What is a good affordable 120/128GB SSD below $160?

JujuShinobi

I have been doing some asking around on what should I add for my build and the majority of people said "Add an SSD! You will not regret it!" And so I finally decide I should jam one in my budget. But the problem is, I do not know much about SSDs and would really like to get a 120/128GB one that is not too expensive like the latest Corsair ones.

Any suggestions?

Well $160 pretty much lets you get the best 128GB SSDs available - The OCZ Vector and Samsung 840 Pro

Other than those, the regular Samsung 840 and the OCZ Vertex 4, the Intel 520, the Corsair Neutron GTX, the Crucial M4 and the Plextor M5Pro would all be fine. I'm slightly surprised to see the Plextor that cheap, actually. It's up with the OCZ Vector and 840 Pro where I live.

Arent Crucial M4's really cheap now?

They are good drives.

under 160 well i would get an 840pro! i will buy 2 of them for extreme build an put them in raid :)

Arent Crucial M4's really cheap now?

They are good drives.

They are good, cheap and reliable.

But the speeds aren't that good anymore... its fast compared to a normal HDD but something like a 840 pro is faster

I would get the 840 pro too! If you really don't need the best of the best you could always sacrifice performance for more capacity. Or just get a cheaper but still decent 120gb SSD. Intel 520 and Crucial M4 are good choices too as stated above.

In no particular order: Intel 330 and 520, Samsung 830 and 840Pro, Crucial M4's and Sandisk Extremes.

The 840 has relatively low read speeds compared to others in its price range so that's why i've put forward the pro model.

As mentioned above, you could get two and put them in Raid0 but that serves no real purpose as you won't gain any noticeable speed.

I'd go for a Samsung 830/840.. Saw some deals on newegg and bought one myself.. loving it

May the Force be with you.

OCZ Vector hands down.

I personally use an OCZ Vertex 4 and am very happy with it.

Any SSD is better than any HDD. So in real life it really doesn't matter. If all you like to do is run benchmarks get something that is red and says GT on it. Or if you want to save $40, get something that isn't red. I run a Vertex 3, well it runs me, really quickly. Wut win7 logo? I haven't seen a Win7 logo in months.

Just get anything. As long as it is an SSD, it will be amazing.

You should be able to get most consumer 120/128GB ssd fo under 160 so just find one that has reliable reviews and from a company you prefer.

You should be able to get most consumer 120/128GB ssd fo under 160 so just find one that has reliable reviews and from a company you prefer.
You quoted Linus from the latest NCIX video didn't you? =P

Check out the Samsung 840 Pro. Very good drive I have it myself and love it.

You should be able to get any older Sandforce drives for below $100