the game and see at what point CPU/RAM usage starts flying off the handle.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I have a similar problem although not as bad as yours. Whenever I turn on supersample it starts to look just like your screenshot.

Did you try running it on 1 monitor ?

I have a similar problem although not as bad as yours. Whenever I turn on supersample it starts to look just like your screenshot.

Did you try running it on 1 monitor ?

I have tried with only 1 monitor plugged in and without supersampling. 

Wait, isn't that what textures look like normally? ;) sure wouldn't be surprised considering texture quality in previous cods... also dem plygons on dat rock xD

The solution is simple, stop buying games upon release and only get them if people report it works well and is actually a good game. Better yet, stop giving money to a franchise that's been a series of half-ass reskin cashgrabs for the last 10 years. I've seen about 10 posts about issues with cod:aw in the last 20 minutes. Activision has the goose that lays golden eggs atm, unless it stops making eggs there's no reason to feed it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

To fix the texture issue turn of the caching options under graphics. Could you screenshot Task Manager while the game is running? Since you have multiple monitors you should open Task Manager on one and launch the game and see at what point CPU/RAM usage starts flying off the handle.

I will try that, and i will take a task manager screenshot and i know the only time the usage goes high is when i actually move. I can look around fine without it lagging its just when i move. 

Wait, isn't that what textures look like normally? ;) sure wouldn't be surprised considering texture quality in previous cods... also dem plygons on dat rock xD

The solution is simple, stop buying games upon release and only get them if people report it works well and is actually a good game. Better yet, stop giving money to a franchise that's been a series of half-ass reskin cashgrabs for the last 10 years. I've seen about 10 posts about issues with cod:aw in the last 20 minutes. Activision has the goose that lays golden eggs atm, unless it stops making eggs there's no reason to feed it.

I am not a cod fan, and i watched some guy called i think he was called totalbiscuit (maybe) on youtube do a "port report" and he said that it runs fine. The only reason i got the game is because i was bored and wanted a new game to play, i already have the majority of new games out. I expected it to run bad and have bugs but not be unplayable. 

I can't believe Activision has the balls to release a game..still since MW2. I'd return the game if you're unsatisfied with the gaming experience.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I can't believe Activision has the balls to release a game..still since MW2. I'd return the game if you're unsatisfied with the gaming experience.

I got it from G2A so i am not sure how to go about a return/refund

So weird how this works for some and not others. The caches are enabled, all maxed out, and worked perfect from the first launch.

I really did not expect anything like this, i thought it might have a few hiccups but not what i am experiencing. 

I am not a cod fan, and i watched some guy called i think he was called totalbiscuit (maybe) on youtube do a "port report" and he said that it runs fine. The only reason i got the game is because i was bored and wanted a new game to play, i already have the majority of new games out. I expected it to run bad and have bugs but not be unplayable. 

totalbiscuit is reliable and very professional, but he has an epic pc with sli titans so his results on performance should be taken with a grain of salt

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I really did not expect anything like this, i thought it might have a few hiccups but not what i am experiencing. 

Does it work in the campaign? I never did multiplayer yet, did the campaign first as i am terrible on multiplayer. Every time there is someone behind me and killing me in a half a second.

Whats making it worse is the long loading time you need to wait after every little change you make in the settings. I wasted around 30min because of that when I first played it.

At one point activision support told me my graphics card is not made to be used with 3 monitors... 

Then  send me one :)

Maybe it's made for 2 :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

totalbiscuit is reliable and very professional, but he has an epic pc with sli titans so his results on performance should be taken with a grain of salt

SLI was not supported when he reviewed it.

AFIAK 780ti is faster then titan

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

SLI was not supported when he reviewed it.

AFIAK 780ti is faster then titan

Good point. Maybe TB got lucky, or the review version got a special treatment...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Good point. Maybe TB got lucky, or the review version got a special treatment...

I don't think he got a review version. He bought the day zero edition AFAIK

Thanks for that, turning off the caching stopped the intense lag when moving and i think fixed the textures. 

Is this what the textures are supposed to look like? Also my usage, my ram stays at about 7.5gb used when i turn the game on. The cpu load goes to 100% when im in the loading screen and when i am running around it keeps jumping from 70% load to 100% load until i stand still. 

post-66710-0-22987300-1415481509_thumb.j