Good program to get rid of old graphics drivers?

mat45

Hey guys it's me again. I have a question for you:

I am buying either a GTX 970 or a GTX 980 to replace my GTX 560 Ti.

I wanted to know what program I'd need to get rid completely of the old drivers in order to avoid any possible conflicts when I'll install the new GPU.

You tried GeForce experience? I don't know if that does, but it's to do with drivers.

Just run the built in uninstaller with the driver, via Control Panel.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Display Driver Uninstaller. It has superseded Driver Sweeper.

Remove the drivers through the control panel then run DDU in safe mode. Worked real good for me so far.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

You'll be fine if you just download the latest drivers from nvidia, and tick perform a clean install.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Display Driver Uninstaller. It has superseded Driver Sweeper.

Remove the drivers through the control panel then run DDU in safe mode. Worked real good for me so far.

This.

Food for thought --> Be mindful if you have an AMD CPU installed, so is AMD software, which also gets taken with DDU's AMD driver removal.

Apart from that one small thing, DDU is the best there is.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This.

Food for thought --> Be mindful if you have an AMD CPU installed, so is AMD software, which also gets taken with DDU's AMD driver removal.

Apart from that one small thing, DDU is the best there is.

the iGPU drivers for AMD APU's get wiped yes... CPU's don't have drivers.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

DDU for sure.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

the iGPU drivers for AMD APU's get wiped yes... CPU's don't have drivers.

AMD Chipset Drivers is obviously what I meant by the AMD CPU software that gets deleted by DDU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz