Does the Corsair h100i come with everything I need for watercooling?

Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

I was going to go for the h105, I have 240mm spare on the top of my case. Thanks for the input, th

I can assure you that you don't have 240mm space between your motherboard and top of your case.  240mm is the amount of fan space you have.  I'm talking about thickness of the radiator + fans.  The H105 is 63mm thick including fans.  The others are 52mm thick.  This is a big difference.  Measure before you buy anything that won't fit.

Yes.

I'd go with the h105 as its a slightly newer version of the h100i.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Plug and play

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The H100i is meant for CPU cooling so you're good. :)

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

You need support for that large of a cooler. And the h100i. 

yes, it comes with everything and more than enough mounting hardware to set it up in any configuration.

yes, it comes with everything and more than enough mounting hardware to set it up in any configuration.

Yes.

I'd go with the h105 as its a slightly newer version of the h100i.

Plug and play

The H100i is meant for CPU cooling so you're good. :)

Thank you!

You need support for that large of a cooler. And the h100i. 

What do you mean support, as in when I screw it into my case? 

Has all you need included, but I would recommend adding 4 smaller rubber washers/spacers as the fit can be slightly loose. Just put them on the bolt between the backplate and the mobo rear. I got a big reduction in temps (80°C to 65°C @ load 1.26v). Worth a look.

Thank you!

The case must be compatible.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I also don't see a reservoir for the water, so would I need one?

You need nothing more than what's included in the box.

The only requirement of the H100i is: Does it fit in your case?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Has all you need included, but I would recommend adding 4 smaller rubber washers/spacers as the fit can be slightly loose. Just put them on the bolt between the backplate and the mobo rear. I got a big reduction in temps (80°C to 65°C @ load 1.26v). Worth a look.

I'm assuming those are those white thingies on the bottom of cpu heatsinks

The case must be compatible.

righto well I have a full tower so it probably is.

Nope, most AIO water coolers do not use resivoirs and have the pumps built into the waterblock.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Thank you!

You need a case compatible meaning 2 fans spots and the width so it doesn't hit the mobo. It has so separate resovior it's an all in one.

The only requirement of the H100i is: Does it fit in your case?

I'm pretty sure it will. My case is the thermaltake a71, I'll be able to fit it in the top of the case most likely.

Thank you so much to everyone in this thread! I just love how helpful and noob-friendly this community is :)

Bjerg impersonator? LOL

couldnt think of a good username! xD

I mean...

lol that's so troll le kappa zed mekanic xD

Do you guys know if the h105 or h110 are compatible with thermaltakes a71 case?

"On the cooling side of things you will find a nice assortment of supplied fans and options. The front of the chassis has a 200mm fan installed. The top of the chassis is the same, there is another 200mm fan installed, but you have the option to install a pair of 120mm fans or even an AIO or regular 240mm radiator. "

Taken from a case review at http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/5576/thermaltake-chaser-a71-full-tower-chassis-review/index2.html

Should be okay for an h105 but the h110 will not fit as its a double 140 rad

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

"On the cooling side of things you will find a nice assortment of supplied fans and options. The front of the chassis has a 200mm fan installed. The top of the chassis is the same, there is another 200mm fan installed, but you have the option to install a pair of 120mm fans or even an AIO or regular 240mm radiator. "

Taken from a case review at http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/5576/thermaltake-chaser-a71-full-tower-chassis-review/index2.html

Should be okay for an h105 but the h110 will not fit at its a double 140

thanks m9

it's a closed all-in-one loop so all the water and everything else you need is already in the system and ready to go.

the H100i comes with everything you need such as mounting hardware, fans, a pump, radiators, and so forth. But it also prepares you for life. It'll give you answers to a test when you're struggling, help you prepare for that crucial job interview, and be your own personal counselor when you encounter a problem with anything!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!