Rev3Games Shutting Down

Rafy

Honestly I saw this coming a long time ago. Adam Sessler left, followed shortly after by Max Schoville and Anthony Carboni. The only reason I was watching the channel on the first place was for Sessler. Oh well, I hope Tara finds a new channel to call home.

Source:

Thank god it was getting really crappy after all the best people left. You also forgot scott bromley.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

oh man, always sad to see. Best of luck to everyone. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

What's with all of these companies leaving right now? :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I never heard of them so they won't be missed by me.  Was their show any good?  Where did they rank on YouTube/Twitch and stuff like that?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I really appreciated the effort Nick put into it after Adam left - he really was trying

Tara felt like the only real "reviewer" (idk what other appropriate term to use) left after Adam left

I remember their first google hangout chat after Adam left, that they all talked about how much Adam valued their input/opinion regardless of their credibility/history/experience, and that there were so many good things Adam brought out in them

but they never took that further after he left. All the talk about how much better Adam made them at viewing/interpreting/reviewing games never came about when he left. It just devolved to boring livestreams.

Just such a shame that they admit and appreciate the influence Adam Sessler gave them.....but didn't utilize it....

I've never heard of Rev3Games before, I thought they were some kind of game developer from the name.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Goodbye people I never heard of, may you have success in your future endeavours that I'll probably never hear of either.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Is Rev3Games shutting down, or are these two hosts leaving? Really don't have time right now to watch both videos to find out.

I really enjoyed a lot of rev3games content. There coverage was really good when Adam Sessler was there though. I found that their videos were much more intelligent and critical than what you would find from IGN.

Gamer + Musician + Techie = Me

Steam: luke104.3

Origin: xxluke104xx

Is Rev3Games shutting down, or are these two hosts leaving? Really don't have time right now to watch both videos to find out.

Yeah, they're shutting down :/

Gamer + Musician + Techie = Me

Steam: luke104.3

Origin: xxluke104xx

I really appreciated the effort Nick put into it after Adam left - he really was trying

Tara felt like the only real "reviewer" (idk what other appropriate term to use) left after Adam left

I remember their first google hangout chat after Adam left, that they all talked about how much Adam valued their input/opinion regardless of their credibility/history/experience, and that there were so many good things Adam brought out in them

but they never took that further after he left. All the talk about how much better Adam made them at viewing/interpreting/reviewing games never came about when he left. It just devolved to boring livestreams.

Just such a shame that they admit and appreciate the influence Adam Sessler gave them.....but didn't utilize it....

I really started to feel like Nick's content belonged on his own channel. The rest of the videos felt like spam or maybe they had about 10 seconds of enjoyable content. Coffee talk and casual fridays just died after about a month + I couldn't sit through the livestream highlights. It was like watching the same video over and over.

After Adam left, Rev3 just ran out of ideas. I'm surprised Nick and Tara could hold up the channel on their own for so long though--much respect to them. It was sad watching everyone leave one by one over the years.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

I used to be subscribed a long time ago. Didn't really like it then, I only watched Sessler's reviews. After a while I just didn't watch anything, they were just clogging up my subscription feed so I unsubbed. I just didn't like their style, this "overly friendly" attitude. I don't know how to put it in words, but basically it's like Polaris (only Polaris is a lot worse).

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

I really started to feel like Nick's content belonged on his own channel. The rest of the videos felt like spam or maybe they had about 10 seconds of enjoyable content. Coffee talk and casual fridays just died after about a month + I couldn't sit through the livestream highlights. It was like watching the same video over and over.

After Adam left, Rev3 just ran out of ideas. I'm surprised Nick and Tara could hold up the channel on their own for so long though--much respect to them. It was sad watching everyone leave one by one over the years.

I can somewhat agree - but at least Nick tried. that's my main point. I don't count their livestreams as "content" - it was just extra behind the scenes stuff to me. So the channel was completely dead - granted part of that was just the lack of game releases. At least Nick took that dead time to try and create some discussion segments (like those parts with Cisco about the different perspectives of PC gamers and non-PC gamers). He tried at least

just watched the videos now that I got home - feel sad for Tara. could hear the tears in her voice :(

Never heard of em.... Tara needs to lose the hipster glasses.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I remember watching one video from them last year which had that bald guy adam and i must say he is huge shill.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).