Does the Corsair h100i come with everything I need for watercooling?

Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

I was going to go for the h105, I have 240mm spare on the top of my case. Thanks for the input, th

I can assure you that you don't have 240mm space between your motherboard and top of your case.  240mm is the amount of fan space you have.  I'm talking about thickness of the radiator + fans.  The H105 is 63mm thick including fans.  The others are 52mm thick.  This is a big difference.  Measure before you buy anything that won't fit.

If you are running an AMD setup make sure you have the stock AMD cpu bracket/backplate. (the one that came pre-installed when you got the motherboard) I recently upgraded from a h55 to h100i and I spent hours looking for the thing because I had to take it off for the h55. Chances are if you arnt running the stock AMD coolder then you arnt using a stock bracket and backplate. Also i would reccomend you buy different fans as the ones that come with the cooler and god awful loud.

the H100i comes with everything you need such as mounting hardware, fans, a pump, radiators, and so forth. But it also prepares you for life. It'll give you answers to a test when you're struggling, help you prepare for that crucial job interview, and be your own personal counselor when you encounter a problem with anything!

will it even take a bullet for me?

The H105 is a lot more thick than the H100i.  Make sure that there is enough room in your case.  I have a full tower case, and barely have enough room for an H105. 

The H100i is not recommended because it is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications because of its poor mounting hardware.  It also has a noisy pump and buggy software.  Look into the Cooler Master Seidon 240M or Cooler Master Nepton 240M.  They are not as thick as the H105, so a better chance that it will work in your chassis, and without the problems of the H100i.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The H105 is a lot more thick than the H100i.  Make sure that there is enough room in your case.  I have a full tower case, and barely have enough room for an H105. 

The H100i is not recommended because it is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications because of its poor mounting hardware.  It also has a noisy pump and buggy software.  Look into the Cooler Master Seidon 240M or Cooler Master Nepton 240M.  They are not as thick as the H105, so a better chance that it will work in your chassis, and without the problems of the H100i.

I was going to go for the h105, I have 240mm spare on the top of my case. Thanks for the input, though.

I was going to go for the h105, I have 240mm spare on the top of my case. Thanks for the input, th

I can assure you that you don't have 240mm space between your motherboard and top of your case.  240mm is the amount of fan space you have.  I'm talking about thickness of the radiator + fans.  The H105 is 63mm thick including fans.  The others are 52mm thick.  This is a big difference.  Measure before you buy anything that won't fit.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Ok thank you.

Ok thank you.

Happy to help.  Would hate for you to buy a product that doesn't fit.  It happened to me earlier this year.  I had a mid-ATX case that has room for a 240mm AIO, but, the amount of space between my motherboard and the top of my case was not enough.

You know how the saying goes:  Measure twice, purchase once.

Yes! The Corsair H100i will grow legs, follow you around, and thanks to the dense fins on the radiator, it'll stop bullets right in their tracks! Preventing you from dying and expensive medical bills!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Yes! The Corsair H100i will grow legs, follow you around, and thanks to the dense fins on the radiator, it'll stop bullets right in their tracks! Preventing you from dying and expensive medical bills!!

Screw health insurance, just buy a H100i!